It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guddafi agrees to end conflict

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Of course the U.S. and the U.K. aren't going to stop. They didn't go in for humanitarian reasons. We will establish a presence there like we have everywhere else and make sure the price of oil stays low.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

I hesitate to believe this considering Tripoli is under siege and I beg to question how they physically got there.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
LOL!!!!

Oh please.

The Gulf War ended and the US kept bombing Iraq throughout the 90s. Gaddafi "agrees" to a truce plan and everyone thinks the bombings will stop? This is far from over.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Finally he buckeld after the US pressure and invasion. It appears the UNited States can do whatever it wants by force.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You can bet your backside that the allies won't leave though.....oh no........they want the oil and its there for the taking now.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by TheMaverick
this whole libya conflict wasn't and isn't about oil...its about gaddafi turning his back on the dollar,and wanting a to go to the gold currency...this is not over by a long shot....not till they shut gaddafi voice up.....
do your reseach ...gaddafi was the biggest voice in the africans and arab nations refuseing to deal in the dollar..(hence bringing forth the collapse of the dollar,and the federal reserve)
the rothschilds,can't have loud mouth gaddafi treading on there toes...
gaddafi not the bad man in this....infact gaddafi was doing the world a favor..

geez, somebody finally got it !!!!
very big star for you

and you are spot on brother.

Perhaps we should prove this theory ... although I do agree this to be more likely than just oil ...

Saddam was killed for the same reason .. he too wanted to drop oil trade in dollars ...

Which other leader has been really opposed to the dollar being used to trade oil ...?? If they are alive ... watch them closely .. they're next ...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Libyan Rebels Form Their Own Central Bank

The Banking Cartel uses Oil revenues to maintain it's wealth as well as it's stranglehold on the world.

Qaddafi had lots of readily available sweet crude AND a central bank that wasn't controlled by the Banking Cartel.

The Banking Cartel was unable to lend money and siphon profits from the Oil Revenues originating in Libya without control of the central bank.

SO it's in essence a Two-Fer for the Banking Cartel controlled UN......

From a historical perspective of how the CIA operates, look at Operation Northwoods and the use of "clandestine cells" comprised of "American sympathizers" (spelled CIA trained operatives) to overthrow Castro and his communist government.

Same old deal with the "Rebels"....more CIA trained operatives....how did Osama Bin Laden get his start BTW ?

Oh and by the way....the country is spelled L-I-B-Y-A ...

www.cnbc.com...

And people wonder why the US is Broke ?~!

Well here ya go !

Top Ten Companies that make Billions from the US Govt.

1. Lockheed Martin Total 2010 Revenue $45.8 Billion
2. Boeing Total 2010 Revenue $63.3 Billion
3. Northrop Grumman Total 2010 Revenue $34.8 Billion
4. Raytheon Total 2010 Revenue $25.18 Billion
5. General Dynamics Total 2010 Revenue $32.47 Billion
6. L-3 Communications Total 2010 Revenue $15.68 Billion
7. United Technologies Total 2010 Revenue $54.32 Billion
8. Oshkosh Corporation Total 2010 Revenue $9.82 Billion
9. SAIC Inc. Total 2010 Revenue $11.12 Billion
10 BAE Systems Total 2010 Revenue $36.69 Billion

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 11-4-2011 by nh_ee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

What's going to happen? Darth Soros will make another step and the NWO is on it's quest and has another country in his pocket. Maybe it's gonna be Iran's turn soon? That kind of abuse will happen.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

They want more than that. They want to totally crush the sovereignty of nations and the right of self determination of the people in those nations. The "democracy" we are spreading around the world is "corporatism" with a title that sounds more palatable.

If we were truly interested in democracy, we would not interfere with nations who choose something else. But the goal is to bring all the worlds labor force, (previously known as "humans") and all the worlds resources into the reach of the relatively few extremely wealthy people of the world who will squabble among themselves about how to share it up.

The main thing is that the people of those nations being subdued not be able to share their nations wealth among themselves. Its being redirected upwards into the hands of the super wealthy. Everywhere, including in the US.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
are you even on the same planet as me ? quacky bombed his own people that's not a path it's mass murder - if dinner jacket or chavez or ill bombs there own people we are going to regime change there ass too. I think thats a clear line - use fighter jets to bomb your own people and were coming to run your country.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
are you even on the same planet as me ? quacky bombed his own people that's not a path it's mass murder - if dinner jacket or chavez or ill bombs there own people we are going to regime change there ass too. I think thats a clear line - use fighter jets to bomb your own people and were coming to run your country.

