learn more

Psychometry Exersize

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gibbon

Lots of stars for you. You laid out all the readings and replies in a very thoughtful and concise way.

I am going to go back and read all the replies and your comments again later.

Thank you again for taking part posting your picture, and sharing your results.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hey EVERYONE. I just thought I would let everybody know that I won't be reading for a few weeks, and not every week. after that.

I will do a reading for tomorrows picture, then I will try to read once a fortnight, or whenever I can manage the spare time.

Lots more lovely, like minded people are coming forward now, so hopefully they will come on board as readers.

I would really like to see the development of discussion regarding results. Also addressing other interesting and valid points that come up. So, hopefully, that is what I will be doing more of for a while.

Well done to finity and Agkelos for their reading on Gibbon.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
As it's Sunday in my part of the world and I'm awake at stupid o' clock, I figured I might as well post my picture.

Just want to say before I do, thankyou to all who take the time to read it

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sephrenia

reading, and my U2U has been sent with my initial reading.
i will have another look at your picture again in a day or two, and see if any more comes through.
looking forward to the results.

DJ

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Hiya,

Thanks for the picture.

Star for you.

Reader.
edit on 15-5-2011 by maya27 because: Reader

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by djyorkie

Hello again, Thank you for being a reader.

You were quick to send your reading. You have until midnight, Wednesday.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by djyorkie

reading, and my U2U has been sent with my initial reading.
i will have another look at your picture again in a day or two, and see if any more comes through.
looking forward to the results.

DJ

Got it and thankyou

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by maya27

Hiya,

Thanks for the picture.

Star for you.

Reader.
edit on 15-5-2011 by maya27 because: Reader

You're welcome and thankyou for taking the time to check it out

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

Hey pyrodude, are you going to join in and read Sephrenia's Picture?

Or you can give feedback after the results are in?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by maya27

Hello again, Thank you for being a reader.

You were quick to send your reading. You have until midnight, Wednesday.

yeah, i know i had the time to do it, but i had nothing to do this morning, so i sat down, and did my reading.
in the past, i found it best not to mull over thoughts while doing a reading. its best to just try and tune in, and type exactly what comes into your mind. once i start to think about what i am typing, then my mind starts to think about it, and maybe change things, so it is best to just get it done and allow yourself to just type what is being picked up. i may have another look at it in a couple of days, and see if anything else comes through, but i am happy with what i have sent, even if it is a little short.
very curious about the results, so cant wait until next weekend.
thanks for letting me be a part of this.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Short and concise is good for this type of reading.

I have a look at the pic, then jot down any immediate info.
Then a day or two later jot down more, do a bit of a meditation on compassion. Opening heart chakra.
Then looking over everything I have jotted down, try to bring it together and decide which bits of info go with other info. I am kind of asking for guidance at this point.
Then I check that it will be understandable to the subject.

I prefer to work with a pencil and paper, as sometimes there are shapes and images to consider. Some people may enjoy working with coloured pens or pencils, it can often provide more information.
edit on 15-5-2011 by maya27 because: iforgot

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

after getting your basic advice in the experiment thread, i was keen to discuss this a little further and maybe get some advice if that is ok?
i spent a couple of hours today, going back right through the experiment thread, catching up on what has happened so far, so i was up to speed and not missing anything, and when reading the posts with the reading results, i was struck by how different the readings were to the way i sent in my first read today.
i notice that in most cases, all that is getting sent is a numbered list of keywords.
is this the norm and the correct procedure to follow?
my readings are giving much different results, as i seem to be picking up more on the spiritual side of things, similar to how a medium works, rather than just picking up on key words in the picture posters life.
the spiritual reading i am doing tends to give me similar results, but maybe a little more in depth than just a list of words. is this acceptable for this thread? or should i really be trying to focus just on the posters key words?
a little advice would be appreciated, as i dont want to be unknowingly taking the subject of the readings off on a tangent, and away from the main topic of experiment.
an example would maybe something like this...
one of the regular readers here may say about you
1. red
2.. woman named sarah
3. illness

i may pick up and would write...
i can sense that a woman named sarah who departed this world, suffered a serious illness and left us. it was a long term illness in the chest, and her passing came as a relief to her, allowing her to move on. she is now around you and watching you develop... etc etc etc

personally, i find a list to be too general, but i can try switching to this method if needed.

some help would be appreciated

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Hiya djyorkie,

Do you have any training in Mediumship development?

