It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Year Old Girl groped by New Orleans TSA.This Has To Stop...

page: 45
<< 42  43  44   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Ahhhh capitalism and terrorism, a marriage made in heaven.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiptrim
reply to post by meathed

Ahhhh capitalism and terrorism, a marriage made in heaven.

You forgot religion too.
You throw that in and then we have total freedom

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

It could be said that for certain governments’ terror has indeed become the new religion. Believe oh you sinners We are the way and the righteous path to salvation.
Come partake of the holy irradiation and shut thy face whilst the high priest dons the rubber gloves or thou shalt travel no more…..

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

reply to post by alphabetaone

You’ll be aware of that old saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions?

If there are two things I'm intimately familiar with, it would be hell and good intentions, so yes, indeed

A case could be made here for this over the top TSA activity being a good idea that has gotten out of control, not by design but by lack of foresight on the part of those who initiate government policy and once it’s started it’s hard to stop.

I think it deserves a little more attention than a flippant "well a case could be made". Not suggesting that you're being flippant about the situation, merely suggesting that not only can a case be made, but a strong argument against. Lack of foresight maybe, but I think the argument is one of intentional duress; in this case it is the foresight that is being rallied against.

With regard to a money making enterprise being at the heart of this, one would have to find an individual or individuals who have a vested interest in manufacturing who also have connections to government and are in a position to either set policy or lobby successfully to ensure that the business takes off, a business which could supply governments world wide with scanning technology. A continual terror threat is essential for this to work and the technology effectively sells itself.

Precisely. In this, I think is where the highest degree of angst comes from, as you said, a continual terror presence. But, of course, it would be ridiculous to think that the corporate sect would use such things to their gain.

Who is winning? Well, we all win in a way.

To some extent there are those who will feel safer because of the scanning and searches, so they win.

Manufacturers make profit, so they win.

People are employed to carry out these searches, so they win.

Governments have an ongoing, in your face indoctrination and reminder of the terror threat, should they wish to use that as a control mechanism, so that’s a possible win.

Criminals will be caught transporting illegal goods, so that’s a win.

Not entirely. Manufacturers win, yes. But the real argument is that they wouldn't lose either way. Their plates are full enough with courthouses, government buildings, private high profile corporations, that the airport sector would not affect their bottom line much either way.

As far as criminals getting caught, well that's a double-edged sword....at first blush this sounds all well and good, but REAL foresight would have us imagine what could potentially be considered a crime....then it may not be such a great idea. Who knows, maybe tomorrow having a toothbrush on you will be a crime, or perhaps any pictures of your family. (I understand the irrationality of that, but it's only to make a point)

Who looses? That would be those who have delicate sensibilities and value the illusion of freedom.

Is there a less perceived and more realized freedom WITH these things in place? I doubt that somehow.

There are those here who are ranting about the abuse of children, molestation and paedophiles personally I would suggest looking at the bigger picture here. Society is being molested, twisted and manipulated and if you don’t get a hold of this, keep it in check then you had better get the lyrics to ‘Let’s face the music and dance’ and learn them……there may be trouble aaaaaaheeeeeead……

I agree! I also thought that the child molestation aspect of what was argued here had no merit at all. Society being molested (depending on your usage of molestation) sure. But an overt act of pedophilia is where I say no.

Indeed there is trouble ahead, you're right....I guess my point was, we are in the minority that see it as, it seems, not enough in the US are opposed to it to affect a change. Or have we simply become too complacent to do it even if we are opposed to it? I suspect the latter a lot.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by chiptrim

It just keeps happening. I read this today about the TSA and a mentally retarded man.

www.myfoxhouston.com...

The TSA did apologize, but only after the damage had been done.

top topics

<< 42  43  44   >>

join