It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home made Wind Turbine: Are you handy enough to build one yourself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
There are compete parts lists, and assembly instructions here:
www.applied-sciences.net...

It's called the Zoetrope, an open source wind turbine.
It looks like it would take some patience, and some time. Perhaps worth a try?
Take a look!!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Sounds really cool, thanks for the info.

've been looking for some different types of wind turbines to do a power structure. Will think about this one

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
There are many other wind and water turbine designs out there. Check you tube for example. Permanent magnet designs are best imo.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Do they go into detail like this one?
Perhaps a link?
There are a few models on the market that are a little smaller, but I'd like to try to build something myself.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Downloading now. I like to build things and will attempt this. Will keep everyone updated after i start. S&F for alternate energy.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I second the S&F for Alternative energy. I want to build my own house and eventually install a wind turbine to self-power it and stay off the grid.

Interesting design, larger models that I've seen run around $5,000 for standard 3-fin wind turbines.

Nice find.

King

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This type of vawt is limited by its design to relatively slow rpm as you scale it up which will equate to difficulty in generating large amounts of electricity. The (also creative commons) "Lenz2" vawt design will spin faster with more force and likely produce more (electrical) energy because it relies upon "lift" as well as "drag" to create rotation.

Google: LENZ2 VAWT

I tinker,

Sri Oracle

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

If you want to make your own ,look up blades made from PVC drain pipes ,I made four blades from one 200 mm diameter length and it doesnt take long or cost much.You can design your own profile depending on which generator you are planning to use .All you need is a fine wood saw ,a piece of pipe ,a ruler and pencil.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-4-2011 by 12voltz because: of the ringing in my ears

new topics

top topics

join