It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm frightened

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Things changed for me radically (to better), when I started to meditate every day. Changes can only start within. But it doens´t mean that you don´t act if you feel like it, I´ve had attended demonstrations and will do it again. But courage and peace is created within. It reminds me some documentaries about political prisoners, who are jailed and tortured because of thier beliefs and how they say with some sort of satisfaction and inner peace, that "they" have no power over them - "they" may torture, lock them up or kill them, but "they" can never do anything to change, what they believe. It´s really impressive to see things like that. It comes with experiences thought.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hey buddy. Welcome to ATS.

Don't waste your time being fearful of the future. Try and embrace opertunities and coop with change "if" you live to see the end of it, you will be a stronger person no doubt.

The fact is that there have been countless of times humanities future seemd grimm, yet we are still here.
Don't care about money it tends to get the worsed from people. Just try to make sure you have what you need to live a life without worrying about your next meal.

Life is beautiful, but you will miss out on all the beauty in fear, suspecting the worst.

I'm looking forward to the solutions you are posting here in the future.

Kind regards

~Sinter
edit on 4/10/2011 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by experiment88
I'm frightened about the radiation. I'm frightened about the economy. I'm frightened about terrorists. I'm frightened about 2012. I'm so scared of everything. But what can I do? Do I just give up on my education? Do I just give up on everything, if the world is so screwed up? I can do nothing. I'm already a slave. Will I just continue the way I'm going, on this railway line. A fixed direction to a fixed location and destination. What the hell?? I can do NOTHING. NOTHING. Will I talk about it to my friends?? No, they'll alienate me. I'll be a freak. They want their music and the games consoles. What will I do?? Me?? Who is me?? I no longer have an identity, I'm a tortured, prisoner in my own head. Is there no future?? Is there really NO future??? How can I be heard?? This board is full of all the topics, but no solutions. I'm here for solutions. WE NEED SOLUTIONS. REAL SOLUTIONS. Less chat, more action. NOW.
edit on 10-4-2011 by experiment88 because: OK, now you need to edit you post. Thanks.

The system and everything in it functions using money or currency. Trying to fight fire with fire (more money) will only lead to more of the same problems because it can always be bought by those who have more money.

To start fixing these problems we have to render money obsolete, in other words, starve the leaders of the fuel they use to keep going. Meaning people have to figure out a way to come together in ways which are mutually beneficial to everybody. It hasn't really been done in a long time so we kind of forgot how, but its easier than we think. Our fear comes from our lack of knowledge about WHAT TO DO. I have one idea at least.

A cooperative of Technical Skills. As in a Co-Op, but instead of food, it's technical skills. People would still get paid of course but the purpose of the organization itself would not be to boost profits, but to provide vital services to the community. This cooperative would be made up of people from different skill-sets. Each person would essentially be the boss of what they are good at. This organization would also be able to withstand economic shock or free-fall because there will be many skills involved, not just one or two (such as in a business). This includes construction, Electronics, Information Technology, Mechanics, Scientists, etc.

If you have enough technical people with enough skills bringing their forces together, YOU ARE INFRASTRUCTURE. You don't have to vote for anything and hope it will work out, you don't have to buy anything and hope it will work out, you will just have the technical resources to carry it out.

This cooperative would also work as an educational model, meaning that if people wanted to learn a new technical skill, they would get that experience through practical work that would be done. People would be allowed to work as much or as little as they needed to and expensive tuition would be unnecessary. Just some thoughts.

But in in any case we have to think outside the box. Our leaders think in 50 year time-spans. We would have to do something shocking to derail the train.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
calm down....enjoy every day....whats the point in beeing frighten?

you cant change it when it comes

live all day like its the last one...and welcome to ATS

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Thank you all for the responses. Some great ideas here. I will get back to you about that solutions thread you talked about.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by experiment88
Thank you all for the responses. Some great ideas here. I will get back to you about that solutions thread you talked about.

Also I shared your post with my friend and he said that you would probably get an A in english class. So...lol?

