It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just one of the many reasons the U.N. can not be trusted to assist in the war on terror.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

The U.N. international court bowed under to political preesure from the arabs and thier supporters and stated that the Isreali security barrier is illegal. Now while i agree that the parts of the wall which infringe on palestinian terrority are, Those parts within Isreal's territory are not. The ICJ has basicly ruled that Isreal does not have the right to build a wall ON ITS OWN LAND?!?!?! What kind of madness is this? Isreal is surrounded by a group of people who have publicly stated theier fondest wish is to see thier entire nation wiped from the face of the earth and they dont have a right to protect themselves? The fact is the U.N. has become increasingly irellevant and wrong headed in the last few decades and I for one fail to see why the U.S. or our allies even bother to remain part of this potential despot.

[edit on 26-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The UN is very anti-Isreal...plus...its a bunch of p*ssies...pardon my french...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
America are Gods choosen people.

If you beleive in God please explain to me why you think America is Gods choosen people? Because you live in a piece of land called the USA? is the blood in your veins any different to anyone else? Did god play pin the tale on the world? which ever one I land on I will dub 'My chosen people'. Don't you realise almost EVERY country in the world is told they are the 'special people', the 'chosen ones'. When that view is taken you subconsciously look at every non American as 'not chosen', therefore inferior. So if every country is told that then...........!

Anyway, Israel does not originally belong to the Jews. The Jews were nomads, wondering from one place to the next. Infact at one time they lived in Egypt, as scribes. They were very good scribes and in return Egypt offered them a home. Then 'Something' happened and Egypt kicked the Jews out.

The Jews then settled in whats called Israel. The natives didn't like them there, so began the fighting we see today. The situation is so tangled and its Hundreds of years old. I can't see an end to it myself.

God Bless America.......NO. God Help Earth.

[edit on 26-7-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I agree with 7th_Chakra,

In the eye's of god whe are all the same. There are no special
people. Not the jews, not the christians, not anyone!!
But to stay on the topic, i dont agree with some of the
disisions of the UN. But whats troubling me is that if there
is a disision made about a subject, some countries do nothing
about it and lay the disision at there side because they do
not agree with it? What is then the fuction of such counsel...?...?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
O.K number 1 the jews were in servitude to the egyptians untill Moses led them out. They were not kicked out and they were not a nomadic tribe they had a homeland untill they were defeated in war by egypt and forcibly taken into sevitude.
Number 2 I believe Americans are gods chosen people because we are the only Nation on earth to recognise that God himself gave man self determintion and to create a system of government designed to safeguard that right from the government.

Finally what the hell has this got to do with the subject of my post??????

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
It has nothing to do with your subject. I just wanted to know.

Seems like you and me have read different history.

You are the only nation on Earth to realise god gave man self determination??? are you serious?

I think I'll start another thread

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It's easier to press the ignore button for mwm1331

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Tell me shoo what, other than my signture line do you find so objectionable?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Nearly all of your posts and it actually reached the point where I won't discuss with you.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Like the UN can be trusted for anything?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra
America are Gods choosen people.

If you beleive in God please explain to me why you think America is Gods choosen people? Because you live in a piece of land called the USA? is the blood in your veins any different to anyone else? Did god play pin the tale on the world? which ever one I land on I will dub 'My chosen people'. Don't you realise almost EVERY country in the world is told they are the 'special people', the 'chosen ones'. When that view is taken you subconsciously look at every non American as 'not chosen', therefore inferior. So if every country is told that then...........!

You are quite correct. Even for American Christians who feel because America is a "Christian nation," there are thousands of "Christian nations" around the globe. America is certainly not the most moral, nor the most spiritual. Its funny how most Americans feel that way though--that America is God's chosen people. Even though America is one of the youngest countries, and has an amazing amount of blood on its hands.

Anyway, Israel does not originally belong to the Jews. The Jews were nomads, wondering from one place to the next.

Well, the only place where people started out, and never moved, it seems is Africa. So we are all on someone else's land if you look at history.

Infact at one time they lived in Egypt, as scribes. They were very good scribes and in return Egypt offered them a home. Then 'Something' happened and Egypt kicked the Jews out.

