It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Probability of Incredible Coincidence is more common than you think!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hiya,
Apologies if this has been posted before... I haven't seen it and thought this video would be very interesting to most ATS-ers.

I have always been interested in coincidences, or synchronicity as Jung put it, but only recently, when reading Derron Brown's excellent book 'illusions of the mind', did I discover that incredible coincidences are not as improbable as I, and I'm sure many of you, thought.

I saw this video the other day and it covers the same information in a very easy to understand way.

I often read peoples comments (mostly in this and the 911 forum, but also in relation to UFO's, the Japan earthquake, HAARP and more) that an incredible coincidence is beyond the realms of pure chance; those people then think 'conspiracy', without, in my view, having a real understanding of probability.

So this video is dedicated to those who jump at 'conspiracy' thoughts before thinking that an 'incredible' coincidence might have occured. As this video shows, 'incredible', in this context, might turn out to be rather mundane in the great scheme of things.
edit on 11-4-2011 by manmental because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2011 by manmental because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Whoopsies, video fail. Can't wait to see it.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

woopsie indeed.. works now. enjoy.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This topic is related to a topic I just made. What an incredible co-incidence!! Haha.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
What's up with all the cat and dog avatars?? Sure a lot of animal lovers on this site oO...coincidence?
edit on 11-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Did anyone else notice he spelled HELO in the dice?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

I know what you mean

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Great video. I liked their other video on Open-mindedness even more. I even got a new avatar from that video.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I read a great book on this topic years ago. I highly recommend it:

Innumeracy by John Paulos.

Innumeracy

top topics

join