It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French ban on Islamic face veil comes into force

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

If France is always going to be a Catholic country , why worry ?

Evidently , Muslims breed more then Catholics and one can conclude that the future belongs to those who breed more .

Banning burqa means nothing for Catholic birth rates .

This will only serve to divide the population of France further into alienation .

edit on 11-4-2011 by 23432 because: gr

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Well done France.

Someone showed me a brilliant comparison of two photographs.

They both showed a high street, with shops and glittering lights behind them.

1) Picture one showed asian couples holding hands, dressed in T-shirts and jeans, strolling along and smiling.

2) Picture two showed an asian man walking, with his wife five feet behind him, she was dressed completely in a burka and the only thing you could see were her eyes.

Now... The pictures both had titles.

Picture 1 was a city in Pakistan.

Picture 2 was Bradford in the UK.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
someone caught wearing a burka will be asked to remove it first, when they refuse they get a 150 euro fine.
On the other hand, if turns out that the women was forced to wear the burka then the husband will be facing a 30.000 euro fine.
There was a protest about this earlier today, only 3 woman in burka showed up of which two where arrested.

We are talking about a rare minority here, it's not like thousends of woman wear burka's in these parts of the world, and I can't imagine most of them would wear it by choice.

The same law is on the table in Belgium and other European countries, won't be long now before these laws are forced aswell.
There was a lot to do about the burka restriction last year, I remember they asked a husband of one of those ladies who wear a burka how he felt about it. He replied "if she can't wear the burka outside then I will keep her indoors"

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Dear 23432,
Thank you for your response, you raise an interesting point. The reason I state France will "always" be a Catholic country is simply that the French will, I believe, not allow the Islamisation of the country. It isn't fact, as I can't really make that kind of statement as fact, call it a personal opinion.

Why worry you ask? I kind of explained why in my post, but simply put if a country continues to allow the wearing of the Burqua and Sharia law, eventually people will have to start worrying because then it will become a huge cultural problem, let's put religion aside there for the moment.

As I stated in my earlier post, the ban on the burqua is, from my understanding, more about it's reason, it's implication. It isn't required in the Qu'ran, it is only a secular interpretation of the Qu'ran which demands the wearing of the burqua of it's women. It is all about the subjugation of the female gender, nothing else. Sadly a lot of women who wear it are so brain washed and under control they believe, steadfastly, that it's their "right" to wear it. Ultimately at some stage someone needs to stand up and say no, for their sake even if they don't realise it is for their sake. Do we continue to allow something which symbolises the oppression of women? That is the real question here and the real point.

Regards,
T

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I agree with the new french law and quite frankly, its about time !

Im not french, and have only been there once. But i can understand why it needs to be done.
How are they aloud to travel around the world in airoplanes and through customs wearing a full face veil? Can you imagine what would happen if we did that?
When in Rome indeed !

In some counrties you go to you have to cover up and abide by there rules and culture, so they should do the same here. Its a national security risk !

Besides, if there country is so fantastic why are they not living in it ?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Patience, patience. Hopefully like the Greeks of old, muslim women will begin aborting their children or killing their male babies until muslim males are forced by their own imminent decline to catch up on those two thousand years they lag behind the rest of the world (addressed to those muslim 'males' who deem it their right to determine what muslim women will wear, etc. Disgusting misogny that must be strongly discouraged wherever it's encountered along with strong persuasian for muslims to stay out of the West and to get out of the West asap unless they're fully prepared to get on their knees, face West and thank us repeatedly for our generosity in allowing them to step into our domain. A paraphrase of that other disgusting misogynist, Mel Gibson, lol )

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
Here in the UK we have had our 'British' civil liberties eroded for years.

What goes around comes around !

Maybe we should also do the same in this country.

Take for example hanging an England flag out of your window.
In some parts of this country, youd be stabbed for doing that.

and I am not joking either.

