It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French ban on Islamic face veil comes into force

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
It blows my mind that a new law was created for as few as 367 and as many as 2000 people.

In France, where there is an inflamed debate on the matter right now, the first investigation carried out by the police last year found that there were 367 women in France who wore burka or Niqab – 0.015% of the population. This was so low that the secret service was told to count again, and came up with a figure of 2,000

www.guardian.co.uk...

It wasn't though created for those people it was created by the French at a time when they are spearheading the operations in Libya a Muslim Nation.

Main message of this law is "Remember Muslims are a threat" support our war!

While many of us seem to understand these endless wars our bankrupting our nations and that they are for oil, all it takes is a little prodding by the government to vilify Islam to keep them going.

Not enough vilification to eliminate the threat like we did by interning all Japanese during World War II.

Just enough villification to keep people supporting the endless bankrupting of their nations through the military actions against Islamic nations for oil.

Just enough of a villification and just enough threat for laws to 'protect' us all from us all, because it's not just the Muslims they are virtually strip searching at the airports with intrusive machines that use deadly radiation but you too.

Its not just the Muslims that they can wiretap without a warrant but you too!

It's not just the Muslims that they can lock away in a secret prison with no trial and no lawyer but you too!

So yeah people by all means keep supporting the reduction of your freedoms in the name of your angry war against Islam but try to wake up before it's too late the real war is being fought for total control of you!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
So where do you draw the line then? I think you have no real understanding of this issue at all, you've obviously read none of the links i've posted and you have probably never even looked at the issues of feminism, sexism and oppression in the Islamic culture. Please do some research, as you're not making a good issue here. Go and read some books, better yet go to France and see it first hand, get some experience on the issue and come back and we'll debate.

All of your assumptions are entirely unfounded and completely false. I AM a feminist. I AM a woman. I absolutely am educated on the Islamic culture. This law does NOTHING to address the actual oppression of women. Disallowing women to wear a face veil does NOTHING to address the real issue. It only appeases the racist, closed-minded, Muslim-haters.

If a law actually addressed these women's equal rights and punished those who oppress them, I would think further about it, but it does not. This law is NOT for the woman, but for the Muslim-haters.

And by your logic, you're a sexist, oppressive, intolerant, uneducated, ignorant person who has no desire to actually learn anything,

Again, all incorrect.

but instead insult those who try and teach you a few things that exist outside your Americanised way of thinking.

Who did I insult? and if you're against insulting people, then what is "you're a sexist, oppressive, intolerant, uneducated, ignorant person who has no desire to actually learn anything"??? A huge insult. Massively hypocritical!

It is true that my values on this issue comes from the US Constitution. But France also has freedom of religion and human rights.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
fact Muslim countries suck which is why there people leave and go to places like France in the first place - don't bring your bondage and expect it to sit well butter faces.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Many Americans (and non Americans) here celebrate the banning of the burqua in france yet condone TSA pat downs and full body scans in the USA because it invades freedom and privacy

double standards?
edit on 11/4/11 by Romekje because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If I were fighting a war and wasn't getting support at home, I'd think up a way to inflame the hatred, spur riots, incite violence.

Hmmmm, might want to post this thought on a conspiracy site.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
Here in the UK we have had our 'British' civil liberties eroded for years.

What goes around comes around !

Maybe we should also do the same in this country.

Take for example hanging an England flag out of your window.
In some parts of this country, youd be stabbed for doing that.

and I am not joking either.

Here in america there have been many instances where home owners have been told by the home owners association to take down theri american flag, I heard of people hanging them outside their apartment buildings have been told to take them down.Some prevail in the end some loose. But it is ok to have the mexican flag, islamic flag or any other national flag hanging on your land...ya wonders what is the hidden agendas here..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Thank you for your insightful detailed explanation of what is and has been occurring in France re the influx of Muslim population and the wearing of the burka or niqab.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I'll tell you what's bankrupting the West at street level

It's the imposition of millions of free-loading muslim migrants !

