It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopters shooting flares over my place? Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't know why it didn't come to me sooner to post this here. Maybe someone has some answers for me.

About 2 weeks ago, there 3 helicopters that flew over my apartment complex & shot a flare right above us. The weather was total cloud cover, the time was about 5pm, so there was still light outside. There is a nursing home next to us & I found it odd that:

1.) 3 helicopters are flying with each other.
2.) One of the helicopters shot off a flare above our apartment complex, & basically the nursing home, too.
3.) For 2 years I have lived here & there have been almost daily fly overs by helicopters that will be so loud I can feel the vibration in the floor & walls. It also sounds like thunder crashing from above.
4.) Many times I have seen military planes fly over, along with privately-owned planes. One day I saw a helicopter that is used to take troops over seas!! You know, the huge air craft with 2 sets of propellers on the top!
5.) I live in a small town, by the lake & it is also a retirement community, where many people live on the lake in house boats. I live along the forest line & there is plenty of forest for all, trust me. There are also a lot of caves here too.

With those points being made, I wonder, why would 3 helicopters being flying over my place, shooting off flares, & the other air traffic consist of personal planes & military choppers.

Could there be a military base nearby? Or are they signaling for "someone" to check out "this area"?? Any ideas?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
maybe they we to make sure they didnt hit each other or your building?

maybe they no you are on ATS and so were effing with you.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AnitaCigarette

Could have just been a military exercise , It sounds like there is a base near you.
Do you have any large areas of greenery close by?
Could have been human error, "oops finger slipped" flair goes off.

I'm not sure where you live but often helicopters fly over checking for drugs (heat checking through roofs, looking for uv lights growing drugs)

Have you checked flight paths online? they are relatively easy to find and might shed some light onto this for you.

Hopefully something I wrote will help even a little (:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

They weren't flying tightly together. & they were flying plenty high up from us. There would be no danger.

I appreciate your sarcasm. It offered me no answer.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RobbWonder

Yes, there is nothing but miles of forest next to my apartment. The town I live is located in the mountains & next to a man-made lake. That does sound right. There are a lot of weed growers in these hills & I wouldn't be surprised if there was a drug sting going on. I have heard of this Heat-Checking before. But typically someone would be hanging from the chopper with an apparatus to check. As a teenager, when I lived in a different town & my home was also in the mountains, we would see these drug helicopters flying over & there would be a person hanging from it.

I didn't see anyone hanging from the chopper, but I'd assume that hopefully they don't have to do that anymore, thanks to technological advances.
edit on 10-4-2011 by AnitaCigarette because: *added a sentence

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Maybe Shady Acres is the new hideout for E.T's , the military would never think of looking there
seriously , the military is probably doing some exercises in your area , or it could be the police helicopters doing exercises ....I live deep in the sticks and police and military helicopters fly by all the time, and the base is well over 50 miles from my place.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I came in hoping to see a thread about this guy:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/49b3af584860.jpg[/atsimg]

Seriously though, possibly a man hunt type situation? Flares would allow light to be up in the air for a little bit while also allowing ground teams access to light over a broader area than just a single searchlight.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

But here's the ticker: It's almost daily! Even in the dead of winter. The paths don't stay the same either.
& I can't find any information on bases in the immediate vicinity.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggyMcBigPants
Seriously though, possibly a man hunt type situation? Flares would allow light to be up in the air for a little bit while also allowing ground teams access to light over a broader area than just a single searchlight.

There was still plenty of daylight outside. We could clearly see them, so I would assume they could clearly see the ground. Aside from heavy cloud cover, there was plenty of light passing thru.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

So flares just that once or each time they fly over?

If just the once, perhaps these are evacs from the old folks home? Taking them to some area hospital? The single flare instance could be some bored dude in a helicopter lettin' off steam (and flares!!). Hell, I would shoot flares off randomly given the opportunity and availability. Flares are awesome!

I live at the beach and coast guard flies over all the time, multiple times a day. Now, I doubt you have many surfers there so it is not likely the CG

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Where abouts in Russia do you live? This may make a difference (btw nice to have Russians posting on ATS
)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

This is the only time I have seen them shoot off a flare, but there could have been many other occasions. It's not often I run outside to look at the helicopters. My girlfriend was outside looking at the choppers, because this is the first time she even noticed the noise & when she went out she caught sight of a flare being shot off. She yelled for me to come outside & I ran to see it.

lol, no surfers here! Just old people floating their last days away on the lake. There wasn't an evacuation for the nursing home. They have ambulances there already & a hearse always sitting in the lot, too. (very grim, IMO) Almost like an advertisement, HAHA!

I DID find this just now:

US Army Corps of Engineers is located nearby. Could this be the cause of all the fly overs?
edit on 10-4-2011 by AnitaCigarette because: *added some info

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I live in America. I only post Russia as my home, because it asks for a location & I love Russian culture & it's no ones business where I live anyways. I live in South Central, North America, to give you an idea.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

It could be the forestry commission flying over .

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hey I saw his thread and I have a friend that has a similar situation, I've actually bare witness to it a few times. In her case they are black unmarked helicopters. They will at times stay over her house for upwards of 15 minutes I'm told.

A few things to consider... (not to be captain obvious, but sometimes the simplest answers are over looked)

A) do you live near a small/medium size airport or rich housing? Personal helicopter...

B) do you live near a hospital

C) do you live near a military base?

D) now this might be a long shot, but my friend I was referring to was showing a great deal of interest for employment with the CIA... after applying numerous times and volunteering for some strange control groups these helicopters started messing with her. She swears it is related and I'm not one to totally disregard another persons theories even if I'm not totally sold on it.

So, have you applied for any CIA or 3 letter positions so-to-speak recently?

top topics

join