It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old school rap and hip hop thread. No new crap!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

edit on 11-4-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Any thread that talks about Old School Rap, and doesn't mention, or pay homage/tribute to Krush Groove in the first few posts or at least the first page, is severely lacking.

edit on 4/11/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Tupac Shakur rest in piece. We love you and miss you.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Two of my favorites

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

This should do it for ya.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Good thread and I love my old skool. But.

I don't agree with you about hiphop being on a steady decline or "dead". People think just because Nas said so, that makes it true. And this may be the case with most of the mainstream; However, hiphop lives on in the underground, and I feel the culture is as strong as ever. So whenever somebody says hiphop is dead, I want to slap them in the face and direct them towards the real #. I'm going to make a thread for that right now actually.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

I don't agree with you about hiphop being on a steady decline or "dead". People think just because Nas said so, that makes it true. And this may be the case with most of the mainstream; However, hiphop lives on in the underground, and I feel the culture is as strong as ever. So whenever somebody says hiphop is dead, I want to slap them in the face and direct them towards the real #. I'm going to make a thread for that right now actually.

I never said that it was dead but the industry has done a good job of making music more shallow then it was back then. As times change so do peoples perspective.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

I agree, REAL hip-hop is more alive then its been in a while. When i say REAL i mean REAL. Not industry crap, or any thing that was played on MTV. But hip-hop. We even have a main stream underground for hip-hop. If you do know the industry then you know that any one that is sighed is not to be trusted or supported because they are supporting greed and the rituals. They are supporting our enslavement. Including NAS and KRS-1

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

edit on 11-4-2011 by AOA2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Damn so much wack ass #, here is a dope list of real hip hop no NWA wack #. West coast hip hop is horrible. Tupac and Ice T are both from east coast.

Akbar- Big Bang Boogie
Cappadonna- The Pillage
Chubb Rock
Anything Chuck D
Dana Dane fools
Deja Vu
Digedi Das EFX
Del Funky
Pete rock
Digable PLANETS people
Dream Warriors
Non Phixion
Funkdoobiest
Hard to obtain
School of Hard Knocks
Innersoul
The Jaz
Jeru The Damaja
Jungle Brothers
KMD
Kool G Rap
Souls Of Mischief 93 til infinity #ing classic #
Maestro Fresh Wes is da #
Main Source
MC Thick classic
O.C. Word..Life
Organized Konfusion
Poor Righteous Teachers
Raw Breed
Scientifik
Fuking Slick Rick you basterds
Special ed
Stesasonic
Sons of man
Tim Dog
A tribe called Quest
Urban Thermo Dynamics- Mos Def and His brother and Sister this album is tight
X clan
YB
YZ
3rd Bass

All classics so you dont have to listen to Dre's gay ass or Eminem or some #.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
He got game!

edit on 11-4-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
scarface = true ghetto
"you either working or selling coc aine on my block"

i dont now how to embed heres my two cents
Bushwick Bill "Ever So Clear"
www.youtube.com...
on my block-scarface
www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-4-2011 by pleasetryagain because: the dude under me with biz was a good call

edit on 11-4-2011 by pleasetryagain because: yeyeyeye

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Can't forget about the one and only classic!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Every time I hear this song I feel like smashing something with a blunt instrument.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Damm, badass thread idea. S&F OP

Check my contrib.

The What - ft Biggie and Method Man. Biggie best - flow in hip hop teaming up with method man - best rapping voice in hip hop (in my humble opinion)

I saw Method Man and Redman in London last year. Not sure how old they are now but the 2 of them had more energy on stage than most of these "new" auto tune addicted # rappers half their age.

However 'Real' Hip Hop is not dead brothers and sisters. I been listening to the works of Action Bronson recently, a new up and coming rapper hailing from Brooklyn NY - check it

Peace

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
if you guys all wanna hear underground mixtapes free and free downloads check out datpiff. every rapper you have posted is on there along with like 1000000 more and new rappers,that are just trying to get somewhere.
remember kids not every new rapper is lil wayne he is a good part of why new rap is dead.
i remember watching an interview where they asked him why he thinks he was the best rapper alive here is what he said
"the carter, the carter 1 , the carter 2" and so on what a joke
www.datpiff.com...
ps. nice job on bringing this ats family just that little bit closer with a common interest
lol
i'm glad to know that in my quest to deny ignorance there's rap music

edit on 11-4-2011 by pleasetryagain because: turtles what?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Can't forget about Tech N9ne either.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I met tech on the absolute power tour. He was with Anybody killa, Project Dead Man and The R.O.C. It was awesome.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join