It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Monitoring Hardware/Software

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Hey all. I hope I am putting this in the right place. If not, Mods please move this for me! Anyways, I am trying to find some information on weather technology. I want to know the best hardware and software for tracking storm movements in the area.

I would like something that talks with other doppler and weather stations in the area, as well as across the US. Price isn't incredibly important but cheaper with the same performance is welcome. I realize I am asking for something that only pros in the industry have, but being an amatuer meteorologist, I am ready for an upgrade. I have a powerful pc at home so software is easy but I don't have a huge plot of land so hardware is going to be more difficult.

Any info on this subject is most appreciated. I am tired of being limited to maps I found on the internet. I would really like something that is real time updating. If I need to build my own doppler to get what I want, don't be scared to tell me. Eventually I will be building a house out on a decent amount of land if all goes to plan so hardware can come later. Thanks everyone!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'm not sure what you want is really an option.

I'm sure the professional software is out there, but you'd probably be stuck analyzing data already available.

I know that most TV stations get their 'live' radar maps via data straight from the NWS, meaning that they're running software to turn that data into the maps they display for the news...
edit on 11-4-2011 by AndyMack because: Misread OP

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
If you really want to pursue the live radar data, take a look at these links:

www.nws.noaa.gov...

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

new topics

join