You don't have to answer this question, but for the same of argument give it a try:

What if you bomb other people instead of your own people?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I thought that it may have ended later then it did, but it's a good thing it ended early.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

When you say Gaddafi bombed his own people, do you mean the rebels who include non Libyans, who were attacking the military and stealing military equipment in order to use that equipment against the Libyan government and the people who supported the Libyan government?

It seems to me that a legitimate government has a right to defend itself against a rebellion, particularly if it is a minority of the population, with an ad mixture of people from other nations.

And anyway, I have never seen anything at all that shows the Libyan airforce bombing its own people. Nothing. I have seen video of people standing around firing up into the air at nothing. I have seen smoke in the background and people standing around. But never once did any of those reporters swing the camera upwards and actually film a PLANE in the air, much less one bombing anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensquad414

I thought that it may have ended later then it did, but it's a good thing it ended early.

The rebels did not accept the cease fire agreements, calling for Qaddafi and his sons to step down. I guess I was right, that the West does not support a representative government, representing all sides in that transitional period, because US has no puppets to do its biddings.

The Rebels are Islamists, although they act as if they are pro-US, once Qaddafi is toppled US and the Rebels will go at it. That's if Qaddafi is toppled, let the long proxy war start, just like the one in Afghanistan.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Its been widely known and reported for decades that the, "humantarian peace loving west", has been working to overturn the Libyan peoples revolution (read MI5 officer D Shayler`s book).

A revolution which began in 1969 with the population living in abject poverty, and today 2011, they have the highest living standards on the African continent,full employment, food sovereignty, universal healthcare (are you listening yanks),free education from kindergarden to university, millions of homes and has provided the country with a sustainable water supply which can last for centuries.

This is what the rapacious dogs of war have come to save the Libyan people from.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Saracen1

I agree. I am not a personal fan of Gaddafi. In part because I know so little of him outside of what my media has told me over the course of my life, but the stats on how the Libyan people live is what it is. Not even the UN claims they are not absolutely the truth.

The western corporatists could not get a good uprising in Libya because the people there are just not that unhappy. They HAD to intervene, not to "save" the people from the evil Libyan government, but because the people could not be goaded into rising up in sufficient numbers to make an "uprising" look plausible even with the internet blackout and media propagandizing it like mad.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saracen1
they have the highest living standards on the African continent,full employment, food sovereignty, universal healthcare (are you listening yanks),free education from kindergarden to university, millions of homes and has provided the country with a sustainable water supply which can last for centuries.

Wow, that sounds downright utopian. Can you provide some credible sources, examples, proof of all of that? I've certainly not come across that info yet. Thanks in advance!
edit on 11-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Your right when you say the Libyan people weren`t all that unhappy with the status quo.
Compare the standard of living in Libya with that of its neighbours, there is no comparison.

Whats going on in eastern Libya is an instigated contrived armed insurrection, western intelligence agencies working with exiled groups, tribalists, religious misfits,dupes and monarchists, to overturn the Libyan peoples revolution.

Even in Benghazi there are numerous Gadaffi supporters who are being rounded up and shot by the socalled "Libyan opposition". Pogroms against black Libyans (yes there are such people contary to media opinion), and black foreigners have occured all over the rebel held areas.
No mention of saving those lives eh.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Then Israel will then take care of Iran its allies and most of Russia.
reply to post by Sky watcher

Do you really think Israel could do anything to Russia. lol. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Russia would wipe the floor with the Israelis. Just because the west won the cold war, doesn't make Russia a pushover. I think they have quietly been watching what is going on in the world, calculating what their best options are as far as repositioning themselves to be world superpowers once again.

When the big dance is over, I don't think Israel will be left standing.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Saracen1

It was pretty clear when the MSM couldnt even show demonstrations against him that were credible at all that there was no popular uprising.

And the figures really do speak for themselves about the "horror" the Libyan people have to put up with.

hdrstats.undp.org...

Dont let the star counts intimidate you on the pro war posts. Its all about hearts and minds, and the illusion of consensus. It might be a little less suspicious if all 5 or 6 stars didnt hit within minutes though.

Edit to add, Its very much a shame that we do not care about the lives the rebels are taking. You hear nothing really about the lives lost of the supporters of the Libyan government. But then this really isnt about the Libyan people. This is about consolidation of power and resources.

edit on 11-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join