7.1 earthquake in Japan NOW... Tsunami warning! Fukushima power plant problem solved!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
did anyone else see that huge flash in live feed?

link   
reply to post by RickyD

I think they may be the crumbling volcano vents underneath Japan, each quake would be a collapse of one of them. Eventually it'll all give out.

I also don't think these "after shocks" are normal in any way. I did some research on this subject and about 9 days after the 9.0 hit in Japan I posted an.. article of sorts.. where I mentioned the aftershock comparison to some of the other quakes we've had. Since I'm kinda tired, I'll just be copy-pasting most of the data I've gathered:

To put things in perspective; on January 12, 2010 in Haiti - the 7.0 Mw quake caused only 52 aftershocks over a 12 day span: en.wikipedia.org...

Again, the Chilean quake that happened last year on February 27, 2010 was a massive 8.8 Mw quake that only had 130 aftershocks over a period of 7 days after the main quake hit, while Japan had over 500 after it's first week - and another several dozen over the last couple of days, again - up to 648 as of this writing: en.wikipedia.org...

Although these were large quakes, they weren't as powerful as the Japan 9.0 Mw and so, obviously, they wouldn't have nearly as many aftershocks as Japan had, right?

Let's take a final look at the Sumatra 9.3 Mw Earthquake that happened on December 12, 2004.

If you want to view the following source
ownload to the PDF file.

On Page 11 of that PDF, listed as " Cruise Proposal Summary", beneath the "1.2.1 Introduction" heading; second Paragraph reads as follows:

" In June 2005, there have been more than 1000 aftershocks with magnitude greater than 5, which are decreasing with time. [...] For a very large earthquake, it is expected that the aftershocks will last for significantly about a year or so."

The Earthquake occurred on December 12, 2004 and this report listed it more than 1000 aftershocks by June 2005, over a 6 month time period. The Japan aftershocks, which have a magnitude of 5.0 or greater (over 320), have happened over a period of 9 days.

So, yes. There are a lot of 'aftershocks'.

link   
reply to post by RickyD

they might not be aftershocks, they may very well be seperate events. it just dosen't change the fact that any and all activity of this matter is completely natural. japan is one of the most seismically active spots on the planet.

just seems to me that since the quake every single blip around the planet is getting over-scrutinized. which is fine, but certain people like to dredge up the fear train when it happens.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tzavros
The people say it is still shaking there. Is this normal?

Fairly normal. The P-Waves is the initial energy release from the quake with the S-Waves being reverberating Waves that aren't transitionary but Stationary energy that get trapped in the local topography. Just like ripples in a pond that rebound off rocks and collide, interact with each other, this same process happens with groundrocks and is the most damaging process of a Earthquake rather than the passing P-Wave itself.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

I agree that we are looking more so we will find more. BUT two 7.0s in less then a week is not normal

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Because of Japan's buildings they are able to 'survive' these earthquakes (exclude the nuclear plants out of that because of the damage done already), but if it was any other country it would be uninhabitable

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Power back on at plant and weater is enjecting for cooling again. Phhhhewwwwww

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This is a better view,

iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Reply to post by wingsfan

and some just like to rain on the parade

"nothing to see here, move along, this is totally normal"

since the quake? wich one? chile, haiti, etc?

where have you been hiding the last year or so? no one is saying this is not natural, we are just saying we have stepped up a notch from the seismic activity we were used to.

like some other poster mentioned, mag 7 is common now, some of us still remember when they werent.

so when a quake hits you just do nothing, its totally natural.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Now USGS is saying it was a 6.6 Thats a bit different from a 7.1

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pleasetryagain

If it was on a tower cam, it was probably a transformer, or powerlines.

Or it could be the aliens

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

They're often changed after more data becomes available.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pleasetryagain

No, could you please describe it and where and when it was? Thank you.
edit on 11-4-2011 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
Now USGS is saying it was a 6.6 Thats a bit different from a 7.1

They really should stop acting like the worlds seismological agency and co-operate with the Japanese data. Don't they think the worlds experts in Seismology & Volcanology will be wrong about the magnitude of this, Thumbs down (yet again) for the USGS from me
God knows they got Parkfield and St.Helens completely wrong in the past.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pleasetryagain

I saw it.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

it was on the live feed like on some camera on top of a building there was a huge flash in front and behind it looked like then the switched views i haven't seen that view since happened about 20 minutes ago
im ruling out thunder or lightning because when some asked someone else from japan about it he said there was none just windy and raining

theres a side bar like a facebook app where people are talking on the live feed page
wwitv.com...
edit on 11-4-2011 by pleasetryagain because: i like turtles

they just showed video of the flashes from last time..people on here were talking about..the news station was saying it was transformers seemed pretty high up then dropped to the ground to be a transformer
edit on 11-4-2011 by pleasetryagain because: you guessed it turtles
edit on 11-4-2011 by pleasetryagain because: turtles and stuff

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
"Power at Fukushima Daiichi recovered, and pumping of water at reactors 1-3 resumes. Roughly 50 min interruption."

my friend just told me this 2 mins ago from tokyo.

fwiw.

twitter.com...#

this too.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Did not phage set the record straight? He said there is NO causative relationship between the sun and quakes.

It would seem that an injection of entropy (a wave or bombing) would settle the multiple reactor mishap. Maybe if another wave hits the media will remember that the world has been poisoned by safe, clean, nuclear energy.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pleasetryagain

Hi the flashing light report has a still photo on yahoo.com news also on yahoo news uk article 'mysterious light spotted during Japan earthquake' shows what you have seen .

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by trilogy111

that was old what i saw and few other people here was like 45 minutes ago

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join