You're aware, of course, that in Australia for example, the government very swiftly changed the bigamy laws in order to favour muslims

That's right. If a non-muslim is married to two or more people simultaneously, he/she will be charged with bigamy. And it's a serious, offence which carries a jail sentence

Yet Western taxpayers are supporting unskilled, non-English speaking muslims who deem it their right to be married to four women simultaneously

This requires the Western taxpayer -- who is him/herself struggling to stay afloat -- to fully support a muslim male AND his four wives AND his four separate broods of offspring

Because the muslim migrants are unskilled and claim not to understand or speak English -- they are unemployable (except for working for each other and paying no tax and failing to declare their income, of course)

So, the muslim male comes to the West and has a lifelong holiday. A permanent, well paid retirement, even if he's only 25 years old

His house is provided for him and his main wife

A house is also provided for each of his additional wives

and their separate children

Then we come to the baby bonus. The taxpayer hands the muslim male $5,000 dollars for each new child

And as he's breeding out of four wives simultaneously, he's gauranteed four new babies per year

That's $20,000 cold hard cash in his hand. And believe me, it's in HIS hand. Not in the hands of his breeding wives

Then there's the family-allowance. It's generous. And the muslim male gets FOUR times that allowance each week. And it goes to him. Not to the women out of which he breeds, who're kept in poverty along with their children who are of course, a great source of income for their father who only expends half a teaspoon of sperm in return for handsful of money each week, courtesy of the Western taxpaying population

Not bad, huh ?

Hey, but why don't all the Western host population jump on the same gravy train ? Why not ?

No way. YOU, Mr and Mrs Westerner, will get into a LOT OF TROUBLE if you have more than one spouse at a time

' So how come the muslims can get away with it and profit from it ? " ask the host population

And the Western traitor government respond with: ' Because we created new legislation which prohibits bigamy. BUT ... we included a loophole to favour the muslims. Because we're going to classify the polygamy of muslims as ' religious marriages', rather than the 'lawful marriage' laws which apply to Westerners. How's that for cunning. Now, all you Westerners get back to work to feed the muslims and their many wives thank you '

And THAT is what's helping to bankrupt Western nations !

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Nice work Dock9! You have expressed the same feelings / thoughts that I have had for years. The veil of "tolerance" needs to be lifted. It is time to stop this charade and take back our culture. I for one am sick of sitting around and watching our culture get hijacked.

Also has anyone seen or heard what happens when someone that is not Muslim shows up in a Muslim country and does not play by their rules? THEY KILL YOU.
edit on 11-4-2011 by CORN IS NUTS because: add statements

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I can't believe that people actually support this law. It will not help the muslim women, but it will only embarrass them, like the one that was arrested (arrested, can you read?) today.

It will only bring hatred between the french and the muslim. That's the reason this law was made for, like some here have already stated.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Oh no, here come the "but it's their culture" whiners. Save that crap for another time (or never). These people wear hoods in indoor venues where hoods or masks aren't allowed to be worn by anyone. Why should these women be excused? Because it's their...gasp..RELIGION?

OK cool! So when you go to Saudi Arabia, see how open minded they are to Your culture. Thanks and good luck.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

This law was drafted and agreed upon well before there was any sign or indication of civil unrest or armed intervention in Libya.

Wearing the Burqa in schools was banned in France in 2004.
In January 2010 an all-party Commission recommended barring entrance and the use of all public services to those wearing Burqa's.
The French National Assembly over whelmingly approved a Bill banning Burqa's and Niqab's in public places between July and September 2010.

en.wikipedia.org...

All well in advance of the current situation in Libya and any attempt to link the two is simply incorrect!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Lets hope Cameron will soon follow suit.

God Bless France

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hey, if I may, since I'm French, I'll try to give you guys a little idea about how Sarko does it.
The Burka (complete veil) is worn by a few hundred women in France, let's say a thousand. On a population of 65 millions.
They say it's about women rights, ok sure, granted, what about women being paid less in general? it affects a lot more women...
They say it's about "laïcité", what they mean is that we have so much freedom of religion, that they need to legislate, to decide who can do what.
Sarkozy just loves to play magic tricks like this one, this is really about radicals masking their faces inside strikes and demonstrations.
When he was "ministre de l'intérieur" he already changed the law so cops could film demonstrators to identify them and gather info about activists, groups, unions ...
It's just another way of saying that "in a Republic (which France hasn't been for a long time), we don't conceal our faces when we demonstrate" but be prepared to be listed, documented, investigated.

