It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 UFOs - Oahu Hawaii 4-8-2011 over Makua military reservation.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I love a decent is it/or isn't it a hoax vid. The games afoot, like cat and mouse. Spotting the faults, the techiques used. Jolly good exciting stuff.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
First time poster

Long time gamer here. I watched the video and just had to register to post comment. Watched in 720p. I agree with the above posts about the camera tracking, movement, zooming, I can say without a doubt this video is debunked as fake. If it wasn't for the foreground landscape. i agree it would be somewhat difficult to validate the authenticity of this video. From the first 2 seconds of watching the video i recognized it as a game/simulator footage. I'm going to say this video was made using arma2 or flight simulator. With as others have suggested the orbs edited in. Why do i believe this to be true? The treeline on the horizon lacks natural complexity with parts floating in mid air. At 0:03 seconds in the whole river lights up (reflections glitch out ) up which is a common glitch in real time rendering in games. And if you pause at the same time when the 2 objects rise over the horizon/treeline, if you look to the right of the rightward object, on the treeline you can observe a patch of leaves floating in mid air in a gap. Despite the pixelation and blurring i see lots of "jaggies" or lack of smooth edges due to no anti aliasing. Also at 7:44 the cloud structure to the right of the sun along the bottom edge texture pop in is evident where at 7:46 small areas of the cloud disappear. This is another artifact from limited gpu rendering due to draw distance limitations. I will try and source some info on these 3d artifacts and glitches in another response to back up my claims. Right now i am saying this from experience playing pc games and this video would be quite easy to make using the editors that come with games.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Fake.

Also, good idea to check out the UTuber's channel, see the other videos:

www.youtube.com...

This one sure likes the hoaxes! Oh, and the "chem"-trails, too! All of that is circumstantial evidence of their intent.....but, as mentioned, a Red Alert should flash when comments are disabled!!

And, I see that the OP video is also already "mirrored" by another UTuber, there......interesting, who went first?

edit....ahhhh, just checked. www.youtube.com...

"DavidLTG" is the first poster, apparently...not the other person. Watch the video link above.....text in red box in corner:

"This video is made by DavidLTG and cannot be copied at any other site"

DavidLTG posted on the 8th, and Everlookup, on the 9th! Fishier and fishier, ehh??
edit on 10 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

Originally posted by roughycannon

I seriously dont get why certain people can't spot these straight away, its so obvious to me when I see these things.

and what certain people would that be...like the rest of us commenting on this video ???

can you dis-mantle this video and find out what layers have been added...as untill that is done,we can only speculate on this....i appreciate your view on this thread...but please try not to label me or others because we like to digest combined though over this footage untill proven to be fake..which you haven't done yet...

thanks
TheMaverick

Not to be mean but there are tons of videos on here like this that have been debunked, maybe I have an eye for them as I have seen so many but a static background pic UFO is easy to spot and unfortunately the video in the OP is one of these

If you are not sure how these are done check out this video

Although the video in the OP is of better quality than the vid I embeded if you know what to look for you can easily spot these fakes a mile off.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

thank you for putting the time in to explain this for me..i'm new to this and it came up on my youtube channel,and at first glance it looked out of this world.

and after checking out more of this youtube uploader's videos..i'm sideing on this being a fake,as some of his/her's uploads are outrageous.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Fake.

Also, good idea to check out the UTuber's channel, see the other videos:

www.youtube.com...

This one sure likes the hoaxes! Oh, and the "chem"-trails, too! All of that is circumstantial evidence of their intent.....but, as mentioned, a Red Alert should flash when comments are disabled!!

yes..i just watched the one you posted..kind of killed the credibility of the uploader with that video it was just outrageous,and fake beyond belief..

from now on,i shall take more time to investigate the person or people behide the uploads..before i post.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by hederahelix

I hate to say it, but that blinking to me almost makes it seem as if they are being projected. Like laser beams being projected onto the clouds or something. Although I did watch carefully, and they did manage to cross blue sky and some point.