The reason I ask is that there really should be a disclaimer, especially if you are going to give someone that type of detailed information.

Also, bear in mind that you could be sending this info to someone who is very young. (Yes, there are 13 y/olds on here), there are a lot of mentally vulnerable people on ATS too. That, as far as I am concerned, is one of the drawbacks of doing this kind of exercise online. Also, someone who is delusional may start giving people really dark, messed up readings/rantings.

Then there is the really personal information. I suggested to someone recently that they could just put yes or no next to the numbers, and not to feel obliged to bring my results onto the thread. I think some people give too much of there information out on this site. LOL.

Anyway, thank you for bringing this point up. It isn't my thread. it's finitys. However, I did bring the subject of a disclaimer and personal info up, but she didn't address it.

Also, I wouldn't have described the reads quite like that, but yes, subtle. My stuff is mainly drawing a line, tracing past, present and linking to future. My reads are spiritual, but don't usually involve messages from those who have passed.

Everyone is different in how they read. My one to one readings at the Spiritualist Church - Mediumship development are totally different. But we have a disclaimer and rules to go by. Even there, I am always mindful to be discreet as to what I am picking up, and ask my guides for more information. then address it from a different angle. You can't just say "I am picking up that you are impotent, and it relates to the poor relationship you had with your mother. LOL.

This type of discussion is what the thread really needs. What do you think?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have had no training at all with Mediumship development, and have not visited any spiritualist church or such like in my life.

I agree that maybe i should give a disclaimer to the photo poster of that week, and maybe even seek their permission that i use my type of style to do a reading, which i apologise to this weeks pic poster for.
i just did my usual thing of jumping straight in without thinking, and without looking at other options.

i think i had better ask the OP for permission to do this type of reading on this experiment, as i have dabbled with this sort of thing in the distant past, and would love to take this opportunity to experiment further.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I'm not saying your readings in particular should carry a disclaimer, I'm sure you have given a really good reading by the sounds of it.

I'm suggesting that we carry a "standard" disclaimer at the beginning of each new week?

I think finity is happy for everyone to come onboard with ideas on how best to work this exercise. And thank you for bringing up the subject. Hopefully this is something we can all contribute our oppinion towards.

The reason I suggest shorter, concise reads that have numbered points, is because we have to bear in mind that finity has set the bar at 15 readers per week, then taking it to 25 max. You don't want to overwhelm. Then, also quality of the exercise may be lost. So, that is something else to keep in mind too.

edit on 15-5-2011 by maya27 because: "" marks
edit on 15-5-2011 by maya27 because: Particular

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by djyorkie
I have had no training at all with Mediumship development, and have not visited any spiritualist church or such like in my life.

I agree that maybe i should give a disclaimer to the photo poster of that week, and maybe even seek their permission that i use my type of style to do a reading, which i apologise to this weeks pic poster for.
i just did my usual thing of jumping straight in without thinking, and without looking at other options.

i think i had better ask the OP for permission to do this type of reading on this experiment, as i have dabbled with this sort of thing in the distant past, and would love to take this opportunity to experiment further.

You don't have to apologise, I appreciated the format in which it arrived. I do think that some sort of disclaimer should be given along the lines of this being an exercise and not to 'expect' a reading as it doesn't work that way when it comes to reading people/pictures.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Hi, It's past my bedtime, but popped back on to see if finity had appeared on the thread.

How many have come forward as readers for your pic so far? I haven't counted them.

Finity,I hope you are feeling well.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by maya27

No I wont be reading, but I will be participating!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join