Or when the time came to reform social security, he named his son the head of "La Défense", the largest European financial district. The decision was not Sarkozy's anyway but it kept most people from remembering what they were so upset about.
He always does this.
Angry people at my door? Flash bomb...boum...he's out.
Can't list you all the times he did this.

So please ATS, don't think we're Islamo-phobic, this is about the right-wing identity and values, but mostly, it's yet another blow to the underground.
He's our Reagan, our Thatcher. But he's out in 2012, I can tell you that much.
I hope I was clear, because I don't know, talk or write, the Queen's English.
Peace

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Canslli

In addition, it will make women who are forced to wear the burqa by their idiot husbands prisoners in their own homes. And it will oppress the young French women who choose to wear the burqa.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

This law was drafted and agreed upon well before there was any sign or indication of civil unrest or armed intervention in Libya.

Wearing the Burqa in schools was banned in France in 2004.
In January 2010 an all-party Commission recommended barring entrance and the use of all public services to those wearing Burqa's.
The French National Assembly over whelmingly approved a Bill banning Burqa's and Niqab's in public places between July and September 2010.

en.wikipedia.org...

All well in advance of the current situation in Libya and any attempt to link the two is simply incorrect!

And the unrest in Libya likewise was preplanned and agreed upon well before it ever happened with HB Gary department of defense software to whip it up, funding of rebels we still know nothing about, and targeting Gadaffi and his oil and millions in Gold!

The enforcement of the new law in france was timed to coincide wth this, and I am so sorry but the truth is you really are being played like a fiddle, the government is purposefully driving events through war to create Muslim refugees, letting them enter your nation(s) as refugees, just so they can play on your fears that Islam is taking over and that all Muslims are a threat so you will keep turning a blind eye to or supporting these wars.

There are no coincidences.

Joseph Stalin once said "People are like chickens you can pluck out all their feathers and leave them naked and defenseless and they will scamper about your feet happily for a few grains of corn".

This is your few grains of corn, your government finally fighting back at home against Islam by outlawing the wear of the burka.

So you are happy, progress, corn, mmmmm corn.

That though is the same government who created the Islamic Refugee Crisis by targeting so many civilians in Islamic Countries and the same governmetn who then let them into your country in the first place.

In othe words the government that plucked out all your feathers, who is now feeding you a few grains of the corn you want, so you will feed it a whole lot of support and money to keep stealing Middle Eastern Oil and driving up the price of it in the process to make it the most profitible commodity on earth, to rob dictators of their stolen loot by stealing it themselves.

Think it through because this is what is happening.

edit on 11/4/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I don't know what's happening in the US

Maybe they're sending them the 'nice' muslims ? The educated, peaceful muslims ? Maybe that explains the fact that every time the muslim issue arises in this and other fora, Americans come leaping to the fore in defence of muslims, claiming they're 'peaceful' and great neighbours ? Is that the case ?

If so, smart move by the zionists. They've kept the Americans ignorant of the realities faced by other Westerners. Maybe so Americans won't get their dose of reality until later ...

Whatever the case, the muslims imposed upon Australia and places like Norway and Denmark and France and the UK are predominantly from the middle east, and they're a handful whether they're muslim or Christian. Both abuse their women. Both are misogynistic in attitude. That's Christian middle easterners AND muslims

However, the middle eastern muslims are encouraged -- both male and female -- to practise/accept misogny -- to treat women like dirt, as slaves, as worthless, as expendable and as things to be bred from and to be killed, raped, mutilated etc.

The French and Scandinavian and Australian and other host populations have had their OWN women raped, mutilated, murdered, tortured, victimised, abused. And those traitorous Western governments have lied, have covered-up, have disinformed, misinformed and made it easy for an uncivilized culture (which in this case happens to be muslim) to run roughshod over the host population

For example, in Sydney Australia, two girls were snatched off the street by a gang of muslim youths. The girls were driven to a deserted factory area and repeatedly raped by the muslim youths who called the girls ' Aussie pigs' and 'Skippy' (meaning kangaroos) while they were raping them, sodomising them, forcing them into oral sex and FILMING It all for their watching, madly masturbating buddies who were invited to come and use the girls also

The girls were driven to numerous locations where they were subjected to the same horrors

Afterwards, the muslim youths hosed the girls -- to remove DNA

Then they were dumped, injured, shocked, in pain, in an isolated location as the muslim rapist pigs went laughing on their way

Those girls had the courage -- and they were only young girls -- to report what had happened, even though the muslim rapists had threatened them with death if they did

The Australian government lackies did all they could to cause the case to be dropped

Then they defamed those young girls in court.