Indeed, my neighbor was forced to remove a british flag due to foreign neighbors complaining, I for one would agree to this in the uk.. Just saying, i am not racist!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The underlying problem is not the burka per se, but the attitude of some Muslim men who think a proper woman needs to be hidden from view and any woman not so attired is a slut worthy of manhandling.

That attitude behind the use of a burka is what needs to be challenged vigorously. That is the attitude that needs to be dropped when Muslim men enter western society. I am glad that the new law gives the most serious fine to the men. They are ones who need smartening up.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
The underlying problem is not the burka per se, but the attitude of some Muslim men who think a proper woman needs to be hidden from view and any woman not so attired is a slut worthy of manhandling.

That attitude behind the use of a burka is what needs to be challenged vigorously. That is the attitude that needs to be dropped when Muslim men enter western society. I am glad that the new law gives the most serious fine to the men. They are ones who need smartening up.

I totally agree with you .
The wearing of a Burka , came about because of the childish insecurities of husbands and them not wanting another man to look upon their wives .

edit on 11-4-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey

The wearing of a Burka , came about becuase of the childish insecurities of husbands.

Is it fair to say, therefore that this new' law' is actually a challenge more to do against religious beliefs and equality than it is a cultural thing ?

PDUK

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey

The wearing of a Burka , came about becuase of the childish insecurities of husbands.

Is it fair to say, therefore that this new' law' is actually a challenge more to do against religious beliefs and equality than it is a cultural thing ?

PDUK

No . It is tradition, practised by Muslims . It is not a Muslim tradition or law.

edit on 11-4-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
im not a racist but i agree 100% with france on this one.
for instance i got stopped by the police and was forced to remove my window tint on the side of the roadside because it was slightly over the legal limit and the officer said "it was dangerous and a hazzard to drive with tinted windows" but as he was giving me a telling off how it "blocks your field of vision" a woman drove past wearing a burka and all i could see was her eyes!!
so basically that was like driving with all your windows tinted limo black and a clear strip in the windscreen!
1 rule for 1 person and another rule for another.
we should do this in wales but most governments havent got the b4lls to stand up and do something like this so fair play to france.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This simply opens the door to the government regulating one more thing, how you can dress.

So out of fear, and jealousy, and prejudice, so called freedom loving people, support an assault on one more freedom, simply because in this particular case it's a freedom that they have no need for themselves.

Yet the precedent it sets opens up the door for a similiar initiative later down the road on a freedom that you do enjoy.

If it were up to me kids could not wear baggie pants that expose their underwear yet it is a freedom of expression and thankfully it's not up to me.

Being a bit of a pervert if it it were up to me bras would be outlawed! Thankfully it's not up to me there either.

Yet when citizens support freedom intrusive laws like these they open the door to it becoming up to someone and laws that will regulate these things.

It's a double edged sword being wielded as always, and when getting people to support that first swing is on a hot button issue that plays to fears, religion, prejudices and jealousies all the people lose when they fall to the temptation.

Horay! We are one step closer to a fascist dictatorship that regulates every aspect of existence!

Three cheers!

Excuse me while I go cry.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There are many cultural observances which are unacceptable in the West, forced marriage, polygamy, female genital mutilation etc. Why should the Burqua be tolerated?

As a female I cannot and do not accept that a woman should have to hide her feminity due to male insecurity and dominance.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Dear Proto,
For once my friend you seem to have lost your usual analytical and understanding approach to a subject:

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
This simply opens the door to the government regulating one more thing, how you can dress.

So out of fear, and jealousy, and prejudice, so called freedom loving people, support an assault on one more freedom, simply because in this particular case it's a freedom that they have no need for themselves.

Are you serious? It has nothing to do with fear, jealousy and prejudice. Honestly Proto I am really disappointed in you. Surely you can see past the MSM bull and actually understand the implications here. It has nothing to do with a government telling you how you can dress, that is only a side effect. It has everything to do with a government trying to stop a bad practice, one which has subjugated women.

