It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last night, I saw a large UFO. Info please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Right, well for a start, I suppose I'd better state for those who fail to comprehend the full scope of the english language that what I saw was a UFO and not an Extra Terrestrial Craft, simply an unidentified flying object.

That said, I would still like to be enlightened as to what it was I actually saw, if anyone is able!

Suffolk, UK. Around 10 - 11pm UST. 9th April 2011
Whilst glancing out of my window into the clear night sky, I saw in the East what seemed to be an overly large planet where it shouldn't be so, after around thirty seconds of staring and wondering, I grabbed some binoculars to get a better look and upon closer inspection saw that it was actually two bright 'headlights' of a flying craft of sorts.
It was clearly an aeroplane, but one I've obviously never seen the like of before.
After a few minutes of staying seemingly stationary (obviously it was simply coming towards me), this vehicle slowly flew overhead where I was able to quite clearly see three similarly bright lights underneath it, creating the iconic shape of a triangle of lights.
There were no red or green lights visible at all, just the initial two headlights and then, as it flew practically overhead, only the three lights in the formation of a triangle and then as it was going away, a minute flashing light in an unconfirmed area of the vehicle above all other lightings (possibly rear center).
This plane was relatively low (or massive - although it did seem large) and I could hear its engine...although I must admit the sound wasn't one I had heard from any aeroplane before - it had more of a 'hum' to it than the usual deep and distant bass rumble. It sounded powerful nonetheless.
The one and only feature that convinced me I was indeed seeing a terrestrial craft and not something else, was the single (same colour as the rest) small, yellowish-white light repeatedly flashing at the rear of this craft as it passed overhead and into the distance.

There is no runway nearby in the direction this plane was travelling (approximately East to West), so if these three lights were landing lights, I can't understand why they were on.
I've tried to look for examples via Google, but have found nothing that exactly matches what I saw.

Can some good and knowledgeable member please enlighten me as to what type of plane this was and ideally, add a picture for me to compare to?

From my own search, I've found one possibility - the TR-3B. But - all examples I've found show it with either four or more undercarriage lights on and with no headlights, whereas the one I saw only had three underneath, and two infront.

So, was it the TR-3B?
If so, what do you suppose it was doing casually flying around in the Uk skies?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sounds like what we saw. We live in W.Montana and about a month ago my wife was outside and said, "Guys, look, it looks like the flying car from Harry Potter. Then it got closer and we saw that it was a triangle. This did have red lights , though. Three of them. The low hum was different than any airplane. It was probably 500- 700 feet up. It just slowly.went by, almost right over us. We've been kicking ourselves because our camera was in pawn. My 10 year old son saw it as well and went in and drew a picture of it right after.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogman47

Heh, was beginning to think because I didn't consider this to be of extra terrestrial origin, it invalidated my thread!
Thanks for supplying conformation to the contrary.

Funny thing is, my camcorder was right next to me but I didn't think to use it, as I was too busy trying to get a close-up view of the thing with the binoculars! My desire to see it for myself overpowered any thoughts of showing others what I saw, I suppose.

I wonder if the red versions that are being seen are the same thing and, if so, why the colour change?
Hmm...!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yeah, we originally didn't think about getting it on video, we were just trying to squint our eyes trying to get a better grip on what it was. I just kept saying, "What the blank is it?" My wife was keeping around the corner of the house in case it did something. Funny what goes on in your head when something real comes along. We never saw anything like that before. Nothing in the papers... I guess nobody wants to be the crazy one. This on also had a red, slightly elevated light on the rear. I watched til it was over the hill. Have seen some videos since that are close but not exact. Glad wer'e not the only crazies.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

For these very large slow moving triangles I think the most logical and resonable explanation is the stealth blimp. You can find some information on them here.

www.thestealthblimp.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dogman47

My wife was keeping around the corner of the house in case it did something.

I had to chuckle - my ex is the same!

