It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 map made with SAT photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I have made an area 51 terrain for the game Delta Force: Task Force Dagger it will also run on Delta Force: Land Warrior.. Once i have worked out the bugs and perfected it i will send it to checkpointdelta.com for them to host. Here is a screen for you guys to take a look. I am parachuting onto the terrain (a color pic would be great!)

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
That's an old old photo, that's the April 2000 IKONOS shot, very poor quality at that.

Here's one taken in 2003, colour and has more detail.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
yeah right after i made it i found that image online.. I have replaced the B&W image with the color one.. looks alot better.. I am still working with it to get the best possible terrain. Thanks. also if the image above doesn't show up here is the url: www.geocities.com/eassasin1025/area51.bmp and
www.geocities.com/eassasin1025/area512.bmp

[edit on 27-7-2004 by eassasin]

[edit on 27-7-2004 by eassasin]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Good Job on the Image, if you want to see what we have dug up on Area 51 you should check out the Area 51 group in the Research forum

Fred

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea making this a video game map. But whats the scinario. I doubt terrorists are going to capture Groom Lake.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
well what i made really isn't a map for the game.. its a terrain that you can open in the map editor(comes with game) and add buildings and objects. The idea was to take the 2D SAT images and add some depth to them and see them in a different way. and it is kind of interesting to come in on parachute and the base is streached out infront of you. Also for some reason im having some problems with the URL of my images.. sometimes they don't work. Im sorry for those who go there and no image shows.. i did have a .com site but now i have to use geocities for online storage LOL. Hoping to buy a web server soon so i can upload all my projects onto. Thanks guys

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Is that 2003 shot 1-meter? Excellent job on the photo.

I�ve never used the DF map editor. How (and how well) does it interpret the satellite photos? They aren�t the white-high/black low type of height maps that I�ve used to make terrain in other editors. Or are you just using it to get a general layout of the base?

I bet that level is HUGE. That is one long runway. How long does it take you to get from one end to the other?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
well the map editor doesn't let you build the terrains. They just let you use there terrains and you just place objects on it. What i have done was make a custom terrain. like what you said (white/high black/low) height map. I just made a black(flat) terrain and i used the SAT image as the terrains texture. I was surprised how well the image came out in the game. I use photoshop and paintshop to make my terrains. 2 of my terrains are hosted at checkpointdelta.com once i figure out some things i will try and get this one hosted on the site. I am soon going to put a blackhawk helicopter on the map and make a flight path for it so i can take a trip over and around the base.. should be fun lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by para
I bet that level is HUGE. That is one long runway. How long does it take you to get from one end to the other?

The lakebed according to USGS topo maps is about 3 miles by 4 miles or so. For a detailed analysis of the groom lake topos, see the Area 51 Group in the research forum

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Nice job on the photo. A game based on the map of Area 51 sounds really interesting!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Nice Picture
Did you notice on the top left hand side it looks like they have their very own baseball diamond.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
They do indeed, its been there since the 60's. Sam's Place is the bar and recreation area right by that baseball diamond. They have tennis courts and probably a swimming pool as well. Which is a good thing, its hot there.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MPJay
They do indeed, its been there since the 60's. Sam's Place is the bar and recreation area right by that baseball diamond. They have tennis courts and probably a swimming pool as well. Which is a good thing, its hot there.

And you can run on the runway in the mornings...

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eassasin
I have made an area 51 terrain for the game Delta Force: Task Force Dagger it will also run on Delta Force: Land Warrior.. Once i have worked out the bugs and perfected it i will send it to checkpointdelta.com for them to host. Here is a screen for you guys to take a look. I am parachuting onto the terrain (a color pic would be great!)

yoooooooooooo am doing the same thing with 3D games studio trying to build the base up !!!! am also working from same photo ! hey i got the 2 meter map

new topics

top topics

join