It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaking Hands with Saddam Hussein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
www.gwu.edu...

everone need to read this.

CIA put saddam in the power as well as creating Al-Ghade

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by persian
www.gwu.edu...

everone need to read this.

CIA put saddam in the power as well as creating Al-Ghade

Strange coincidence, I was just reading through that last night.
I'm going through the entire NSA site and reading through all of the documents there and saving offline copies of some in case anyone ever decides to take it down.

BTW, anyone know how much they charge for their microfiche collections?
I would be interested in reading through more than what they have on thier site.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Most of these 'problems' like Al Queda, Sadam, Taliban etc seem to have a past with the CIA.

Its just a coinsidence though, back to bed. ZZzzzzzz

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Most of these 'problems' like Al Queda, Sadam, Taliban etc seem to have a past with the CIA.

Its just a coinsidence though, back to bed. ZZzzzzzz

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The CIA are the personification of Terrorist Group, JFK knew that and look what it got him.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Ya but some people think what CIA do has nothing to do with government. It�s like CIA is in different country and doing its own things.
Any operation that CIA has done been approved by US government. Lets not forget couple of years ago, Bush IQ gave permit ion to CIA to assassin any foreign leader.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by persian
Ya but some people think what CIA do has nothing to do with government. It�s like CIA is in different country and doing its own things.
Any operation that CIA has done been approved by US government. Lets not forget couple of years ago, Bush IQ gave permit ion to CIA to assassin any foreign leader.

Iran Contra??? MOST of the things that the CIA does is done WITHOUT approval from the US government. It's called Plausible Denial!

Secondly, you'll have to provide a definitive link that supports your claim that Bush gave permition to the CIA to assissinate ANY foreign leader... especially since this in DIRECT conflict to international law, the Geneva Accord and UN mandates.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Iran Contra??? MOST of the things that the CIA does is done WITHOUT approval from the US government. It's called Plausible Denial!

Secondly, you'll have to provide a definitive link that supports your claim that Bush gave permition to the CIA to assissinate ANY foreign leader... especially since this in DIRECT conflict to international law, the Geneva Accord and UN mandates.

This is not something secret. I actually heard that in CNN plus It was published in all major US newspapers. And maybe you should get up your lazy a$$ and search for it before criticizing others.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Let's begin by laying off the insults and vulgarity. Such ad hominems are usually indicative of someone who lacks the intellectual capability of formulating a rational argument.

Secondly, I did a Google search on this and found NOTHING!!! Now, I NEVER made the claim that Bush gave such an order (And Yes, I also reviewed a list of ALL of Bush's Executive Orders), you did. Ergo, it is YOUR responsibility to support your claim; NOT mine to debunk it (Although I already have.). I'll stand by while you produce that definitive evidence.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting you should say this because I have this theory on the provided link, and it seems to supprt your theory/claims. Check it out.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I believe persian is referring to the HR 19 "Terrorist Elimination Act of 2001", which makes certain provisions of Executive Order 12333 (11905 & 12036) ineffective.
The prohibition on assassination is 2.11 of executive order 12333.

Terrorist Elimination Act of 2001

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Let's begin by laying off the insults and vulgarity. Such ad hominems are usually indicative of someone who lacks the intellectual capability of formulating a rational argument.

Secondly, I did a Google search on this and found NOTHING!!! Now, I NEVER made the claim that Bush gave such an order (And Yes, I also reviewed a list of ALL of Bush's Executive Orders), you did. Ergo, it is YOUR responsibility to support your claim; NOT mine to debunk it (Although I already have.). I'll stand by while you produce that definitive evidence.

here you go my friend. www.mauitime.com...
www.thirdworldtraveler.com...
us.shop.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Three OpEd pieces... Not very good supporting evidence. Let me break this down for you. Let's start with your statement... "Bush IQ gave permit ion to CIA to assassin any foreign leader." Hmmm... Nope, there is no executive order that affords the CIA to assassinate ANY foreign leader, let alone ANY order given by GWB. Now let's investigate what really happened.

First of all the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES introduced HR 19 IH on January 3, 2001. The Resolution was introduced by Mr. Barr of Georgia to the 107th US Congress during the 1st session which was then referred to the Commitee of International Relations. The impetus behind the Bill was to repeal only CERTAIN aspects of previous exeutive orders regarding the assissination of individuals, namely Section 5(g) of Executive Order 11905, Section 2-305 of Executive Order 12036, and Section 2.11 of Executive Order 12333. The idea was to allow our intelligence and defense communities to be able to respond quickly to terrorist threats against the United States. Under the previoulsy written executive orders, the assassination of ANY foreign national was illegal... this would have included the likes of Bin Laden.

Now for clarification, here are the definitions of the previous sections in question:

Section 5(g) of Executive Order 11905: Prohibition of Assassination. No employee of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, political assassination.

Section 2-305 of Executive Order 12036: Prohibition on Assassination. No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in,
assassination.

Section 2.11 of Executive Order 12333: Prohibition on Assassination. No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, assassination.

That being said, International Law and OTHER provisions contained in Executive Orders prohibit the assassination of foreign leaders, UNLESS, as defined by Congress in HR 19 IH...

SEC. 2. FINDINGS.

Congress finds that--

(1) past Presidents have issued Executive orders which severely limit the use of the military when dealing with potential threats against the United States of America;

(2) these Executive orders limit the swift, sure, and precise action needed by the United States to protect our national security;

(3) present strategy allows the military forces to bomb large targets hoping to eliminate a terrorist leader, but prevents our country from designing a limited action which would specifically accomplish that purpose;

(4) on several occasions the military has been ordered to use a military strike hoping, in most cases unsuccessfully, to remove a terrorist leader who has committed crimes against the United State;

(5) as the threat from terrorism grows, America must continue to investigate effective ways to combat the menace posed by those who would murder American citizens simply to make a political point; and

(6) actions by the United States Government to remove such persons is a remedy which should be used sparingly and considered only after all other reasonable options have failed or are not available; however, this is an option our country must maintain for cases in which international threats cannot be eliminated by other means.

That being said, the other provisions still maintain their legal status in both the United States and International Law. For a better understanding on said limitations review the following as it applies to assasinations:

www.ksg.harvard.edu...

So you see, Bush never introduced ANY Executive Orders allowing the CIA to assassinate ANYONE, let alone foreign leaders. Secondly, the Bill was introduced to the House of Representives by Mr. Barr, NOT President Bush. So, there you have it... You were wrong!

For additional reading and research please visit:

thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.19.IH:

top topics

join