It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the Future according to Corning Glass Co.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This sort of reminds me of those Polular Science Clips from 50-60's
clear electronics ? pretty slick kitchen huh... enjoy.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think this should be moved to the Science and Technology forum. With that said, what happens when the power goes out? If all of your books, pictures, appliances and vehicles are electronic and someone shuts your power off what do you do? One other thing, by the time society gets to this point (and i believe it will) i'm pretty certain that everyone will be "chipped" up and money as we know it today will be long gone.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
at 3:01 - 3:07, the buzz cut guy..... is that Jack from Lost? haha. Matthew Fox, that is. Pretty sure it is!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

mmmmmMMMmmm

it really looks like transparent Aluminium with a clear cabonmicrofiber-nanotubes as a sandwich filling..

Pyrex is just too expensive for this..

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You'll be taxed each time you touch the glass. You'll be taxed to purchase it in your home and charged a tax to keep it running. A tax will be added to ensure that underprivileged children have one at school and at home. The local park board will tax you to get it on the park trail. Property tax will add 2% if it upgrades your property value. You'll be taxed to recycle it and then taxed again if you don't upgrade to a more efficient model. You'll be charged each month for the new version and if you don't update, they'll make sure it doesn't last long enough to do you any good. Your garage and attic will be filled with previous models. It will only be functional if you purchase 15 accessories and then you'll be taxed if you use the accessories anywhere else other than home. It will track every word you say and throw advertising at you, no matter where you are. If you dare think for yourself, it will stop working for you until you comply with the desired thought process. If you still refuse, it will threaten to use your information against you in a court of law. When its found that the radiation given off by the product causes cancer, a tax will be issued to pay for treatment options and new drug development. Everyone wins.

Based on our past progress toward this new day and age, it looks like the golden dawn of the new corporate technocracy.

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
This sort of reminds me of those Polular Science Clips from 50-60's
clear electronics ? pretty slick kitchen huh... enjoy.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Saw this video before. Great concept, however OLED technology can and will do most of what Corning is already envisioning.

A little more about OLED technology:

www.oled-info.com...

new topics

top topics

join