It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not afraid to take a stand to make a change & everybody come take my hand!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Magicians Apprentice
Has anyone questioned is chocolate poisonous?
edit on 11-4-2011 by The Magicians Apprentice because: (no reason given)

Well in that case I´m doomed

Don´t know ´bout the pope... Gonna check it out later on (plus make a real answer here)
Gotta say this: I choose love... damn I LOVE you guys

I´d have some cookies too

Love and respect!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

Don't respect me I am same as you

Also same here if it is Im doomed

But yes people need to lay the foundation of the house before building it

Kind Regards

TMA

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Hahaha I do not know to be happy that you are here or to be worried cause the avoiding the dogs and stuff sounded a bit forward.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Magicians Apprentice

You only have to fear me if you try and mislead people. Dictatorial Spiritualism is no better than misguided theology. Teach the people to think, teach them to feel, help them start their journey, but don't force them down any particular paths. The Dogs... you'll learn about in time, provided you find the right spiritual avenues.

~ Scribe

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by The Magicians Apprentice

Just made it trough the OP (at work so I am both a financial slave and pursuing spiritual growth at the same time)
Very inspiring... Thank-you... Thank-we!!!

I know which cookie I´d choose anyday, I have this wish for us to realize how truly beautifull we are within.
Which possibilities and boundless Universeses, beyond any words I could ever write...
Realize that it is indeed real and not just stuff some crazy-minded people cook up to pass the time...
IT IS REAL (look for yourself... Don´t try to see it... SEE... There is no trying like Yoda told us)
Don´t get confused over the many ways that seem to be there (it is all one, starting within yourself... you will KNOW)
Don´t get scared by all the changes to come down...
It is all gonna be fine... In fact everything is indeed perfect NOW!

I take your hand brother, taking a stand!

Love and more love

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
soft hands won't fix any problems in america.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Just had this thought about time inspired from your thread:

Time is only a code within our mind linked into this dimension.
A rhytm within our percieving mind.

E.g. when I´m doing something sometimes there will be this little bzzzzz going on busy, busy, busy!!!!
Really annoying and affecting what ever I might be doing... Making me more trying than doing
If I notice I can choose to change it, change the rhytm make it more profound making my actions more in tune with my inner self.
Bending time...
I can even choose to stop experience of time, stepping into infinity - home

Thich Nhat Hanh: There is no way to love... Love IS the way

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jetflock

I believe any situation or problem can be solved my friend if a common ground and understanding is found. America can be changed if it is willing to change that is, if it is willing to stop the Roman system and to turn towards a brighter future then it truly can change.

Also has anyone ever thought of an idea of a world council but one really with no leaders kinda like a whole world meeting at once. Now that would be a great idea where we can vote in the open for anything and make the choices together.

Kind Regards

TMA

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Nice post. I share many of your thoughts but I do still struggle with how life uses other life as food. If we are to believe it's all about love, if we all begin to love each other, are we to believe that carnivores will become vegetarians? Interested in viewpoints on this. Buhddism deals with this nicely by saying that life is suffering. Yin and yang dictates you can't have love without hate. I tend to follow the yin yang view however, it seems to go against the thought that love and compassion will fix the mess we are in.

Peace
edit on 11-4-2011 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Thank you for the incredible amount of effort you put into this "posting"

It needs more study on my part and there are things to do today, so I have saved the entire post to MS Word as I would suggest to others to do so also if they valure the content, and want an easy on the eye transcript near at hand.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This entire thread is way over my head.
Who am I? Why am I here?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
This entire thread is way over my head.
Who am I? Why am I here?

Might try to read again, my friend
See what ressonate within you

Love and joy

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
From your thread title, I immediately thought this was going to be based on eminem lyrics. :s

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zigmeister
From your thread title, I immediately thought this was going to be based on eminem lyrics. :s

Well... probably not

Anny thoughts on the OP, my friend?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

Actually, TMA does borrow heavily from Eminem's "Not Afraid" during the first section of his post. He even opens the entire thread by misquoting lyrics from the song. Where TMA writes:

Yeah, It's been a ride... I understand that we are in that bad place we had to go to that place to get to the new. Now some of you might still be in the dark place If you're trying to get out. We'll walk this road together, through the storm whatever might be the weather, cold or warm and just let you know that you're not alone

At the start of "Not Afraid" Eminem sings:

Yeah, it's been a ride; I guess I had to go to that place to get to this one. Now, some of you might still be in that place; you're trying to get out. Just follow me. I'll get you there.

