It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress: <tap, tap> Is This Thing On?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Please good people.

Can we get back on topic?

What about the concept that it is clearly proven that Congress and Washington as a whole are not paying attention to the will of the people?

Can we please go back to that?

Thanks!

P.S. - neo96, I totally disagree with your position and lean heavily towards what incrediblelousminds says.

P.P.S. - Hey! Had to throw something into the mix!

edit on 10-4-2011 by Hessling because: Spelling

edit on 10-4-2011 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2011 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

What about the concept that it is clearly proven that Congress and Washington as a whole are not paying attention to the will of the people?

What about it? I'd say, for sake of argument, that they ARE paying attention to the American people. And the American people are telling them, 'we care more about reality television and pop music and speed boats and plasma tv's than we do about keeping our elected officials accountable'. Sure, a small portion of people are politically aware and vocal about it but really, thy are still a minority, and don't often agree amongst themselves as to what the real direction should be.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

That's a totally valid point and my guess is that you are correct.

However, this is exactly what frightens me. Have we become so distracted, so passive that these folks think they can just do whatever they please and feel absolutely secure in doing so?

Yeah, they probably do. Furthermore, they are probably right to feel that way.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

However, this is exactly what frightens me. Have we become so distracted, so passive that these folks think they can just do whatever they please and feel absolutely secure in doing so?

I would posit that we have not 'become' those things. We always have been those things. In fact, I suspect that people may be a bit more aware these days, as access to information spreads, which is why they have to try harder and harder to distract us.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

I would posit that we have not 'become' those things. We always have been those things. In fact, I suspect that people may be a bit more aware these days, as access to information spreads, which is why they have to try harder and harder to distract us.

God, I hope you are right!

You bring up so many good points.

Please keep it comin'!

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join