It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China raps US meddling

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
"China has called on the United States to stop interfering in the internal affairs of other countries under the pretext of human rights issues."
www.presstv.ir...

China is angry at US for rightful reasons, as US continually produces annual reports on human rights criticizing nations around the world, "in more than 190 countries, but turns a blind eye to its own human rights situation".
news.xinhuanet.com...

The Chinese politician gives Afghanistan and Iraq as an example of Human Rights violations by US, saying that US should focus on its own human rights violations before using the same term to intervene in the internal affairs of other nations.

Last year China produced its own report on US human rights record. The report reviewed the human rights record in US from 6 perspective "life, property and personal security; civil and political rights; economic, social and cultural rights; racial discrimination; rights of women and children; and the US' violation of human rights against other countries".
www.chinadaily.com.cn...

edit on 11-4-2011 by P3ACE0WAR because: mistake

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
....and this is coming from a Country we owe a sh&@ ton of money!

This could become quite interesting in the near future.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rinowilli

I don't even know why China is giving US loans, in the end China will be in the mercy of US, rather than US being in the Mercy of China.

If conflict erupts US will refuse to pay China back, and US is 6X more powerful than China militarily, at least considering US defense budget. Strategically I don't know, US has 100X more bases than China.

I'm still confused in to why China is lending US money, it just boggles my mind.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

Very interesting comments coming out of China over the past few months. Although they have always been critical of the US but at the same time needing to work together economically, lately they have been voicing there opinions very loudly.

The other day a thread was started about how to wage war on the US ( A Superpower ), i didnt bother posting as it seemed a pointless thread but i have thought about it a little - a good start would be to cause economic collapse first.

Debt is good place to start.....

* Takes Tinfoil hat off *
thats my little rant......

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Well let's see China

life
Compulsory abortion is not something practiced in the US.

property

Coming from commies this is awfully cute

personal security

We have a RIGHT to self defense and the right to use firearms and your country has???

civil and political rights

Only one party in power in China...Who the F do these people think they are?

economic social and cultural rights

More so than any other nation on Earth. Sure, we have a few problems here and there, but unlike the Chinese we don't try to sweep them under the rug.

racial discrimination

Not nearly as much as people make it out to be.

rights of women and children

Hah! In a country where women are valued less than males for their military capability and in the land of compulsory abortion...Yeah, ok.

While I agree that the US doesn't need to be meddling in the internal affairs of other countries, this kind of criticism coming from China is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I must admit they have a few points correct, Don't discount what they are saying because they are breaking the same rules
the word Hypocrite is in the dictionary for a reason

However I did LOL when i read :

WORKERS' RIGHTS NOT PROPERLY GUARANTEED

They have the best sweatshops in the world

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I guess it depends how you look at it China lending money, or really they are buying debt through treasury bonds( same thing really ) Although it seems of late they are trying to trim some of the debt to mitigate risk.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f13e5f35826.jpg[/atsimg]

Analysis: What is Plan B if China dumps its U.S. debt?

With Chinese President Hu Jintao due to arrive in Washington on Tuesday, it is worth asking about U.S. officials' Plan B just in case one day relations take a surprise turn for the worse and Beijing dumps its holdings of U.S. treasuries.

China is officially the United States' biggest foreign creditor, with roughly $900 billion in Treasury holdings -- or over $1 trillion with Hong Kong's holdings included.

That means it could do severe damage to U.S. debt markets if it suddenly started selling large amounts.

Most experts say if there were signs of this happening, the U.S. government would go for a combination of persuading Americans to buy more U.S. debt, the same way they did in World War II, and finding friendly foreign governments to make additional purchases.

Full Story - Reuters

China has massive leverage of the US economic system but at the same it is a very risky game......

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I'm still confused in to why China is lending US money, it just boggles my mind.

...that makes two of us!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR

I don't even know why China is giving US loans, in the end China will be in the mercy of US, rather than US being in the Mercy of China.

If conflict erupts US will refuse to pay China back, and US is 6X more powerful than China militarily, at least considering US defense budget. Strategically I don't know, US has 100X more bases than China.

6x times more powerful than China? I think your dreaming there mate. If they did happen to go to war, you really think they would walk over China? I don't think so..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

...that makes two of us!

C'mon folks, u guys are smarter than this.

The Bank of China (BOC) is NOT lending us money.
They are only the middle man in the money laundering
loans to the US.

