It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear engineer Arnie Gundersen demonstrates how Fukushima's fuel rods melted and shattered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The Vimeo link is a demonstration by Arnie Gundersen, a nuclear engineer on the probable state of the Fukushima reactor. The video is 4min 33sec long - the most important part is his assessment towards the end.

vimeo.com...

This is how serious the nuclear reactor at Fukushima is.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
uh oh....i wonder how many pellets are on the ground now after the recent quake they just had....

likely lots..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Thanks for showing footage,
but it didn't take an einstein to work this one out.
The guy is a day late and a dollar short. Where was this bloke 3 weeks ago????

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm guessing that when they released estimates concerning % of meltdown in each reactor they meant that that amount of "pellets" had been released and are pooling and melting on the bottom of the reactor as well as the containment vessel itself.

Wondering what would stop the released material from melting the bottom of the rods together starting a thermal chain reaction? Tell me its not just water??

Non't know still have a funny feeling this is just starting up still, sounds like they are hinting that this is a "controlled" meltdown....if there is such a thing.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Gunderson is little more than a hired gun of the anti-nuclear crowd and a professional fraud. What does he know about fuel rack construction anyways? Oh, that’s right, he was an engineering manager in charge of a team that designed and built a new set of fuel racks for Vermont Yankee 25 years ago … too bad Gunderson’s fuel racks didn’t fit and the project ended up in court.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That was VERY informative. I've heard the word "meltdown" plenty of times, but until now I was only able to equate that with "bad". Now I know exactly what that entails.

*edit*

What's wrong with what this guy showed in the video?
edit on 11-4-2011 by an0maly33 because: to address posts since my last refresh

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
S + F to the poster .
Gunderson seems very down to earth and knowledgable.
He speaks in a way which is informative yet easy to digest.
I look forward to his new developments.. At least he provides much needed information.
Thanks Arnie Gundersen ... You may well save humanity in the future

top topics

join