It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speaking of Internet Monitoring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If you have a gmail account, you can check each and every page you visited from the date you signed up with them. That's because as soon as you sign up, a google feature called Web History records your browsing. Although I'm not sure if browser history is recorded only if you are logged into your Gmail account, I could check every site I've been on for a few years back, all sorted by day, month and year. Check your history here:

www.google.com...

I have to say it is useful if you ever forgot to bookmark an interesting site. You could just check your web history for that particular date and find it easily. But if you don't like corporations having your entire web history on file, I suggest you turn this feature off. You can do this from the link above.
edit on 10-4-2011 by robile because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2011 by robile because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It doesn't happen unless you *enable* it.

Good to know
edit on 10-4-2011 by RatedXx because: Oops

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RatedXx

Weird. I never enabled mine - never even knew about it since a few months back. Anyone else check?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I checked. You have to have google tool bar installed, which enables it.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Thanks for checking. The google toolbar will activate this it appears. More recently however, the web history feature is turned on automatically for new gmail users:

Another variable is when you opened your Google account. By default, Google now enables this feature for new accounts. It’s possible you missed this text when you signed up.

source

new topics

top topics

join