And for the chorus Eminem sings:

I'm not afraid to take a stand. Everybody, come take my hand. We'll walk this road together. Through the storm, whatever weather, cold or warm. Certainly know that you're not alone. Holler if you feel like you've been down the same road.

Later on, TMA discusses facing personal demons, banding together, seeking redemption through yourself, and the like. It is clear that (among other things) Eminem's "Not Afraid" was a major influence on the creation, direction, and theme of this thread. I'm actually surprised that TMA didn't post "Not Afraid" as one of his multiple video links.

If you haven't seen the video, let me post it here for you, and anyone else. [edit] forgot how much he swears in here. Apologies to anyone offended by Eminem's use of profanity. Be forewarned, he swears a lot. [edit]

So, Zigmeister does have a valid point in assuming that, because of the heavy influence from "Not Afraid", this thread might have had something to do with Eminem, the song, or like-minded subject matter. Don't be so quick to discard the influence of modern, mainstream music on ATS threads.

As for the post itself, I think TMA is off to a good start. He's a little too heavy handed on his message of "love conquers all", but, that's to be expected from someone who has not had as much time to explore what it means to be alive. Everybody starts with the New Age movement, and the Hippie movement, and the Free Thought movement. It takes time, patience, and a gentle fostering of the mind, body, and soul to move beyond these things into deeper, more fulfilling spiritual establishments.

I have no problem with praying and wishing love towards starving folks in foreign lands. Unless that is the farthest that someone goes. There are thousands of charitable organizations in place to aid those in need. So, once you're done praying for them to feel love, go donate. Adopt a needy child if you have the means. Take up practices of mind and body health, then once you've mastered them begin teaching them to others so that other people can find their own tranquility.

Finding intelligent people working in mass media (the Wachowski brothers, Lucas, etc) is fun. Try watching some Danny Boyle, some Darren Aronofsky, some Terrence Malik, Spielberg, etc. Read some of the work from authors' Dan Simmons, Clive Barker, Stephen King, Israel Regardie, Aleister Crowley, and the like. Study the artwork of India, China, the Americas and just about any other continent and country on the planet. It is easy to find inspiring media, because artists (poets, musicians, authors, directors, etc) are some of the most gifted, awakened minds on the planet.

So, my assessment? TMA is off to a good start, but he needs to keep going. Move beyond "The Matrix" and "Yoda". Start finding some of his own Quantum Theories and spiritual salvation techniques. If he keeps to it, studies hard, and actively continues to seek the Universal Energy without bias, I think he may find it.

~ Scribe

edit on 11/4/11 by Wandering Scribe because: for the video

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Ah didn´t even knew that track of Eminem.
I was too hasty...
My apologies

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegasface
ive been in a state of depression for the last year or so. Part of it has to do with not being the true me. i know about the power of the mind and try to get myself out of the hole but for some reason its hard. one day i wake up thinking positive and the other day im on autopilot thinking negative. any suggestions or practices i can do to help me out!? I want to continue my life but im at a stand still. Its almost like im trapped and living the same day repeatedly.

i know many people online are dead set against psychiatry and big pharma. everyone is entitled to their opinion. my friend, one year is too long. please expand on "Part of it has to do with not being the true me", because that can go many places. any way, you have reasons you are not living as you want to. you are the one in charge. if you want to rise above, things have to change. you have to face the demons. otherwise you are cheating yourself out of life.

life can be intense, people can be very complex, and sometimes it is all just too much. there is nothing wrong with reaching out for a little help. there are licensed, trained counselors that help people everyday. if the underlying problem is one that needs to be addressed with medication, there are plenty of psychiatrists that can help you out.

you are locked in a deep depressive state. you have the power to change. you are the master of yourself. you are in control, even though at times it does not feel that way. and you need to be in control of your reactions, feelings and happiness. it is up to you. and i know you can do it.