I can only "facepalm" and wonder if you didn't have your morning coffee.

Edit - The only thing I can add is an English expression, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Regards,
T
edit on 11-4-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i find the anti-Islamism even more scary than the spread of Islam into Europe tbh,

i don't like Islam at all, but i find this kind of bigotry reminiscent of the anti-Semitism of the early 20th century.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by descartes90
i find the anti-Islamism even more scary than the spread of Islam into Europe tbh,

i don't like Islam at all, but i find this kind of bigotry reminiscent of the anti-Semitism of the early 20th century.

Dear Descartes90,
Then you have totally missed the point. Anti-Islamism from the foremost accepting country in Europe.

*golfclap*

Regards,
T

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
Dear Proto,
For once my friend you seem to have lost your usual analytical and understanding approach to a subject:

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Are you serious? It has nothing to do with fear, jealousy and prejudice. Honestly Proto I am really disappointed in you. Surely you can see past the MSM bull and actually understand the implications here. It has nothing to do with a government telling you how you can dress, that is only a side effect. It has everything to do with a government trying to stop a bad practice, one which has subjugated women.

I can only "facepalm" and wonder if you didn't have your morning coffee.

Edit - The only thing I can add is an English expression, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Regards,
T
edit on 11-4-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

It is neither here nor there whether it's a bad practice, and when it comes to how people practice religion the assumption is that woman don't want to take that Mikva Bath, or get on at the back of the bus like many Jewish Women do, or to wear a bonnet and stay at home all day like many Amish women do, yet the truth is that many of these women do in fact want to do these things because they see it as a way not to please their man, but as a way to please their version of God and earn that ticket to heaven.

Would I want to wear a burka or take a bath in milk after my monthly menstural cycle?

I can't honestly say because I am not a Muslim or Jewish woman of faith.

Neither are you, so are they being repressed or are you trying to repress them from practicing their religion freely simply because you believe it to be repressive.

Regardless this is how the new world order is arriving, angry, scared, and reactionary people supporting the government in freedom robbing intrusions into life.

Which the government is only bound to continue to expand and abuse that authority once given or permitted as it always does.

How does freedom die? To Thunderdous Applause!

By people making feel good excuses for it, imagining they have won something.

Bottom line if a Jewish Woman wants to take a Mikva Bath or get on the back of a segregated bus in Jerusalem that's their business not mine.

If a Muslim woman wants to wear a burka that's their business not mine.

If a Amish woman wants to wear a floor length modest dress and a bonnet and an apron and stay home and watch the kids and cook all day that's their business not mine.

Not only are they not hurting me in doing that, the only way I can make it my business and get what I want on 'rare' occassion is by making it the government's business and giving them that power.

If they will use that power to rob freedom and decide what's repressive through repressive laws no less on one segment of society then yes once the precedent is established they will use it on others.

It's pretty simple, the New World Order is about trying to get a majority to live a certain way and then playing on their fears to allow the state to force everyone else to live that way too.

How do they do that, with hot button issues like this and you know as well as I do that many people who will support will support it for all the wrong reasons.

edit on 11/4/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Dear Proto,

You have no clue what you are saying or writing about. You talk about repression when you don't even know the facts or truths about it. I have met and talked to many Muslim women who, behind closed doors, discuss the repression they suffer on a daily basis. You write your opinions eloquently, you please with your prose, yet behind it all, you miss the point, you go off half cocked on a subject you have no idea about.

I have nothing more to say to you.

Regards,
T

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

By the way if you are granted an audience with the Pope as a national leader, including the President of the United States and you bring your wife, the First Lady of the United States into his presence they must be dressed head to toe in black and wear a black veil, and they do, up to and including Michelle Obama.

So is George Bush Sr, Jr, Ronald Regan, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama repressing their wives?

Or are there certain religious customs when it comes to certain religions?

The Pope has the power to make a first lady of the United States basically dress in a manner you don't want women in France being able to freely do?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join