It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook & google: A Skinner box trains under-valueing your privacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I found this wonderful video article explaining how Facebook teaches us to undervalue our privacy:

A Skinner box that trains you to under-value your privacy: how do we make kids care about online privacy?

He is dead on accurate here.

A skinner box randomly reinforces behavior to make the subject continually repeat the action you want them to perform. In this case it is the governments and big businesses (increasingly synonymous) desire to have total invasion into your life for control and manipulation.

You voluntarily give away your privacy for nothing in return. If you can not realize how wrong this is it shows the level of indoctrination our society has imbued into your psyche.

There are whole agencies who are dedicated to finding out this information and plenty of links showing that these agencies are deeply connected with both Facebook and google. There are plenty of articles on this connection here on ATS.

The IAO in particular not only monitors, but actively engages in changing the dialogue, aka "truth management" along with Psy Ops which was recently busted for working on our congressmen but have been involved in actively controlling the media for a long time.

Collaboration and sharing over TCP/IP networks across agency boundaries
Large, distributed repositories with dynamic schemas that can be changed interactively by users
Foreign language machine translation and speech recognition
Biometric signatures of humans
Real time learning, pattern matching and anomalous pattern detection
Entity extraction from natural language text
Human network analysis and behavior model building engines
Event prediction and capability development model building engines
Structured argumentation and evidential reasoning
Story telling, change detection, and truth maintenance
Business rules sub-systems for access control and process management
Biologically inspired algorithms for agent control
Other aids for human cognition and human reasoning

darpa.mil/iao/
Combine this with Psy Ops who strait up say they will control the media and "truth mainenance" and you get a true picture to what is going on in our country:

MindWar has nothing to do with deception or even with “selected” - and therefore misleading - truth. Rather it states a whole truth that, if it does not now exist, will be forced into existence by the will of the United States.

MindWar.pdf

The U.S. Army illegally ordered a team of soldiers specializing in “psychological operations” to manipulate visiting American senators into providing more troops and funding for the war, Rolling Stone has learned – and when an officer tried to stop the operation, he was railroaded by military investigators.

The orders came from the command of Lt. Gen. William Caldwell, a three-star general in charge of training Afghan troops – the linchpin of U.S. strategy in the war. Over a four-month period last year, a military cell devoted to what is known as “information operations” at Camp Eggers in Kabul was repeatedly pressured to target visiting senators and other VIPs who met with Caldwell. When the unit resisted the order, arguing that it violated U.S. laws prohibiting the use of propaganda against American citizens, it was subjected to a campaign of retaliation.

“My job in psy-ops is to play with people’s heads, to get the enemy to behave the way we want them to behave,” says Lt. Colonel Michael Holmes, the leader of the IO unit, who received an official reprimand after bucking orders. “I’m prohibited from doing that to our own people. When you ask me to try to use these skills on senators and congressman, you’re crossing a line.”

psy ops workign on senators

And just FYI, here is the IAO's badge, not that this would make you the least bit suspicious...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c63194a49c5.png[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Great points.

I wonder how many here at ATS who rail about the 'NWO' readily give out information about themselves online?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this.

S+F

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Great points.

I wonder how many here at ATS who rail about the 'NWO' readily give out information about themselves online?

I have a facebook still but I use it knowing that TPTB are watching me; now that I'm out of high school I don't really even like using it, but i keep it because i use it to spread information to the people on my friends list. Probably like 95% of them are all in the dark to about everything going on and I figured that since facebook is something all of them live on still that they'd see my stuff and look at it every now and again.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
My kids beg me daily to make a facebook page. I know it's a way to get info but according to this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... I'm giving it out info on every website I go to even ATS so why should I worry about it if there is no way around it and really I'm not hiding anything?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

Everyone has to make their own decisions and own up the the responsibilities of their actions.

Indoctrinating you into such hopelessness is just another tactic.

Dystopian socities are made from such logic as you just espoused.

We do have power to change, we must provoke awareness and be the catalyst for change. We are awake to it, we must awaken those around us. If everyone on ATS changes one persons mind, and those people change one persons mind... it grows exponentially.

Also be aware that govenment agents are on social netwoking sights and even have dummy accounts as refernced in teh IAO link above:

Biologically inspired algorithms for agent control

Here is a whole thread on it:
ats thread: Army of Fake Social Media Friends to Promote Propaganda
The US does britian and other countries, and those other countries do the US. Easy way to get around that "we dont' work in the US lie... they can technically tell the truth and lie at the same time. And how would you even classify a site such as ATS which works in multiple countries? They have plenty of room for play but there will certainly be british and australian intelligence here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

just make a fake identity. there is no reason you need to give facebook your 'real' info.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Piano,

This is great information! Its true, I believe that there is a conditioning of sorts...
to train people to let go of their privacy.

