It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivalist Pain Medicine 100 Proof Rum or Skullcap?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I originally bought a few cases of hard liquor in 2008 thinking I could use it to trade. Now I’m thinking to use it to pull a bullet out of my arm or elsewhere. The idea came to me because I pulled a muscle and thought I had a broken finger. I went to the ER in immense pain and left in immense pain. They don’t like to give out pain pills due to others abusing them.

Today I’ve looked up home remedies and came across Skullcap Tincture, which I haven’t a clue what that is and 100 proof alcohol. I’d like to get some feedback from the old cowboys having arrows pulled out of them. They used alcohol and I wonder if it worked. I may need to chew on a piece of leather at the same time. I’m sure if I go to my family doctor she would prescribe some pain pills but this really got my survival instincts flowing. I had to ask myself on the way home “what century are we living in?” and “my dog gets better care at the Vet" My finger pain is better but I never want to go through that again.

Does anyone know of any herbal pain medicine. I’m somewhat herbal illiterate. I don’t like the thought of mixing teas. I’d rather buy it.

The use of alcohol to depress the effects of pain is as old as the fermentation process itself. Alcohol is believed to be one of the oldest and probably the most widely used drug in the world.
Remember the old "cowboys and Indians" movies? Somebody needs a leg amputated? No anesthesia? No problem, just break out a bottle of whiskey and let him take a few swigs! Need to pull that arrow out of the guy's chest? We don't need morphine, we've got whiskey!
In real life many people still turn to the use of alcohol for pain relief and due to its ability to depress the central nervous system, slowing down the brain and nervous system, it continues to deliver a certain amount of relief.

www.ehow.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
in canada's cold hard winters, there's nothing like downing a bottle of whiskey to completely numb you out of your mind while you're ice fishing.

you could fish in a tank top and shorts in that condition.

not to mention it's a time honored tradition to drink a few ounces of whiskey while getting a tattoo.
edit on 10-4-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

100 proof or 151 proof works the best for All problems!!

if your short of opiates .... booze works best,,

easier to get in quantity then pills,,, stores well.. and

GREAT for barter .. if needed

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If you're in america just hit up some school kids for their parents' oxycodone (or go about it in a more socially apt manner, whatever tickles your fancy); it will be 100x more affective than succumbing to alcohol poinsoning.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I drank Jack Daniels Corn Whiskey for 12 years altogether, and 2 years solid, to rid my body of the intense pain from a broken lower spine and neck, and to be able to get around. Yes, it does take the pain away, be it physical or mental pain. It also has a dark side. A very dark side.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

That sounds rational but I wonder how the pain of a tattoo compares with getting an arow yanked out? I guess it would numb a person. I'd be laying flat on my face and hope I wouldnt wake up during the procedure, like pulling a tooth out with pliers!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I do like alcohol, but maybe you should try some Willow Bark tea first? Alcohol can give rise to a few complications, including dehydration, which would delay the healing process.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

100 proof or 151 proof works the best for All problems!!

if your short of opiates .... booze works best,,

easier to get in quantity then pills,,, stores well.. and

GREAT for barter .. if needed

Youre right 151 proof! Yes it is sure easier to get that than a freaking pain pill. I was truly shocked driving 25 miles to the hospital with no makeup, hurting like a bit** and nothing was done. A waste of time. I live near the border of Idaho and Liquor is very cheap. No sin tax.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I drank Jack Daniels Corn Whiskey for 12 years altogether, and 2 years solid, to rid my body of the intense pain from a broken lower spine and neck, and to be able to get around. Yes, it does take the pain away, be it physical or mental pain. It also has a dark side. A very dark side.

If it will work for a broken spine and neck it should work for anything. I'm getting what your putting out there about the dark side but the same may be true of oxycodone or others. I wonder which is harder to quit? At least in a survival situation I now have pain medince and will buy some 151. I'm still curious if the herbalists have some magic potion?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballsdeep
If you're in america just hit up some school kids for their parents' oxycodone (or go about it in a more socially apt manner, whatever tickles your fancy); it will be 100x more affective than succumbing to alcohol poinsoning.

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. I think this is why pain medicine is so hard to get it's a street drug, even though it is a prescribed one. We have people around here hopping the counters with guns to get their hands on the stuff. Some pharmacies say "WE DONT HAVE ANY" whatever. Hanging on their front door.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PeasantRebellion

Thanks I wrote down Willow Bark tea and will check it out. It doesnt sound too good but better to give it to a kid than 151 Rum.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
There's an herb that's still legal to get in the US called Kratom. It work just like opiates for moderate to severe pain and has other benifits as well. If the SHTF it helps with depression and anxiety. In low doses it helps with energy and supresses your appetite to help ration your food. I stock piled this stuff and it can last up to 6-7 years. Vaccum sealed.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
in canada's cold hard winters, there's nothing like downing a bottle of whiskey to completely numb you out of your mind while you're ice fishing.

you could fish in a tank top and shorts in that condition.

not to mention it's a time honored tradition to drink a few ounces of whiskey while getting a tattoo.
edit on 10-4-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Nothing like alcohol in the cold weather to give you hypothermia......

Any tattoo artist I knew wouldn't let you drink while doing it because you bleed more.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Willow tree leaves contain a compound that is similar to asparin. So if you are in pain make a tea from some of the leaves and see if it helps.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Poppy pods (dried) contain a fairly large amount of opiate. I don't think it would be a stretch to make a tincture with grain alcohol that would be quite effective as a pain killer if you didn't have any other options.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Ole' cowboys used whiskey or opiates to ease their pain, I'd imagine. Think they were also tougher back than, due to conditions. Medicine expires, never heard of 151 being bad, plus can also use as antiseptic if you get a cut.

I'd say go to a warehouse supply store and stock up on the hard stuff. Depending on what you're stockpiling for, get 1 bottle or case a month? Will last? Also can do research into distribution centers, in case SHTF scenario you can make a road trip.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

i dont know how it is in canada but if any of my customers pulled out a bottle of whiskey during there tattoo id refuse to tat them .... if it was a big job id tell them to save the bottle till we finished and i might even have 1 with them just to ease the pain in my back lol

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Alcohol thins your blood and causes more blood loss than usual

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
There's an herb that's still legal to get in the US called Kratom. It work just like opiates for moderate to severe pain and has other benifits as well. If the SHTF it helps with depression and anxiety. In low doses it helps with energy and supresses your appetite to help ration your food. I stock piled this stuff and it can last up to 6-7 years. Vaccum sealed.

Wow!!! Cool, off to buy some. Is it a liquid, a leaf or something else? bark?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Alcohol isnt a blood thinner is it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join