It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jill Biden Slip Up on Oprah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
well , i did a search and found nothing on this , it is a cupple of years old ,however i found it to be rather interesting

in the video she says that , Joe had the choice of being vice president or secretary of state ,

some thoughts ?

[yvid]

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

I think you are doing the link think wrong...

Edit: You fixed it.

edit on 4/10/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

Edit: No you didnt. Nvm rofl
edit on 4/10/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Here it is.
I extracted the video ID from page source on his post.

Hope that helps.

David Grouchy

p.s. check out this thread for help embedding youtube videos!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-4-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
thank you , for fixing that for me

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
i'm confused.

what's the 'slip up'?

yes, i watched the video. it would appear to me she (bidens wife) was making a 'joke' in reference to hillary(based on the laughter). But either way, why is it a 'slip up'?
edit on 10-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
the slip up is that Biden and Obama were together on the ticket, prez and vice prez.
Then after they get elected, they are suppose to choose their cabinet members... so how did he have the choice of secretary of state or vice prez when the process doesn't work like that?

It's a joke on everyone, has been for a long time, every now and then they slip up though....
One of my favorites.... "I'd call him AFTER you're elected..."

edit on 10-4-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
the slip up is that Biden and Obama were together on the ticket, prez and vice prez.
Then after they get elected, they are suppose to choose their cabinet members... so how did he have the choice of secretary of state or vice prez when the process doesn't work like that?

I'm confused. What specific law says that the President (or whoever makes these choices, ultimately) can't unofficially float ideas past certain people to see if they would want them? You say 'supposed', but that implies rules. What rules are you referencing?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Couldn't the conversation have been held BEFORE Biden was selected as Veep? If so, that would explain it well enough. No need for a conspiracy here.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

If it was before Biden was on the ticket, how do these politicians get to CHOOSE which office they want to be in way before the elections? They say that the new president and vp chooses those positions after elections, so how did Biden know who was going to be elected?

These people get together and make deals all the time, the reason Hilary dropped out of the race was because she was told she'd get secretary of state, then she was an Obama supporter all of a sudden after dogging on him for months. It's a joke, George Bush Jr., elected TWICE!!! Can't anyone else see this absurd theater performance for the people plain as day?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
well it was a slip up that's for sure.
However it was something the Dems would
rather not reveal. I do not think it is illegal
to try and get a head count of who all
would take positions if that candidate won.
I call it good planning.

However, if you give an opposing candidate
a place in your administration to drop
out of a race, then it is bribery. And there
needs to be an ethics investigation.

With that said, my biggest question is:

WHO besides Obama gave him that choice
of the 2 positions? George Soros maybe ???
DNC ??? Just WHO ???

edit on 4/10/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

If it was before Biden was on the ticket, how do these politicians get to CHOOSE which office they want to be in way before the elections?

So you are saying that they shouldn't prepare for an obvious outcome?

They say that the new president and vp chooses those positions after elections,
While that may be the case(?) you are implying that they somehow never consider the possible cabinet positions earlier than that? I hope you can see the absurdity of such an approach. That's like saying you dont know who you want to pick for your kickball team before recess starts.

These people get together and make deals all the time, the reason Hilary dropped out of the race was because she was told she'd get secretary of state, then she was an Obama supporter all of a sudden after dogging on him for months. It's a joke, George Bush Jr., elected TWICE!!! Can't anyone else see this absurd theater performance for the people plain as day?

be that as it may, your video clip is not evidence of this.
edit on 10-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

However, my biggest question is:

WHO besides Obama gave him that choice
of the 2 positions? George Soros maybe ???
DNC ??? Just WHO ???

The hidden hands make the orders and it trickles down to those we see like Soros and the Builderbergers. They don't really care who gets in the office, all of the players agree to the terms and conditions of the office positions, then they are spot lighted to the public while those who are decent people get no TV time or coverage at all.
We get a choice of the left or right head on the same bird, no other birds are allowed into their (s)elections. If you don't get funded and lots of TV time, you don't get anywhere, and no one knows you're running... unless you do ads on Youtube.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The hidden hands make the orders and it trickles down to those
we see like Soros and the Builderbergers.

so wouldn't that be proof that TPTB control
the elections ???

So why do we vote ???

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

We vote because we're slow and slightly retarded pretty much. People who don't believe these elections are fair at all don't vote, it only encourages them. It's their system not ours, and their people get in office, all blood related by coincidence of course, and they keep the same agendas going year after year despite whose face we see as president. JFK was our last best hope for turning it around, now he's been made an example to any politician in that office who dares to defy their orders.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

This is the way I understood it when I heard this years ago. Obama was choosing either Biden or Hillary as his running-mate. Not much of a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

If that was the case, then he was only HOPING for vice prez or secretary of state. His wife said he had the choice of which office he wanted, you could take that both ways but knowing the system if completely rigged, she meant that he had the choice as in the job was confirmed.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I see your point and that is the way I understood it, but being a conspiracy theorist, yes, I would have to agree that he was given a choice, with the understanding that Obama was guaranteed to win.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

The hidden hands make the orders and it trickles down to those
we see like Soros and the Builderbergers.

so wouldn't that be proof that TPTB control
the elections ???

So why do we vote ???

"Proof"?

Unless the real lie those "PTB" feed us is that voting doesnt matter, so you better stay home and be an internet Patriot.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

The after you are elected one isn't really a slip. You could say that to a candidate to show confidence in them.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It's a joke on everyone, has been for a long time, every now and then they slip up though....
One of my favorites.... "I'd call him AFTER you're elected..."

It's not a slip-up and I'm pretty sure it was well known that Obama was considering Biden for Sec. State before he made his VP decision. Those running for President usually have their lists of potential appointees long before they get elected, probably before they even start running for their nomination. There is nothing that says how that choice is made. The VP need not be involved in that selection process, it's solely up to the President who he chooses for Cabinet positions. The VP has no constitutionally mandated duties or powers save replacing the President if something happens to him, presiding as President of the Senate and casting a deciding vote if the Senate vote on a bill is tied.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join