It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uranium detected on entire West Coast!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted in a thread or not. Did a quik search nothing came up with this title above. Here's a pdf, it don't look good.
Dutch Harbor Alaska readings of 2.42 (pCi/m3) Iodine 131
Anaheim California 0.87 (pCi/m3) Iodine 131 U-234 0.000044 pCi/m3

Check out the rest for yourselves
www.epa.gov...

No amount of exposure radiation is good.
edit on 11-4-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 11/4/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Were can you compair it to the previous year. These numbers really don't mean anything

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

From first glance it does look bad.

I would like to see what previous weeks looked like first before making too many conclusions.

Good find.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Were can you compair it to the previous year. These numbers really don't mean anything

This may be of some help show exposure limits.
www.ndt-ed.org...

orise.orau.gov...

I,m not an expert, just want to put information out there. No amount to exposure is good over long periods of time, and it's not only one type that we are being exposed to. So here's the info.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Its normal to pick up some trace amounts of air bourne radiation, its released from open cut mines as one example.
the real question is what is the base line before the reactor failed .. i see most of the data says no nuclei was detected in most samples, iodine being the one that is most prevalent with some uranium.
from wikipedia, in relation to the Fukushima incident

testing in the United States found 0.8 pico-curies per liter of iodine-131 in a milk sample, but the radiation levels were 5,000 times lower than the FDA's "defined intervention level." The levels were expected to drop relatively quickly [12]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amperage

From first glance it does look bad.

I would like to see what previous weeks looked like first before making too many conclusions.

Good find.

Guys and gals you got to help in looking and searching for information, the more people looking the better it is to find out. Think of it as looking for a missing person, the more people the better chance of finding that person but in this case its info on radiation, I don't know what else to say.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
Its normal to pick up some trace amounts of air bourne radiation, its released from open cut mines as one example.
the real question is what is the base line before the reactor failed .. i see most of the data says no nuclei was detected in most samples, iodine being the one that is most prevalent with some uranium.
from wikipedia, in relation to the Fukushima incident

testing in the United States found 0.8 pico-curies per liter of iodine-131 in a milk sample, but the radiation levels were 5,000 times lower than the FDA's "defined intervention level." The levels were expected to drop relatively quickly [12]

en.wikipedia.org...

Don't take any info for granted, and don't believe everything you read including my info, search for yourself every where that you can. It might mean we will all have to invest in some equipment to find out real truth.
There's a nuclear catastrophe going on in Japan, I don't think this is to be taken lightly.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Here's a chart, not sure if this can be helpful.

www.informationisbeautiful.net...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
From,
www.godlikeproductions.com...
The EPA is not your friend....

FALLOUT EPA Plans to Reduce Cleanup of Nuclear Fallout Now “No rest for the wicked!" Says EPA Employee With a Smile by Michael Kane (Special to CollapseNet) © Copyright 2011 CollapseNetwork, Inc. (Please Distribute Widely) [Long time readers will remember Michael Kane from his years of writing for From The Wilderness where he proved himself a fearless investigative journalist. Michael also contributed a chapter to my book “Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil. It’s nice to see him in the field again. – MCR] March 24, 2011, 12:30 EDT, NEW YORK CITY– In the wake of the continuing nuclear tragedy in Japan, the United States government is still moving quickly to increase the amounts of radiation the population can “safely” absorb by raising the safe zone for exposure to levels designed to protect the government and nuclear industry more than human life. It’s all about cutting costs now as the infinite-growth paradigm sputters and moves towards extinction. As has been demonstrated by government conduct in the Gulf of Mexico in the wake of Deepwater Horizon and in Japan, life has taken a back seat to cost-cutting and public relations posturing. The game plan now appears to be to protect government and the nuclear industry from “excessive costs”… at any cost.

www.collapsenet.com...

“Nuclear advocates deride and dismiss public ignorance about radionuclides like, for example, the noble gases. Nuclear advocates frequently state that both xenon and krypton decay and disappear in a matter of seconds or minutes. What they don’t tell us is that these isotopes decay into daughter isotopes that are extremely deadly emitters. Many credible physicians, scientists and other nuclear experts — free of the self-interests of nuclear profits, academic sponsorship or career advancement — have outlined the absence of epidemiological studies of certain radionuclides emitted or flushed at nuclear reactors. Dr. Helen Caldicott has elaborated the detrimental health effects of the noble gases xenon (Xe) and krypton (Kr), and she notes that these have appearance hundreds of miles from reactors believed to have emitted them.www.simmeringhope.com...

Nuclear stupidity No. 1: the Fukushima reactor buildings are square (not circular) and had to absorb the force of the tsunami wave straight on. Stupidity No. 2: six reactors clustered too close together. Stupidity No. 3: no shoreline protection against a tsunami. Stupidity No. 4: reactors sited on earthquake faults. Stupidity No. 5: assumptions and calculations proving that the reactor, prior to its construction, could withstand anything that nature threw at it. Stupidity No. 6: it didn’t begin in Japan: the industry, with all its corruptions, false assumptions and technological hubris, was born in secrecy in the United States of America. Stupidity No. 125: spent fuel pools are packed too tightly, as is well-established by industry documents, for economic reasons, discarding safety concerns. Stupidity No. 458: the Spent Fuel Pools at Fukushima are suspended up high inside the reactor buildings secondary containment — the same buildings whose roofs are blowing off! Are we to believe that the massive explosions that were captured on film, and others that were not, did not damage these elevated time bombs?
www.simmeringhope.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Here's more on exposure to uranium

www.wise-uranium.org...

