It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wind power, how much does a windmill cost?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
i believe it costs somewere between 5-10$ sike i wish then we can all aford 2 use it and we would all have it

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
wind mills are terrible...k im dun

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
talking about it families would end up selling their own windmills that may put other buisnesess and other corperation of work which would ruin other families from their job i think windmills are good source of energy savings and i would support that fully......

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
i would like to clarify that this is the post of an informed individual, working part time for my fathers companies, putting up both siemens and vestas turbines in a variety of different configurations.
of course i can only talk about the two brands mentioned above.
one thing is incredibly important when considering the price for a wind turbine, as not only does the turbine cost a lot of money, but the planning stages and erection of the turbines roughly make up around 40% of the project budget on land based turbines and roughly around 60% at sea.
now the thing is that the fewer turbines you put up, the more it will cost to erect a single turbine, this is in large due to the insane amount of planning required, planning that does not increase much in price as the number of turbines go up.
the only real figure i can give is for the Q7 project in the netherlands where a vestas v80, put up at sea, cost around 200.000 euros just for the erection and transportation, now the planning and the turbines themselves are not a part of that price, on top of that you have to put in the added cost of unforeseen circumstances, delays and the like.

the nature of wind turbines is that you will get a different price for every single one you purchase as they are made specifically for the project.
mostly it is minor changes like the presence of a service elevator, a GPS and aviation warning light system, just to name a few.
the number of variables is staggering.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

except for the taxpayer

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why not Build your own its easy Try this link www.solarpanels4u2.com

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing!!

Power Plant Development