It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme court defends prosecution that withholds evidence which proves man on death row is innocent.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by violence=answer
that whole situation is foul...
take it to a higher power, sue and get hella money.

There is a reason its called the SUPREME court.

The only higher power is God

Or Guns

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

No we read, it's the fact that the very people who are there to proctect us are doing exactly the opposite. By your logic, that makes it acceptable for you to be framed, locked up for 18 years, and nearly killed. The Supreme Court overturned a ruling that they OBVIOUSLY shouldn't have, so clearly they do not have the citizens best interest at heart.

If they locked me up like that and withheld the evidence that PROVED me innocent, my god I dont know what I would do!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I am currently in a heated dispute over a rape of an inlaw that never happened because I was in another part of the state and the prosecution is withholding evidence that would exonerate me completely but they refuse to hear the evidence and pictures of me at a friend's wedding with a time stamp plus...... my dna doesn't match. I spent 2 weeks in jail and was beaten like a ragdoll for what???? Its been two years and I can't find a job and was fired from my job because of my arrest. Oh and also I was told I could not sue the state for witholding evidence. I am still fighting this in court and its cost me $85,000 so far and I sold my house and land to pay for my defense. My kids are the ones who truly suffered for the state's neglegence!
We need prosecutors and judges to be accountable. My bond was set at 50,000 cash and that was not part of the 85,000 I quoted earlier. I was the one that is getting raped!
edit on 11-4-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

agentblue i'm real sorry this travesty is happening to you. and I know there is no joy in knowing you aren't the only one being shafted like this. i hope the day soon comes when all this is behind you, and you hit the lottery big.

I watch a butt-load of Forensics, Justice, True Crime, Police, etcetera TV programs. More and more frequently there are documentaries broadcast that show the unwillingness of people who wear robes to even consider taking a look at evidence that would clear a person of wrong-doing. This is unacceptable.

There are now more news reports than ever about innocent prisoners being freed. Good this innocent people get to leave prison, bad they were there to begin with. And their lives will never be the same as before.

If you are not familiar with The Innocence Project, please visit their website and lend them some support if you can. TIP investigates prisoners claims and works hard to give the best cases their attention. These people need help, and this madness has to end.
Please write down their URL and visit after you've read ATS front-to-back

www.innocenceproject.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If you are not part of the legal society it is important to learn that they will always side with their own over you. They will change the rules they expect you to play by.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The movie 'Law Abiding Citizen" seems we need real people like this to turn the justice system on it's head as everything he said in the movie is exactly the truth.
They all need to held accountable for their actions but of course those that run things make sure it doesn't happen.
They need to change the scale of justice to the scale of injustice but hey the system works just perfectly if you got the right amount of money.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
Do people read? He fought it, won, and the supreme court overturned the conviction..

He WON against the people that framed him but the supreme court ruled AGAINST that victory

Are there any checks and balances placed on the Supreme Court? Can it ever be decided they are not serving the justice system and the rights of the people? Impeached or asked to step down, how about a whole new court?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You forget, this is a land of lawyers, by lawyers.

They'll always protect themselves.

More so than even cops.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by Romekje
Do people read? He fought it, won, and the supreme court overturned the conviction..

He WON against the people that framed him but the supreme court ruled AGAINST that victory

Are there any checks and balances placed on the Supreme Court? Can it ever be decided they are not serving the justice system and the rights of the people? Impeached or asked to step down, how about a whole new court?

I was wondering the same, Googled, and no, there isn't.

Basically as long as they are in "good behavior," they are able to serve. The only requirement for "good behavior" seems to be that they are able to occupy space and turn oxygen into carbon dioxide. Only one justice has ever been impeached ever and that was in 1805, and he was promptly acquitted and was back on the bench in no time.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Land of the free
Home of the lockdown.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Regardless of the failures of process here or it being the first, only every in the history of mankind or whatever other reason they may wish to offer to prevent true justice being done, this man is owed and he needs to be paid. How would you all feel if this were your brother or your father or your son? He is owed and it's the responsibility of the people to make sure your will is done with this thing. Those responsible for this *must* be held accountable. Why should they not be?! Why train them, why hire them, why give them huge salaries and great respect when they do not comprehend the responsibility they hold in their hands when they go to work each day?

We have the same problem with medical staff too. They have too much power and too much pay. They are not of high enough moral fiber to handle it. There must be more eyes watching them if this is the status quo.

People cannot be incarcerated for decades, their lives taken from them unjustly, and then hold no one responsible and offer absolutely no recompense and certainly no apology. It's shocking and unethical. If this is the state of things, I say let everybody go free and come what may. This is injustice for everyone and the system has shown its failures to be too great to ignore.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
he had 5 thing going against him.

1. he's black.

2. he's black.

3 he's black.

4. he's black.

and 5. he's black.

edit on 12-4-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Death Penalty is wrong, plain and simple.

As someone stated before: there is ALWAYS the possibility of wrongful sentencing. The justice system has failed on MANY occasions which have been proven with DNA evidence where death row inmates would eventually be released and cleared of charges (at a point too late anyway, their lives already screwed.) Too bad so sad for the poor black man who was executed before new evidence was brought to court? Hmm.

Indiana:
"Between 1990 and 2000, prosecutors requested the death penalty in 153 cases from the 4,617 murders and homicides reported in the state. From those 153 cases where the death penalty was sought, 48 went to trial, 25 resulted in death sentences, and 4 actually resulted in an execution. Clark County Prosecutor Steven Stewart stated that, while he agrees with the death penalty, it does cost more than life in prison without parole."

- Racism plays a major role in sentencing.
- Stupid lawyers showing up drunk to court.
- Costs are MUCH MUCH higher for death sentencing procedures VS. Life in prison
- Revenge is not something we should promote in our society.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Openminds32
This is just ridiculous, how could someone lock up an innocent man and sleep at night?

From what I have read, it happens all the time! There are 1000s of reasons to oppose the death penalty, this kind of thing is just one of them...
Death penalty information

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ayoss

Basically as long as they are in "good behavior," they are able to serve. The only requirement for "good behavior" seems to be that they are able to occupy space and turn oxygen into carbon dioxide.

Blast! Another breather! Quite funny and right you are sir! bad news, the rest of it

top topics

<< 1   >>

join