I kinda wonder though, is this Project Blue Beam type stuff? Something about the "ufos" really did give me a gut level feeling that they were projections, not actual objects. Even the way they moved made me think of playing with my cat with a laser pointer. Except instead of me making the beam act like a mouse, the person controlling it was trying to make it act like an "alien craft."

I dont know. Just a thought.

I kept wondering why he never zoomed in. Everybody tries to zoom in when filming a UFO... but not this guy. It was his not zooming in which made me suspicious. So I think that I'm going to have my doubts about this particular footage.
edit on 10-4-2011 by hederahelix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

No problem! but its worth posting stuff anyway as I have never seen that vid before and you just never know...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well,
This would be an awesome video!....................... if it was real.

Took about 10-15 seconds to come to a pretty comfortable decision on it being fake.

Still watched the whole thing...
and it is rather "decent" for a youtube fake.. lol
But it just screams "CGI" to me.

He could have made it a bit more believable if he had done a few things differently though.

Anyway, was a cool watch! lol
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

Does it behave like these? Going all over and blinking and stuff? Or does yours go in a pretty straight line like its on a mission?

Edit to add, and how long is it visible for at a time? A long time like these? Or does it come and go pretty quick?
edit on 10-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)
It doesn't travel very fast maybe 150 - 250 mph just guessing it comes and goes just like if it was on a mission flying strait when it turns it's a smooth curve not a sharp 45 no noise at all. In the summer time it's in the day time around 19:00 - 20:00 hrs give or take a few minutes. You can see this thing coming high up out of the west depending on if there are clouds or not and your looking in the same direction of the sun about three or four miles out but up about maybe 5000 feet descending to about 150 - 200 feet then coming over the town and making it's turn to the north east and you can watch it stay on that path tell you can't see it anymore it's harder to see it coming out of the west because its hard to no right where to look for it. The pictures I'm getting ready to add are taken about 20:00 hrs. the 3 day in a row on 09/09/2009 when I first started seeing it.

edit on 10-4-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)
not sure if I did this right? I took them with a Canon power shot and I can't tell you why the pictures of it have the tails because I wasn't moving around that much?

edit on 11/4/11 by masqua because: Edit by request

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Does no one believe that this was made using a simulator? Even the palm tree's in the beginning on the left corner is made up of 2 dimensional sprites crossed together to give 3d illusion. The clouds do not refract light. and the lighting is far from natural for a sunrise/sunset. Haven't seen any responses to my post. Disappointing since that was my first contribution. Guess i will stick to reading..

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
yea it does look fake

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think this one is fake.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

Does it behave like these? Going all over and blinking and stuff? Or does yours go in a pretty straight line like its on a mission?

Edit to add, and how long is it visible for at a time? A long time like these? Or does it come and go pretty quick?
edit on 10-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)
Thanks to masqua who told me how to upload these here are some of the pictures I took as the one I've seen went over and like I said before I'm not sure why it looks like a knot I was not moving when I took them [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f55c39e17462.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba2a444905f3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bdb98af43cd0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88ce0054ad14.jpg[/atsimg]
right click and select view to see the hole picture

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i usually believe when i see these type of videos but this one looks really fake, like the lights are not even in the sky.
edit on 10-4-2011 by manticorex5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It's fake. Look at it...the objects in question(not even going to call them ufo's) are literally coming off of the screen. It looks like the old days of filming a supposed moving car, only instead it's just the background moving.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Notice that at 7:12 he pulls back and pans to the right as if in anticipation of the "orbs" gaining speed and moving that way...too convenient...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
so its all agreed...it's fake...

so we can put this video in the debunked folder...

thanks all for your input.

TheMaverick.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
it just so happened he was video taping in the right spot at the right time...

to just randomly be video taping the mountain side to me seems like a tourist thing to do so if a tourist was video taping this the chances are great that theres another tourist video taping the same area.

there is definitely enough time to grab a camera so theres got to be another vid if this is real.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
If you take a look at the vid and go straight to 3:10, you will notice the crafts starting to blink in and out. You will notine distortion as they disappear. Looks very fake and almost remins me of the original Star Wars on VHS where you can see were it's edited with little squares around the Tie-Fighters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join