The BOC is privately owned by stockholders just like
any other bank. And those stockholders are British (Rothschilds),
Scottish and Swiss bankers.

It's not Chinese money were getting. Actually the
Chinese Gov has no say in the matter.

Total assets for BOC in 2009 was only $1.28 Trillion.
How can BOC prop up the US for $14T when their
assets only go to $1.28T ???

The elites (TPTB) are propping up the US
and they can crash it when they want to.
So you better be good boys and girls and
join their NWO financial system or they
will take away your toys and put you
in time out.

Remember how the Ponzi scheme works !!!
There will be a pop quiz later

lol
edit on 4/11/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

It is not about walking over China, I was referring to the depth China is buying from US. If US refuses to pay back the depth there is only two options:
1. Go to war (which is not beneficial in any way).
2. Severe relations which once again is not beneficial.

In the above sense, US has the upper hand, that's why I asked "why would China buy US depths?".

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

makes since....been a long night of work.....can it be an open notes quiz?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rinowilli

It's not just China, Japan is second to China and coming in third is the UK as creditors to the US.

i'm not an expert on why the debt is there but i hope this help:

Political-Analysis.org

The culprit is the chronic trade deficit, which has been running at almost 6 percent of G.D.P., a level ­unprecedented in our history. To pay for the difference between our import bill and our export revenue, we have to borrow from abroad. Most countries with compa­rable trade deficits meet a predictable fate: Investor confidence ebbs, capital flees, the currency crumbles, the central bank is forced to raise interest rates, firms and consumers retrench, and the economy goes into a recession.

Nothing like this has happened in the U.S.—at least not yet—largely because we have been able to withdraw cash from what is effectively a giant A.T.M. stocked by the Chinese government, the Japanese government, and other generous lenders. In return, we have been handing out IOUs, mostly in the form of Treasury bonds. On June 30, 2006, China owned about $680 billion worth of bonds issued or backed by the U.S., and Japan owned about $800 billion. (These are conservative figures from the Treasury Department. Many analysts believe the real numbers are much higher.) Other big holders of U.S. debt include Russia and Saudi Arabia, which are both flush with oil revenue. But even countries such as Brazil, India, and Thailand have been lending us sub­stantial amounts of money. It is im­possible to say precisely what would happen to the U.S. economy if it weren’t benefiting from the largesse of central bankers bearing yen, renminbi, won, rubles, and riyal. It is pretty certain, though, that mortgage rates would be appreciably higher.

If you look at the trends, since the Bush/Regan administrations the dept has gone up while the Rebuplican party held office and then while in office the Democrats tried to reduce debt or improved the GDP. It all comes down to each parties economic and monetary policies.

We have the same debate here in Australia when it comes to Labour Vs Liberal and budget surplus vs deficeit.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afa6752b248b.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5c35f9cedce.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 11-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Iran's response to the annual US human rights report:

“Human rights has become an excuse [for you] to hammer the governments which are opposed to your policies while you yourselves do not respect it (human rights),” said Chairman of the Iranian Assembly of Experts Ayatollah Mohammad-Reza Mahdavi Kani in an interview with IRNA, addressing American officials who claim to be advocates of human rights."
www.presstv.ir...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by boondock-saint

Can u give me more proof that british stockholder own boc? I think u are bsing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeBoss

I think he had his tinfoil hat whilst typing that reply

Although i always say.... you never know!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeBoss
Reply to post by boondock-saint

Can u give me more proof that british stockholder own boc? I think u are bsing.

lol, no probs

most folks think I talk gibberish anyways, lol

Actually it was around the BOC restructure of 2005
when BOC took on outside expansion interest
investments.

In the runup to the IPO, BOC solicited long term investors to take strategic stakes in the company. In October 2005, the Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC announced a $3.1 billion investment which would give the British bank control of just under 10 percent stake in the Bank of China. Further investments were made by Swiss bank UBS AG, and by Temasek Holdings Pte. Ltd, who also promised to subscribe for an additional $500 million worth of shares during Bank of China's initial public offering.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 4/11/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by MikeBoss

I think he had his tinfoil hat whilst typing that reply

Although i always say.... you never know!

yep, u never know

2nd

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
China raps US meddling, huh ?

Well that's great and about time

Now, China needs to deliver its message to the organ-grinder -- Israel -- instead of muttering to the US-Monkeys

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I couldnt work out whether you meant it in the same context as i did you whether you mean that literally??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join