you don't need my story. but i am speaking of personal experience in my own life, and also what I have seen with others, a few who I know well. they overcame. they took their life back. they reached out for help. and you can too.

you are a good person. you have a good heart. you deserve to be happy. obviously you don't want to live the way you are, because you wrote your post. there is hope. In you I can see a spot of sunlight still peeking through. it's time to leave behind the darkness, leave behind the depression.

let me also mention, not everyone feels comfortable with their first or second counselor, doctor or psychiatrist. if you have to go through one or two to find someone you can speak with comfortably, that's okay, do it.

and when you are ready, when you really want to change, then get up, check the yellow pages and go talk with a professional. you know something is wrong, and you want to make it right. You can do it. You are strong, and you deserve peace of mind just like everyone else.

i wish you the best. i'm here for you, along with many others, wishing you the best

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Magicians Apprentice
Has anyone questioned is chocolate poisonous?

Several times I've heard people say an ingredient in chocolate may be deadly to canines, and to never feed a dog a chocolate bar. A little too much and you lose a friend.

I've met even more people who claim to be choc-a-holic, but they are just refusing to exercise discipline over snack foods.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Hi Wandering Scribe,

don't force them down any particular paths.

How could The Magicians Apprentice force a person to believe in something anyway?

Doesn't everyone stubbornly ultimately make their own decisions on what they so choose to believe and do?

Best Wishes!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

How could The Magicians Apprentice force a person to believe in something anyway?

Doesn't everyone stubbornly ultimately make their own decisions on what they so choose to believe and do?

• Have you never heard of the Westboro Baptist movement? Every member of the Church is forced/brainwashed into such hateful, spiteful beliefs via continued repetition of the claims. Their children are brought up preaching bigoted, vile sermons so that they never even know anything else.

• The Heaven's Gate cult, the Branch Davidian massacre, the People's Temple suicide. These are just three more examples of people being manipulated into belief systems that, had alternatives been offered, they might have otherwise avoided, thereby saving their lives from the eventual harm.

• The cult methodology and pyramid scam set-up of Scientology, along with the harassment and stalking of ex-members stands as another example of forced-belief. The supposed deaths at the hands of high ranking Scientology members, spawning the Operation Clambake Movement being another example.

• You can even just look at Evangelical, Fundamental Christian movements in America. The children of devout parents either accept the family religious beliefs, or they are kicked out of the family, and forced to support themselves. Some of my friends weren't even 18 when this happened to them. One's who stayed are now so completely ingrained in the Christian Fundamental ideology that they don't even respond to reason anymore.

• Or, take myself anytime that I propose "love" is not the purest spiritual hub. I know you've been on other threads where posters attempt to strong-hand me into believing that "love" is the essence of all, and that there is nothing more pure, condensed, and potent than "love". Forced-spirituality is all around us, in our politics, in our communities, on ATS, everywhere.

So, to answer your question: no. Not everyone comes to believe what they so desire. Belief can be forced. Belief is forced (see arranged marriages, and the rise of "only marry a [religion] person" in India and America).

There are plenty of people who do blaze their own trail, and make their own decisions. But there are also numerous others who obey their parents, fall prey to crafty preachers, let their fear lead them towards blind salvation, or simply refuse to think for themselves.

Spiritual belief are a market economy. Vendors come brandishing their own flavor: Buddhism, Christianity, New Age, Occultism, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism, Ancient Astronauts, the Matrix, Eastern Meditation, and on, and on. Then they try and sell you on it, each and every one of them.

The Christians belittle the pagans and the Buddhists and the Hindus, while supporting the Jews. The Buddhists deny god-based religions and favor perceptible idealism. The ancient astronauts deny it all and misinterpret ancient mythology and art to arrive where they do, etc.

Even your own beliefs, ET Man, were influenced by other people.

"I only know what I've been told; and I was told what others know. And others only know what they were told; and they were told what others know..."

That's not to say that I am any better. I know where my beliefs come from; who fostered them, why I accept them, and what they teach me about the human condition.

I would just hope that we could all be so honest.

~ Scribe

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join