Glad wer'e not the only crazies.

Whilst I'm convinced this was 'just' a plane that most don't seem to know anything about, I must admit to being glad of the same due to your input here.

My previous experiences with UFOs (that I couldn't rationally explain) have all been with 'orbs' of light. Those are what makes me uncomfortable, because as far as I'm aware there just isn't any known or theorised technology that could create them (as perceived to be intelligently controlled) terrestrially!

reply to post by pompano

Ah, that's certainly a possibility to consider, thank you.
Would their engine(s) make a deep bass rumble similar to an aeroplane though? According to the source you supplied (and my (out-dated) knowledge of blimps), it seems like that one is silent?
I must admit it didn't seem to be a blimp, as it was slow-moving as in, say, the cruising speed of a large plane. It only took approximately four or five minutes from first sighting before it was out of sight behind the end of the building I'm in. An additional point was that when looking at it through my binoculars, it did seem to be a vertically slim, triangular mass - much like the pictures I've found of the TR-3B, but not identical (I concede it was at night).
The three lights underneath it seem to have been the same overly-normal large size as is shown in pictures of other triangular craft found, including the 'Belgium Triangle', but again, all those I can find have a minimum of four lights underneath, whereas the one I saw only had three.

I feel I am still none the wiser!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist
Right, well for a start, I suppose I'd better state for those who fail to comprehend the full scope of the english language that what I saw was a UFO and not an Extra Terrestrial Craft, simply an unidentified flying object.

That said, I would still like to be enlightened as to what it was I actually saw, if anyone is able!

... It was clearly an aeroplane, but one I've obviously never seen the like of before...

Can some good and knowledgeable member please enlighten me as to what type of plane this was and ideally, add a picture for me to compare to?

Did you see a UFO or a plane? Also, perhaps you did see an ET craft. So why automatically rule it out just yet?
edit on 11-4-2011 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

Thank you Flux, you brought to my attention a contradiction I made.

Maybe I should've said instead, that "... It was clearly a craft of terrestrial origin", as I could hear its engine(s) and I'm certain that were it to have been extra terrestrial in origin, it would not be using the same old-fashioned means of propulsion as we do.
I've seen with my own eyes UFOs before which (to me) were clearly not terrestrial ('orbs'), so I am only going by what I know. I live close to an RAF base, so get to see and hear aeroplanes and helicopters often...although this one was a first...which is another reason I must initially categorise it as a man-made vehicle, as had it not been, I'm sure those from the base would have investigated it.

Basically, it looked similar to known ['secret'] terrestrial crafts, like the TR-3B, so unless I find evidence to the contrary, I can only say that it was man-made, to my mind.

Aha! Found a picture that looks exactly like what I saw (minus the other plane of course!) and this example was seen in the UK too, albeit in 2008:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70e376007605.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's the site it's from.

Seems it could well have been the TR-3B, or variant of, after all.
Now the only question remains, what was it doing nonchalantly cruising over Suffolk!? I doubt that question will ever be answered though.

...Damn, I may have just killed my own thread!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
If it's the supposed TR-3B, then it isn't a conventional craft. They're very silent; No turbines or props.

I've seen quite a few exotic ships myself (my wife included). The closest ship I've ever seen flew directly overhead, up close and very personal. Trust me, if you see one up that close you will not mistake it for an airplane.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

To me, anything man-made that flies in a similar fashion to a regular aeroplane I call a 'plane', for want of a better descriptive. It's just a case of semantics, unless I'm not getting what you're meaning?
I didn't think it was anything conventional.

