It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White bread consumption linked to kidney cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
(NaturalNews) According to a new Italian study published in the International Journal of Cancer, eating large quantities of white bread increases the risk of developing kidney cancer.
Scientists from the Institute of Pharmacological Research in Milan, Italy, studied more than 2,300 Italians to determine the link between eating white bread and developing cancer. Nearly 770 of the participants had the disease already, while more than 1,530 did not.

The researchers gave the participants detailed questionnaires about their dietary habits over the previous two years, and found that those who reported eating the most white bread ran the highest risk of developing renal cell carcinoma.

The participants who ate 35 slices of white bread per week -- five slices per day -- were nearly twice as likely to develop the cancer compared to those who ate 11 slices a week. Those who ate high quantities of poultry, meat and vegetables ran a low risk of kidney cancer.

The researchers believe that development of the cancer may be linked to high-glycemic foods that rapidly increase blood sugar in the body. High-glycemic-index foods cause the body to release excess insulin to help process the extra sugar in the blood. Cancer cells can use the chemical byproducts of insulin, as well as the excess blood glucose caused by consumption of refined grains, to fuel unchecked growth.

The study's lead researcher, Dr. Francesca Bravi, said that based on her study, consumers should consume fewer cereals and refined grains, and eat more vegetables to reduce their risk of renal cell carcinoma. If consumers choose to eat cereals, Bravi said focusing on those made with whole grains could help reduce cancer risk.

full article.. www.naturalnews.com...

well,,,i dont know...but i always eat whole weat bread... anyway...we live in the scary world,,,everyday is something new.....Cows,,chicken...ect

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by romka71

Great, another thing to add to the "food that will kill me" list.
I would like to start a "food that is good for me" thread, but I fear we will have very little to add.

One word "shelf life" is whats killing us.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Thank Monsanto for that because white bread before wasn't that bad. It's just that Monsanto have somehow tempered with the ingredients

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
White bread is unhealthy because it's bleached by Potassium bromate or Chlorine dioxide. Potassium bromate has been banned in Europe, Canada and other countries. FDA warns of Chlorine dioxide effects but allows it's use. US has not banned these.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
That's weird!!!!
They just discovered kidney bean consumption is linked to yeast infections.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I don't know anyone that eats 35 slices of white bread a week. Even if your kid brings his/her lunch to school daily and you give them a white bread sandwich, that's still only 10 slices a week and then whatever they eat on weekends so max 14 slices. 35 is a lot!

Next Peta will say it's inhumane to feed the geese with white bread

edit on 4/10/2011 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It is unhealthy to feed anyone bleached flour. That includes ducks.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I --- knnneeewwww --- there was something wrong with bread. I had -- stopped -- eating bread. I do have long grain rice or pasta, but there came a point where I couldn't stand bread anymore. It's like my own physiology knew instead of my brain, that it wasn't really food.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
So eating 35 slices of white bread a week is bad for you.

No kidding.

Let them do a study of normal people who eats a normal amount a week and see what the outcome is. Shoot, by using 35 slices of white bread a week i could say that white bread is linked to obesity.

Most people realize that anything in large quantities is bad for you.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Breaking news from a mortician.

(1) We are dying or things we never died of before, simply because we live longer.

Do not romanticize how we use to live or die 200 years ago. Read some documented history for the startling facts.

(2) Despite all the "bad stuff" in our food. We are living to approx 78. Thats a 100% increase in 200 years.

Quit your complaining.

edit on 11/19/09 by thedeadtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

First, most people do not live,but exist- it's a different thing. When you weight so much that you can hardly walk and can't sleep ...etc. (I am not even talking about having other activities that would make you happy and feel the life. ) , being often or constantly drunk or on drugs, or working 80 hours a week, etc. etc. - I wouldn't call it a life.
Second, we don't know much about how much people used to live and of course I am not talking about 100s of years ago... what about long long time ago?

Third, did you ever think that may be to live now for 60 years is like living then for 300 years? Just something to think about when you are bored lol
edit on 11-4-2011 by quitesane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I knew something was up with white bread. Im hardly at home, so not much time to make sandwiches. But always have bread. But I remember having this loaf of bread in the fridge. I never touched it, but never threw it away because i didnt see any mold. Time passed and when i finally decided to take it out, still no mold. I was surprised. And honestly, it looked eatable. The date on the bag showed it had expired almost 2 months earlier. I remember a time when bread would go bad after a couple days past expiration.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The article is not saying that white bread specifically is bad for you. Its the sugar in the bread that does the damage and the fact that the wheat has been processed and had fibre removed so the sugars will be dumped into your blood quickly.

Foods that contain sugar (or carbs that act like sugars in the blood) put too much stress on the bodies insulin system and this will result in diabetes and cancer etc.

The human body does not need sugar (carbs and fruit sugars included) in large quantities. The modern diet is miles from our hunter gatherer diet where we would eat tons of veg with a little bit of protein and fat - therefore no blood sugar highs.

I try to tell members of my family that are developing dibetes that however 'healthy' an item of food appears to be, such as a bananna, a plate of potatoes or white rice etc, it will do you no good if eating it results in a blood sugar high. You eat like that everyday and unsuprisingly the consequences are bad.

There are also thousands of grains to choose from on earth but for some reason most people only eat processed wheat.

new topics

top topics

join