It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Foriegn Minister Lieberman to be Indicted!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

This is bigger news then it seems. This guy has been an embarrassment to the Israeli government from day one. The indictment is for money laundering and if convicted he could get ten years in prison. His FM portfolio will likely go to the number two guy in his party but it could also lead to new elections where Netanyahu may not fare well. One thing about Israel, they do not tolerate even the smallest crime done by their leaders. Former President Katsov has recently been convicted of rape and former PM Omert is currently under indictment for a variety of white collar crimes. I have continually critized Israels government but NO ONE can criticize their justice system when it comes to corrupt polititians. Let the world take a lesson from this.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
www.haaretz.com...

This is bigger news then it seems. This guy has been an embarrassment to the Israeli government from day one. The indictment is for money laundering and if convicted he could get ten years in prison. His FM portfolio will likely go to the number two guy in his party but it could also lead to new elections where Netanyahu may not fare well. One thing about Israel, they do not tolerate even the smallest crime done by their leaders. Former President Katsov has recently been convicted of rape and former PM Omert is currently under indictment for a variety of white collar crimes. I have continually critized Israels government but NO ONE can criticize their justice system when it comes to corrupt polititians. Let the world take a lesson from this.

Maybe they just want to keep Netanyahu in power??? You know...the obedient NWO puppet...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I have a feeling that if Lieberman goes down, he will take a few others down with him. He is a snake, and I am confident he does not follow any codes of silence. He will snitch his butt off as much as he can in the hopes to lessen his punishment. This should be interesting. I wonder how much dirt he has on the rest of them. Things may look much different in that government very shortly. I love it when the Zionists throw "each other under the bus". It shows how cowardly they really are.

Thanks for posting star and flag

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Here's where I have an honest disconnect, and maybe some of you can help me understand. I like to read up on things and do not always agree with certain policies or statements made by the leaders of various countries, including some leaders in Israel. If I were to criticize this guy, as I once did, I would find, and indeed have found myself at the receiving end of accusations of antisemitism that were followed by personal contact (which I won't get into here).

Hear me out please. There was a conference in Ottawa-Hull Last summer wherein the Israelis pushed for the Canadian government to make it a crime for anyone to criticize the Israeli government. The resolution did not pass into law yet, thank goodness, but for what it's worth there has been a noticeable increase of tiptoeing around Israeli news subjects in Canadian MSM. So what is the connection I am missing here? Why all the effort to silence people? Is this thread informing me that only people who reside in Israel can criticize something their leaders do or say?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I think you may be right. Lieberman certainly knows where the skeletons are buried which is perhaps why he is able to defy Netanyahu at will. I'm with you, it will be interresting especially if The PM grants him a pardon.
edit on 11-4-2011 by gem_man because: spelling

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Here's where I have an honest disconnect, and maybe some of you can help me understand. I like to read up on things and do not always agree with certain policies or statements made by the leaders of various countries, including some leaders in Israel. If I were to criticize this guy, as I once did, I would find, and indeed have found myself at the receiving end of accusations of antisemitism that were followed by personal contact (which I won't get into here). Hear me out please. There was a conference in Ottawa-Hull Last summer wherein the Israelis pushed for the Canadian government to make it a crime for anyone to criticize the Israeli government. The resolution did not pass into law yet, thank goodness, but for what it's worth there has been a noticeable increase of tiptoeing around Israeli news subjects in Canadian MSM. So what is the connection I am missing here? Why all the effort to silence people? Is this thread informing me that only people who reside in Israel can criticize something their leaders do or say?

The anti-semite card is one of the only tools in their arsenal, it shows how desperate they really are. There is a huge difference between being anti-semite and anti-zionist. The zionists will try to uphold this illusion with all their might, but are clearly failing. My best advice is to laugh in the face of those who accuse you of being anti-semite for criticizing a corrupt Israeli politician.

I am well aware of that conference you mentioned. It made my blood boil. Harper and his cronies have Israel's arms shoved so far up their butts that I am almost embarrassed to be Canadian. I will never tip-toe around when it comes to this topic. I live in Canada and even if it becomes a crime to criticize Israeli actions, I will still do it. I fear no evil.

Follow your heart and do what you feel is right. Our elected officials do not speak on our behalf, and most people know this. Let the scared zionists shake in their boots. I'm sick of being called anti semite. I am far from that, one of my best friends is Jewish, but that is not even relevant. They try to associate semitism with zionism. They are two completely different things.

I am glad to see more Canadians are noticing this as well.

ETA: Sorry for the rant folks but this is how I feel.
edit on 11-4-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: rant

new topics

top topics

join