This is an article on depleted uranium, just for information purposes to give the scope of what we are dealing with when it comes to mans tinkering with radiation. Readers discretion advised, quite disturbing information.
www.opednews.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

"The levels were expected to drop relatively quickly"

For anyone to make a statement like that shows a serious lack of intelligence, or they are lying.

Radiation is cumulative meaning once it is absorbed by anything the level never goes down; it continues to increase. Any level of radiation can eventually become lethal.

When the level effecting something reaches a particular level, dna damage begins to occur; molecular structures begin to change, and nervous systems begin to slow down...eventually death occurs when a certain point is reached.

Right now in the southwestern US, many insects are already overwhelmed because they lack the necessary iodine in their systems to survive the levels already reached, and large numbers of them have already died. This began occurring approximately 72 hours ago.

The radiation levels in the United States have been monitored constantly by an independent network of volunteer stations, and levels have been steadily rising.

There are some dips at times, then they rise again. That is normal. But these readings are hourly; each hour everything absorbs so much, the next hour so much, and so on.

Here is the site which is self updating: www.radiationnetwork.com...

The location which has been consistently highest since the release of radioactivity has been Denver, and just north of there.

Don't expect to watch readings from the FDA that are accurate (they could be) but the FDA has been caught lying about several things lately including the right to grow certain unmodified crops; which they are being sued for in federal court.

It has been shown that they now feel they are above the law of being truthful to the people who they represent, so I would take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Just like Tokyo Electric initially were telling everyone, everything will be alright-they knew that was a lie, but it was the company line.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

It says that they are trace levels and are not above what would be seen at any other time. I would like to see the same charts but with a more recent date, those charts are all from March.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Communicater

"The levels were expected to drop relatively quickly"

For anyone to make a statement like that shows a serious lack of intelligence, or they are lying.

Radiation is cumulative meaning once it is absorbed by anything the level never goes down; it continues to increase. Any level of radiation can eventually become lethal.

When the level effecting something reaches a particular level, dna damage begins to occur; molecular structures begin to change, and nervous systems begin to slow down...eventually death occurs when a certain point is reached.

Right now in the southwestern US, many insects are already overwhelmed because they lack the necessary iodine in their systems to survive the levels already reached, and large numbers of them have already died. This began occurring approximately 72 hours ago.

The radiation levels in the United States have been monitored constantly by an independent network of volunteer stations, and levels have been steadily rising.

There are some dips at times, then they rise again. That is normal. But these readings are hourly; each hour everything absorbs so much, the next hour so much, and so on.

Here is the site which is self updating: www.radiationnetwork.com...

The location which has been consistently highest since the release of radioactivity has been Denver, and just north of there.

Don't expect to watch readings from the FDA that are accurate (they could be) but the FDA has been caught lying about several things lately including the right to grow certain unmodified crops; which they are being sued for in federal court.

It has been shown that they now feel they are above the law of being truthful to the people who they represent, so I would take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Just like Tokyo Electric initially were telling everyone, everything will be alright-they knew that was a lie, but it was the company line.

Thanks Communicater that's helpful. And we can't trust the EPA or FDA and or any other government branch for that matter, we have to rely on each other, the public.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

It says that they are trace levels and are not above what would be seen at any other time. I would like to see the same charts but with a more recent date, those charts are all from March.

And the radiation leakage hasn't gotten any better either from Japan. So I had noticed that too about the report being from March, but the problem in Japan is only getting worse not better. I'd have to say if I could find another report and if they are telling the truth, I think it will be worse not better.

I haven't given up looking for more info. If I find anything helpful I will post it. In the mean time if anyone can find something good please post it here.

This is a gov. site don't know how reliable.
sti.srs.gov...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

The one man who has been honest throughout this situation at Fukushima Dai'ichi is Arnie Gunderson of Fairewinds Associates. Arnie is a nuclear analyst...his company advises nuclear companies on strategies.
But most of his recent videos on youtube have been blocked from view by transparencies, because the nuclear industry does not want his accurate analysis out to the public anywhere in the world.

This is the latest one I could find from him yesterday...he is being interviewed audio only, with pictures.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

The one man who has been honest throughout this situation at Fukushima Dai'ichi is Arnie Gunderson of Fairewinds Associates. Arnie is a nuclear analyst...his company advises nuclear companies on strategies.
But most of his recent videos on youtube have been blocked from view by transparencies, because the nuclear industry does not want his accurate analysis out to the public anywhere in the world.

This is the latest one I could find from him yesterday...he is being interviewed audio only, with pictures.
www.youtube.com...

Yes I've watched one of his reports, and your right, I've been looking for other sources and either they are not straight forward, or they just don't exist. Even Green Peace, all they got is what's happening over in Japan, unless I missed it I couldn't find anything about the west coast in North America on their site.

Here's www.fairewinds.com... with videos from Vimeo

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

dude, this is not good news.
If the radiation kills all the Bees,
there will be no crops in America
for 2011.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The reference to insects was by my own personal observations locally; it may be occurring to a greater or lesser extent in other areas.

I merely wanted people to be aware that it had been seen in at least one location.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Dutch Harbor Alaska readings of 2.42 (pCi/m3) Iodine 131

is 3pCi/m3 the harmful level? thats getting dangerously close

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Plenty of frickin mosquitoes and flies and bees and wasps and beetles and ants and ladybugs around here, that is for sure! North Ga.

top topics

join