It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced civilizations might be able to live inside Black holes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Inside a rotating or charged black holes there are bound periodic planetary orbits, which not coming out nor terminated at the central singularity. The stable periodic orbits inside black holes exist even for photons. We call these bound orbits by the orbits of the third kind, following to Chandrasekhar classification for particle orbits in the black hole gravitational field. It is shown that an existence domain for the third kind orbits is a rather spacious, and so there is a place for life inside the supermassive black holes in the galactic nuclei. The advanced civilizations may inhabit the interiors of supermassive black holes, being invisible from the outside and basking in the light of the central singularity and orbital photons.

Is there life inside black holes?

Cosmologists have known for some time that there are regions inside charged, rotating black holes where objects such as photons can survive in stable periodic orbits.

Dokuchaev's contribution is to study these orbits in detail and to explore their dynamics. One of the problems that would at first seem to scupper any chance of planetary orbits inside a black hole is the way that the dimensions of space and time behave.

It's well known that a traveller passing through a black hole's event horizon arrives in a region in which the radial dimension becomes time-like, rather than space-like. Conventional orbits are clearly impossible here.

But travel further in and there is another horizon where the dimensions switch back again (at least, inside charged and rotating black holes). This is the inner Cauchy horizon and it's beyond here that Dokuchaev says the interesting orbits for massive planets exist.

He calculates that the stable orbits are nonequatorial and have a rich structure (see picture above). They would also be brightly illuminated by the central singularity and by photons trapped in the same orbit.

That raises an interesting question: whether a planet in such an orbit could support a complex chemistry that is rich enough to allow life to evolve.

Dokuchaev clearly thinks so. "Advanced civilizations may live safely inside the supermassive BHs in the galactic nuclei without being visible from the outside," he says, somewhat speculatively.

Of course, such a civilisation would have to cope with extraordinary conditions such as huge tidal forces and the huge energy density that builds up in these stable orbits as photons become trapped. There's also the small problem of causality violations, which some cosmologists predict would plague this kind of tortured space-time.

arxiv.org...

Vyacheslav Dokuchaev at the Institute for Nuclear Research of the Russian Academy of Sciences in Moscow points out that certain black holes can have a complex internal structure. And that this structure ought to allow photons, particles and perhaps even planets to orbit the central singularity without ever getting sucked all the way in.

nextbigfuture.com...

I thought this was pretty wild and opens up many possibilities. Could it be possible that our universe is inside a black hole? Did the universe start when a blackhole was formed? Is it possible that the aliens people see are visitors who travel through black holes?

Interesting. I don't really know what else to add.

Thanks.
edit on 11/4/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
"The advanced civilizations may inhabit the interiors of supermassive black holes, being invisible from the outside and basking in the light of the central singularity and orbital photons"

arxiv.org...

I found it amusing when the experts in the fields come right out and admit to advanced civilizations or at least entertain the fact especially when the paper is coming from a prestigious institution like Cornell University.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
There is a theory in Physics that our Universe exists within a Black Hole

Like part of a cosmic Russian doll, our universe may be nested inside a black hole that is itself part of a larger universe. In turn, all the black holes found so far in our universe—from the microscopic to the supermassive—may be doorways into alternate realities

news.nationalgeographic.com...

A truly mind boggling thought

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya

I found it amusing when the experts in the fields come right out and admit to advanced civilizations or at least entertain the fact especially when the paper is coming from a prestigious institution like Cornell University.

The idea that we're not alone in the universe is widely accepted in the scientific community, but not the idea that we're being visited. There's a big difference.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
yes, the heechee live there.

en.wikipedia.org...

great series btw!

they were hiding from the bad guys.

spoiler!
edit on 11-4-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Excellent thread, thats 3 decent threads so far we are on to a winner I think.

Could it be possible that our universe is inside a black hole? Did the universe start when a blackhole was formed? Is it possible that the aliens people see are visitors who travel through black holes?

Very thought provoking indeed, something I have toyed with many times, could everything that we know to be real in every sense be nothing but an illusion to others? as always, time will tell, 'they' will either tell us or keep it for themselves.