Yes, Australian males, in court -- men with wives and daughters and sisters of their own -- took the side of the muslim rapist cowards. Because they didn't want the Australian population to learn about it. Because they didn't want the Australian population to demand an end to muslim migrants. Because they didn't want the Australian population to know what a DANGER muslims are

But those girls had more courage in their little fingers than all the muslim rapists and the muslims who threatened them with death over the phone if they testified. And those girls had more guts than the entire Australian legal fraternity combined. Because they stood up and insisted on testifying, against all advice that they not do so because of what it would do to their reputation and futures

They told it all. And they made sure that all in those court rooms were made aware that the rapes, in addition to being typical muslim female hatred and homosexuality -- were RACIALLY MOTIVATED

Yes. The muslim rapists made it very clear to those girls that they were being raped because they were Australian !

And those disgusting excuses for men were put away

Naturally, the gutless Premier of the State didn't want to offend his muslim masters, as he knew that a muslim voting block against him could cost him office at the next election. At the same time, the Premier knew he had to sound tough for the sake of his Australian voters

So he put those muslim animals in what was described as 'maximum security'. And people believed they were locked in cells and left to consider their foul acts

UNTIL the media reported that those disgusting, racist, violent rapists were living in specially built accomodation. They had mobile phones and could do pretty much as they liked. EVEN CONJUGAL VISITS with their no-pride muslim girlfriends !

So until you've lived it -- until you've had a taste of middle eastern muslims in your streets --- don't presume to judge the opinions of the French or Ausssies or people from other nations who did NOT get the 'nice peaceful Indonesian muslims'

Instead, learn what happens in the UK every day because of violent, arrogant Pakistani muslims. Read how they pimped little English girls not even in their teens. Read how they attack old aged pensioners and run the prostitution and drug rackets, etc.

And then you will not profess to wonder why people expect muslims to shape up or ship out

edit on 11-4-2011 by Dock9 because: spelling corrections

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by Annee

Ok. You're not a mod. That's good, because you don't seem to have the grasp I'd expect of a mod

As to your claim only extremists do these things -- I disagree

I think you need to learn a lot more about muslims. And maybe you need to live alongside them

because it is not extremists who foully abuse their women. It's rank and file muslims. ]

Personal insults?

Dude - - I am 65 years old. You want hear about Women's freedoms in this country? The good old USA?

You want to hear how women fought to have freedoms in this country? Bet you don't. Bet you think its all fine and dandy in this country.

Laws protecting women and women's rights in the good old USA - - - are within the last century. It is only recently in this country an abused wife has legal rights. Because prior to these new laws - - - "it was the woman's fault" for making the man angry.

So don't tell me about women's rights.

Do you know who Mavis Leno is? Do you know how long she has been fighting for Women's freedoms in Afghanistan? Do you know our government rejected her appeals to help these women?

But also - - - to take the American stand that all Muslim women are abused because they cover their bodies is incorrect. They are a very religious people - - and many women respect the religion and why they cover their bodies.

www.womenforafghanwomen.org...

"And, in the two-day conference at City University of New York, Afghan women reminded U.S. feminists that there is more to human rights than removing the veil, or burka, and that U.S. ideas of feminism and freedom cannot and should not be imposed on the women of Afghanistan. American women need to understand that religion is integral to the lives of Muslim women, they said."

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

' Because we created new legislation which prohibits bigamy. BUT ... we included a loophole to favour the muslims.

What is your opinion on why they are accommodating Muslims in this area?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Don't 'dude' me sweetie and play the age game

because I can see you and raise you

Birthday yesterday. Not quite as old as you, but a hell of a lot wiser, obviously

Now, tell me what age has to do with it

Go on

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join