I was under the impression, from what I've read of it, that the TR-3B uses nuclear power for propulsion. Might explain the different, but very similar, sound it made to conventional craft.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Interesting...I as well as two other family members (''who told me to come see this thing'') seen something similar in description last night about
10:30pm central time here in N La.
Triangle or diamond shape. It was flying pretty low, had a different sound than the usual, almost and like a whirring but steady.
It had and extremely bright white light in the front, 2 more faint white lights at the back and on each of the ''wings'' was a fast flashing of red, red, white....then 2 second pause.
Didn't think much of it tho....the triangles are ''ours'' I believe.
Was definetly odd but

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Wow, i seen something similar two days earlier around the same time, no details, no sound though,
brightest oject in the sky, first no visible movement, then slowly flying away, in Europe as well:

Check my post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Would REALLY like to now what that was !!!

Any other sightings ?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Well, if it was a plane then it was a plane. IFO.

But if it started exhibiting unusual flying (ie-stopping on a dime and tilting down to look around, bright flashes all across it's surface like lightning or a self illuminating glow, flashing from one spot to another in the blink of an eye, absolutely no sound as it flies overhead, and so forth) well... that ain't no plane, conventional or otherwise.

And I dare say I wouldn't call it a UFO if you saw one up close. It's pretty much identified at that point; It's an exotic ship that doesn't use or need a plane of resistence to fly. It uses another effect(s) to counter gravity. When you see these things up close you will never mistake them for an airplane... ever.

About that TR3B thing, I've heard it uses nuclear fuel as well. Curious how it would be used as a propulsion system/device in our atmosphere that demonsttrates the same flight characteristics I've mentioned above.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
You can't tell though normal logic assumes that alot are our own black op crafts, in a sighting like that. A ET craft/triangle has a more unusual flight pattern, because if its ET, they want you to see this, and for some there is an indication, in the siting, along with a feeling of connection if not more. Also if it was ET, the siting involved more. There are no accidental sitings. All of this being said, some of the earth based crafts still have ETs involved, ie. co-op or hybrid program, ET or entity wearing bodysuits. Some of the crafts that seem like ours, can change, and am starting to be convinced we also have morphing crafts. ie reading on helium 4 superfluid and the moon, made me think we have some rather exotic technology ourselves, by our standards.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I think you should question about the craft if there are no airports near you, no aerial lines going out there at all time, and if that is answered by your sightin, you ahuold report an incident to the polie station near you and asked if anyone has reported something similar

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I don't think there is just one "stealth blimp" or TR3 or whatever you want to call them. Just like we don't have one size of Military jets. The problem is that people aren't hardcore enough about high fidelity documentation. If people would be fanatical about getting a good photograph then the public could finally get an idea of how many different types of craft there are. All it takes to start is one good photo, and then people like original poster here could verify if that is the same craft he saw or not.

To the original poster, if you want to help you should really push the fact that you didn't get a good picture and cement it into the minds of the readers here how important it is to GET A PICTURE.....

www.nomorestupidlights.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by alexander_delta

Usually, not always, but usually if you have a sighting (especially if it is a real close encounter) you don't have the presence of mind to run inside and grab your camera. Usually you just stand there in awe absorbing the experience in the short time that it occurs. Even people who have camera phones forget they have them at the time, their minds focusing on trying to identify what it is they're actually seeing instead.

Pictures and video are good mementos to share with your friends and family at barbecues and such but not much else. They can be doctored/hoaxed so in a sense they aren't much better than anecdotal evidence, unless you personally believe their story(s) and use them for comparison amongst yourselves. As for the vast majority of people those videos/pictures will be explained away. It doesn't mean that their explanations are correct, but because anything can be explained away it usually is.

In a way, it is better to keep your attention on the object and try to observe and mentally note as much detail as you can, then write it down immediately after. Try to find others in the area who may have seen it and try to get them to write it down, too. Exchange names and numbers. In other words, be in the moment because that short moment may be a once in a lifetime event. You wouldn't want to spend that short once in a lifetime event running through the house searching for your camera to take some video or a pic (hopefully) to corroborate your story for others who most likely won't believe you anyway, (unless of course you have a camera handy and ready by chance). In a sense that would be a waste of an extremely exciting oppertunity.

new topics

top topics

join