Star and Flagged - deservedly

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It would be ingenious on their part. Our lifetime would be over, compared to merely seconds of time inside of a black hole. Not to mention, if they could tap the hawking radiation, they would have a very large power supply.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
There is a theory in Physics that our Universe exists within a Black Hole

Like part of a cosmic Russian doll, our universe may be nested inside a black hole that is itself part of a larger universe. In turn, all the black holes found so far in our universe—from the microscopic to the supermassive—may be doorways into alternate realities

news.nationalgeographic.com...

A truly mind boggling thought

Doesn't this conflict with the big bang theory? It voids galaxial drift. That is unless the Sigularity is ring shaped, which has no convergence, or the black hole is spherical, and the convergence point is in one plotted extremity of the sphere, in which case, humans would be able to observe the convergence of the galaxies as they pass over a spot around an imaginary "equator".

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The idea that our and other universes exist within black holes is also part of the Holographic Universe theory , the information for the hologram is held and projected from the Event Horizon .

If you have an interest in this I would suggest you watch the whole program , one of the best Horizon programs I have ever seen

The Holographic Universe

edit on 11-4-2011 by gortex because: ETA

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Interesting. I'd like to wait and see what some of the more science minded atsers think about this as I am not too clued up. From all that though how did you arrive at thinking that aliens or ufos that are sighted could be humans from the future who travel through black holes? Sorry that just seems a pretty random idea lol

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
what if the universe is fractal and black holes are the places where new universes (fractals) branch off?

I actually think this may hold some truth.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pastafarian
what if the universe is fractal and black holes are the places where new universes (fractals) branch off?

I actually think this may hold some truth.

Why do you think this? To be honest I think its pretty impossible to guess since its such a far away, unexplored point of study. People always seem to have ideas about black holes, but always seem to be based on random thoughts or films. Sorry I didn't mean to say that about you mate, I'm, sure you have much better knowledge if the subject than I do. It just this reminded me of what a lot of other people have been saying in other threads and noone ever seems to provide explanation and instead just say whatever.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
fedrik pohl did this years ago.

great series of books. heechee saga.

this guy brings it back up, no problem.

so why do you think that they live there for?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

CObzz

An advanced civilization with the science, technology and resources to maintain their existence inside of a black hole would more than likely also have the ability to crawl up my nose and live there. I mean, for all WE know.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
O.K. Sooo, how did they get this information? To my knowledge we don't have the technology to get to a blackhole much less survive once we get to it. Next, since light can not escape then there is no way we can see past the event horizon. Lastly, you do know that they are not really holes? Right? It's a dead star that has colapsed in on itself with an unimaginable amount of gravity. Of course that is just a theory also.
edit on 11-4-2011 by JPeveto4 because: Forgot something

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Very good thread. F&S, UFOs come into our dimension through White Holes. A good example of this is the pilot of a small plane going from Islands in the north Atlantic to Miami. He saw what he thought was a weird cloud formation flew into one of these Holes, all his insturments went off, and when he popped out of it he was right over Miami. Which should have been a 3 hour flight was just 1 hr. and no fuel used while in the Hole. What everyone said, " Well, it is just the anomolies in the Trangile. But what it is, is the answer to these anomolies and disappeariences. Now that the FBI Vault, has realeased some of this about them coming from other dimensions not other planets, this will I hope will give technology that can be used for the public to travel.
This thread, and the source of this information, might mean a step in that direction. All the Debunkers on ATS or going to be eating crow, now that the Disclosure has started.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by itsallmaya

The idea that we're not alone in the universe is widely accepted in the scientific community, but not the idea that we're being visited. There's a big difference.

Ahhhh, point taken!
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

with the exception of the scientists that have been working on et life and technology within govt. and corporate projects for the past several decades. there lies the big difference!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
cobzz... you might be able to live inside a black hole, however most people cant, because there is no atmosphere.. Only aliens can live there like you. Its great that, we get great ideas like this, to distract us from all the useless disimformation out there, so that we cant focus on there real important ideas....

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This is thought provoking, and the comments over here are a bit scary.

Black holes, dark matter, big bang - these are just concepts, speculation and theories. When you start to argue over new theories that are based on old unproven theories, it gets a bit absurd...

I don't want to offend anyone, but can't you see that modern science has crossed over to the realm of religion quite some time ago?
edit on 11-4-2011 by dbove because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join