It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just one of the many reasons the U.N. can not be trusted to assist in the war on terror.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
South Africa never had suicide bombers killing scores of civilians in an ideology promoting genocide.

And foremost, Yasser Arafat is no Nelson Mandela.

If the Palestineans want an indpendent state, then shouldn't they start working on their own economy?

If its only about the money, isn't blowing up cafes and pizzerias really bad for the Israeli economy too? Won't the wall stop the "occupation" on the other side? Isn't that good for the Palestineans?

Why is the UN passing judgement on the wall, but waffling about obvious genocidal massacres in Sudan? Oh wait, the perps are the wrong people.

I think the reality is that the objection to the wall is an objection to Israel having any borders or existance at all, and its citizens having any safety.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
History of the Jews... So you guys can get it right...

www.newadvent.org...

Also, the UN is the most worthless display of bloated beauracracy in the world! There is literally no point to this organization. In nearly EVERY instance the UN has failed at upholding a single mandate or resolution. Were it not for NATO or the individual NATO nations that belong to the UN, the UN couldn't even exist! It's a joke; and a shameful one at that!

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Junk the UN?

Well I can't say I'm surprised that a section of US opinion has come to this degenerate view.

Naturally spending years undermining the organisation and refusing to pay ones' dues will go a long way to debilitating the organisation.....particularly if said 'example' is set by the USA.

Why not though, huh? In todays inter-related and interdependant world let's have more division and less cooperation, huh?

Have you guys entirely lost it or what?

No wonder the US right is viewed with the mixture of derision and distain in much of the world if this is your 'thinking'.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Junk the UN?

Well I can't say I'm surprised that a section of US opinion has come to this degenerate view.

Naturally spending years undermining the organisation and refusing to pay ones' dues will go a long way to debilitating the organisation.....particularly if said 'example' is set by the USA.

Why not though, huh? In todays inter-related and interdependant world let's have more division and less cooperation, huh?

Have you guys entirely lost it or what?

No wonder the US right is viewed with the mixture of derision and distain in much of the world if this is your 'thinking'.

I think it's high time that you get a few things straight! Number one... the T&Cs of this board DO NOT allow for your continued trolling and personally abusive conduct. Should it continue, you can rest assured that it will be repeatedly reported to the Mods... each and EVERY instance of it. And you can bet that I am hardly alone in this sentiment.

Secondly, if you'd like to disagree with my view, do so politely, preferably with some factual examples. People who disagree with you do NOT possess "degenerate view[s]" as you claim. We possess different perspective.

May I recommend that you spend some time in the USA, talking to real, everyday US citizens before you start spouting such pointless rhetoric of what "Americans" think? Also, there are very founded reasons as to WHY the US did not pay it's dues for the years in question. Might I remind you that we are not obligated to pay dues, nor to be a member of such an organization... THAT WE FOUNDED!!!

Finally, I think that we can all agree that you view the USA with such disdain and derision, however to claim that the rest of the world shares in your sentiments is what is known as a FALLACY. That fallacy is called a hasty generalization. Get over it, sminkey, not everyone agrres with you. You would do well to RESPECTFULLY disagree with people instead of flying off the handle in continued ad hominems.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well said 7th_Chakra - and I love your quote BTW - I wish Bruce Lee was still with us today.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

May I recommend that you spend some time in the USA, talking to real, everyday US citizens before you start spouting such pointless rhetoric of what "Americans" think? Also, there are very founded reasons as to WHY the US did not pay it's dues for the years in question. Might I remind you that we are not obligated to pay dues, nor to be a member of such an organization... THAT WE FOUNDED!!!

can you back up either the claim that the UN was founded by the US, or that the US has no obligation to pay dues? my understanding was that the UN was set up by a charter, to which the US is a ratified signatory. also, Article 18 of the UN charter makes clear that budgetary questions (including questions as to the UN's funding) are to be determined by the UN, not the US.

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Junk the UN?

de�gen�er�ate
adj.
1. Having declined, as in function or nature, from a former or original state: a degenerate form of an ancient folk art.

(from dictionary.com)

scrapping the UN seems like a degenerate view to me. formerly, the US respected it's treaties and international obligations. now, we don't.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The UN wouldnt last the year without the US...if the US pulled out...the UN would collapse...or did you forget about the League of Nations?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
The UN wouldnt last the year without the US...if the US pulled out...the UN would collapse...or did you forget about the League of Nations?

The UN wouldn't last if any major country like US,UK,Germany and France pulled out. If any of these major players walked out, then the UN would fall into choas.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix

yup. which is why it's so important the US supports it.

-koji K.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join