It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bretton Woods II: Europe, America falling while BRIC rising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Link

“We've got to have a serious plan to reconstruct the international institutions for the times we're in, not the times that are gone," this was the message delivered by former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown who was a member at the Bretton Woods meeting.

Declaring the American and European dominances has now come to an end (I am betting they intentionally made this happen), the BRIC nations of Brazil, Russia, India, and China will now have a more lead role in global affairs.

So what global institution do they plan on destroying? Their very own creation at the first Bretton Woods meeting, the IMF (International Monetary Fund):

"I think the IMF has mostly played a very destructive role by promoting financial liberalization in many parts of the world, which has contributed tremendously to the financial meltdown," said Gerald Epstein of Political Economy Research Institute.

Now what I find astounding is that their immediate criticisms of the United States is that it performs crony capitalism (I agree it does) but the problem is that they are attacking the US for its ‘too big to fail’ policies with banks yet they have massive investment in these banks, the congress, the Federal Reserve, and even the executive, so what are they trying to play here?

"If you have crony capitalism and you lose confidence in US institutions, which has happened since 2008, the quality of the dollar and of New York as the financial center can deteriorate very markedly," Robert Johnson, INET’s Executive Director, told RT.

But now their fight is for tougher financial and banking regulations in the West, particularly the United States. "Depends on what you'd call a crisis but I'd have to say yes, the concentration of power in finance is greater today than it was before this crisis," and this quoted was said by none other than John Fullerton, former executive of JP Morgan.

What's your alternative? Where's the political will for reshaping the world economy? Who has a proposal that’s actually workable?” Professor Simon Johnson of the MIT Sloan School of Management has asked. “There’s plenty of conversations on the role of the dollar – but no consensus on how to replace that.”

It appears those of us who are dying to know what is happening at this meeting and what their actual plans are will have to wait because it does not look as though they will be releasing their secrets any time soon.

What we do know however is that; A) The West is going to decline with the rapid rise of BRIC, B) They want more stronger banking regulations, C) No consensus is made on how to replace the dollar but they do want it replaced, and D) It is their intention to completely redesign the world’s economy.
edit on 4/10/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Whoa nelly.
Hang on to your nipples, its gonna be a bumpy ride.
I hope it is all as painless as possible because it is surely inevitable.
edit on 10-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
After the fall the US Empire I believe their will be a new world order ruled by China, India, Russia, Brazil, Australia (Also part of BRIC if you don't believe me) and many other nations

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

It almost seems like Modern Warfare 2 predicted a war between the United States and Russia, because it is beginning to seem that way. Chilling...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

American government ruled by banks financed by american tax payers has sh#t a bric.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I was just at the mount washington hotel two months ago and would have loved to have taken the tour which included the original meeting... damn skiing got in the way though!

www.historic-hotels-lodges.com...
edit on 11-4-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: link

edit on 11-4-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Or you could look at this like

The West Vs BRIC = WWIII

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Bretton Woods was an agreement between trading Nations to allow the US Dollars as the currency to settle international trade, among other things. This was in 1947.

In 1971, President Nixon tore up the agreement, removed the US currency from Gold Backing, and replaced it with the Petro Dollar system. This enabled the US to print dollars and run massive deficits. it also placed massive pressure on our trade partners to maintain their US dollar reserve accounts in New York and at financial centers around the world. basically the United States told the world to kiss off.

What goes around comes around, as the USA has continued its arrogance and ignorance of world economies, the rest of the world has taken it upon themselves to distance from the impending collapse of America's banking system, and will probably do very little to assist when it happens. Estimate about 18 Months for the US Dollar to collapse and take the US banking system with it.

Private Banking will survive, it always has and always will. It is the Oldest system of banking, tracing back to the early middle ages. Retail banking, such as HSBC, Bank America, Duetsche and the like will collapse as they are debt based banking, as opposed to gold and hard asset private banking. I would highly recommend everyone to move some of their assets and wealth to private banking and take proactive steps to insulate your Capital from the debacle about to unfold.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Or you could look at this like

The West Vs BRIC = WWIII

Everyone seems to forget that Brazil is a Western country.

new topics

top topics

join