The "something" that happened was that Egypt made Jews slaves, and the Jews left.

The Jews then settled in whats called Israel. The natives didn't like them there, so began the fighting we see today.

The land was mostly already occupied, so the Jews fought for the land in the begining. Where Israel is now was ancient Cannan, and quite a few other nations. Israel defeated many of these peoples, and created the land of Israel, in what followed as a war of land going back and forth.

The situation is so tangled and its Hundreds of years old. I can't see an end to it myself.

Hundreds? Try thousands

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply and correction.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hmm... Isn't this thread supposed to be about not trusting the UN? It would be kind of cool if people could get back to the topic at hand instead of arguing with mwm about his signature...

With that I say the UN is a friggin joke and we need to leave. This is just another one of many reasons.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

the jews were in servitude to the egyptians untill Moses led them out. They were not kicked out and they were not a nomadic tribe they had a homeland untill they were defeated in war by egypt and forcibly taken into sevitude.

Wrong Israelis did not had a land the land given to them was palestine.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
mwm1331:

The fact is the U.N. has become increasingly irellevant and wrong headed in the last few decades and I for one fail to see why the U.S. or our allies even bother to remain part of this potential despot.

Okay, first off, who are these "allies" you say the USA has?

Second off, explain to me in detail WHY you think the UN has become increasingly "irrelevant" (a Bushism).

Because they've done far more good things than bad (and I'm talking the UN as a whole, not their military "peacekeeping" wing).

So go on, make your argument with FACTS instead of with your vague secondhand observations.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The United Nations in my opinion has rendered itself obsolete and ineffective. Even before 9-11 the mandate of the UN has lacked not only teeth but for that matter a coherent thinking body, let alone a head. I find the concept of say Sudan, a 3rd world, poverty stricken, war torn country having the same vote as the USA, or any other industrilized nation absurd.

The fact is that the UN was designed to be a global oversight committe, similair to your local PTA. A place where anyone can bring up items for discussion, but a consortium without the necessary means to implement change.

The war on terror is a United States war. We will finance it, operate it, sustain it and eventually win it. There is no need for a body like the UN to interfere with our goals. Bush was right when he invited the world to join us, but also correct in saying that we will act alone if necessary. Token troops like the yellow bellied Phillipines ( which buckled to terrorists ) are not necessary to meet the goals of the USA.

You are either with us or against us, we will lead , so either follow, or get out of the way

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
www.cnn.com...

The U.N. international court bowed under to political preesure from the arabs and thier supporters and stated that the Isreali security barrier is illegal. Now while i agree that the parts of the wall which infringe on palestinian terrority are, Those parts within Isreal's territory are not. The ICJ has basicly ruled that Isreal does not have the right to build a wall ON ITS OWN LAND?!?!?! What kind of madness is this? Isreal is surrounded by a group of people who have publicly stated theier fondest wish is to see thier entire nation wiped from the face of the earth and they dont have a right to protect themselves? The fact is the U.N. has become increasingly irellevant and wrong headed in the last few decades and I for one fail to see why the U.S. or our allies even bother to remain part of this potential despot.

[edit on 26-7-2004 by John bull 1]

it's irrelevant if the wall is on israel's land or not. israel has created a bandustan for the palestinians and creation of the wall condemns them to poverty, since they depend on travelling into israel for their jobs. this was wrong for south africa to do and it's wrong for israel to do. had israel complied with the UN from the outset a lot of problems would be solved.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
it's irrelevant if the wall is on israel's land or not. israel has created a bandustan for the palestinians and creation of the wall condemns them to poverty, since they depend on travelling into israel for their jobs.

If Palestine is to ever become an independent and viable state, they must develop their own economy and infrastructure independent of Israel.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Eastern_Diamondback:

If Palestine is to ever become an independent and viable state, they must develop their own economy and infrastructure independent of Israel.

And this wall doesn't allow that. Nor does a foreign army that keeps making incursions (the IDF) and that mans thousands of checkpoints around Palestine.

It's an open-air prison that can't be independent of it's aggressors, the Israelis because it's the world 5th largest military against a civilian population.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm surprised Israel wants to be walled in. You'd think it would remind them way too much of the Nazi ghetto....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join