[3:36:56 PM] Spencer: I meant his thoughts. If he was given an ISU on a topic of his choice i bet he would get an A

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by experiment88

Welcome to ATS. I do hope the mods wont get mad that you lied about you age. Maybe edit that part out. Don't want you getting banned. :|

But anyways it's okay to be scarred. Just try to look on the bright side of things. Make some friends here on ATS that way if the apocalypse comes then we can at least talk about it here.

In what state do you live that you are worried about radiation?

I believe you made a fruedian slip." If the apocalypse comes then we can at least talk about it here." hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmm. I don't think you will be talking about anything if the apocalypse comes, but yet you seem that A.T.S will be up and running. reallllly.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

The way I see the apocolypse is that it will happen slowly. That events will play out before our eyes. Starting small then getting big.

Something that looks good will deceive us and will bring in the end of the world.

By the time that ATS goes down I expect to have my secret network of ATS contacts established and a meetup location decided upon.

The ATS crew will be the last known survivors.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
"Apocalypse" is a second name for Revelations, the last book in the Bible. It's supposed to bring good to the Earth. It's not something to be feared but welcomed. If you're religious. I'm not. I don't buy into that but hey, I'm just one guy.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Listen VERY CAREFULLY

edit on 10-4-2011 by Agarta because: fixed link

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
And the stereo typical shock and paranoia of taking all of this in one bite, you have to take it all in increments and not as a whole mass, it needs to be chewed and digested, you will only choke on it. Weed through it one subject at a time discovering the sequence of facts for yourself. not on a golden platter of doom.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Welcome.

Fear is one of the weakest emotions. Never let it control you. You are much better than it and no matter how bad things get, being fearful mostly wont help anyways
. Be strong, we all have hard times ahead of us

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

This is pre-programming. This tactic will not work on me. Though, i'm glad it had an effect on you. What did you learn?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
reply to post by Agarta

This is pre-programming. This tactic will not work on me. Though, i'm glad it had an effect on you. What did you learn?

I think that you misunderstood the video. Yes, the images are such that it might be thought of as subliminal, however this is not the case as I said Listen very carefully. This is the psychological process of awakening through to the understanding that you do have the power to do something, but I think that if you listened to it already you know this.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
That's odd. Why does it show that the topic creator is banned? He's only made 4 posts, all of which are still up, and his two threads are also still up.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Just keep charging ahead mate, theres nothing you can do and it keeps you occupied and your mind off it. Who knows, it might not happen.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
That's odd. Why does it show that the topic creator is banned? He's only made 4 posts, all of which are still up, and his two threads are also still up.

Likely because in his original unedited post he admitted that he was under age, which is a violation of T&C and will get you banned.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
dude, I too am young and have life ahead of me. I am 20 year old man. But let me tell you one thing. There is nothing to be afraid of, what is suppossed to happen, will happen. There is nothing you can do about it. Life is way too boring, tbh, since I graduated and got job, there is not really any motivation to live. And what is life like once you graduate? Wake up in the morning, go to work, come back, relax a little bit, then go to bed and then again. Seriously, you should be glad that something is happening, you have not missed anything. Besides that, you should be proud to be alive when things like that are happening, previous generations have not seen and experienced what we will. Just be proud and enjoy it
. I do.
Our bodies are temporary vessels for our souls. Once you die, you will reincarnate again. Our souls are here in our bodies only to learn. I believe they were forced to forget their past lives and everything to make the experience of actually living as real as possible. So, learn something from this life and dont worry about the rest.

Ok bud?

edit on 11-4-2011 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Sending you some love...
There is so much to fear, so we might as well fear nothing!

Calm yourself
Breathe
Breathe again
Feel your relaxing inside
Let it flow
Fear is only like temporary clouds crossing the beautifull blue infinite sky
Breathe
Be

Much love and compassion

Welcome my friend, seek out what makes you stronger
Lot of BS and fearmongering here on ATS
Some wisdom too
Breath
Feel yourself
You know
which
is
which

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Maybe it's a good thing E-88 was banned. If someone that young is frightened about everything in life, I really question whether he or she could've brought anything constructive to the table.

Nothing against the kid, but maybe it's better that E-88 just sit back and read what's here. And learn.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join