Many might chime in and counter with the opinion that there is no such thing as privacy in
todays online world. While there is some truth there, no reason to post our whole lives on line
for the world to see.

I am very suprised to see many "intelligent" adults I know post so much of thier lives on
facebook. IMO is actually very dangerous.

There are many predators out there, criminals, and government agenices that should never
have access to personal sensitive information, yet on Facebook its just handed over like
an open front door.

Then there is the financial aspect of it...Facebook & Goldman Sachs; Banking On Your Lifes Story

That just scratches the surface, not even touching the employer employee relationship.
edit on 10-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Absolutely, and your not talking hypotheticals:
link

The American Civil Liberties Union has taken up the cause of a Maryland man who was forced to cough up his Facebook password during a job interview with the Department of Corrections in that state.
According to an ACLU letter sent to the Maryland Department of Corrections, the organization requires that new applicants and those applying for recertifications give the government “their social media account usernames and personal passwords for use in employee background checks.”
The ACLU calls this policy “a frightening and illegal invasion of privacy” and I can’t say that I disagree. Keep in mind that this isn’t looking at what you’ve posted to a public Twitter account; the government agency here could look through private Facebook messages, which seems a lot like reading through your mail, paper or digital.

Not to mention your cell phones:
cnn link

Ruling lets California police search your phone without a warrant

January 05, 2011|By Amy Gahran, Special to CNN

On Monday, a California court ruled that police in that state can search the contents of an arrestee's cell phone.
If you get arrested in California, better hope there are no incriminating texts or e-mails or sensitive data stored on your phone.

On Monday, the California Supreme Court ruled that police in that state can search the contents of an arrested person's cell phone.

We need to have a privacy backlash and take back the lost ground. We truly are becoming a land of sheeple taking everything... lost in our mindless television crap.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ea6026a0c90.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Oh, thats outrageous "forced to cough up his password to facebook" ?
Hey, if you dont have a "facebook" account, you cant be asked about it.

Google is bad enough. Its free, and you dont have to create an account, you can find
tons of information just on Google.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I only use startpage now, not google.

Startpage does not log your ip address or keep a record of your searches. It even has a proxy service so if you search for something you can click "proxy" and the website will only see startpage, not you.

It integrates into your browser so you can replace google, bing, etc...

You can use it to search for videos, images etc just like google.

You can also use it to search ATS. Click "advanced" then in the "at this domain name" put in "www.abovetopsecret.com" and then you can search ats privately also.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Smart move with Smartpage.

Facebooks new facial recognition feature...very scary.

Imagine plugging a face into Google, and hitting the search button.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
People who use Facebook will always justify it and insist that they are getting something in return, that being a perceived ease of social contact, and the convenience of not having to go to any effort to maintain contact with friends and family. You know how fast food is so popular in modern society? It's because it's cheap, easy, and people don't have to wait for anything and are given an immediate sense of gratification. Same deal with social networking, and google.

Privacy has been completely devalued. People begin throwing bits of away in order to gain a brief gratification, then they need more, so bit by bit they lose all sense of privacy and therefore freedom - in fact, I don't think they even care.

It reminds of that Aesop fable I read when I was young... (well actually I still like reading these stories, they have very important messages, but I digress).
The story goes that a stray dog, ownerless, homeless and hungry, wanders into a town one night. In the town he meets another dog, well fed with a glossy coat and in high spirits. He asks this town dog, "Why is it that you are so sleek and healthy, while I must struggle daily just to keep starvation at bay?"

The town dog replies, "I have a master who feeds me well, and takes care of my every want and need. You should join me, I'm sure my master would be pleased with your presence!"

The stray readily agrees, and begins to accompany his newfound companion to the master's abode. As they walk, however, the stray notices a strange mark upon the town dog's neck.

"What is that there on your neck?" he asks.

"Well," said the town dog, "That is from where my master puts a collar on me and chains me up during the day, for some of the townspeople are afraid of me, you see."

Shocked and disgusted, the stray halts and glares at the town dog.

"What trickery is this?" he exclaims. "Truly, I would rather starve than submit to such an imprisonment! If this is the way you live in this town, then I will nothing more to do with you! For sure, it is better to starve in freedom than to be fat in confinement!"

That story says it all. There is no point in selling yourself for a transient comfort. If only people would learn these age old lessons.
edit on 10-4-2011 by DeepThoughtCriminal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join