It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin Continues to Increase in Size

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Comet Honda is nothing to worry about. It has an orbital period of 5.25 years and we have known about it since 1948, so we have had a lot of opportunities to observe it. The .06 AU is also nothing new. This is the same distance it was from Earth in 2006 when it last passed by.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Yes thank you, I got the alignment date and closest date confused. Everybody keeps commenting on my typo and no one has said anything about the meat of my post. I find that disheartening.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Yeah, but will Honda be effected by Elenin?
elenin.org scroll down to the second projection of orbits.
I don't get into this stuff too much, but it seems possible a variable like that could have an effect.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hereitcomesskippy
Comet Elenin will be approaching us from the constellation Leo.

Complete misrepresentation of the actual situation.
It would be more accurate to say that Comet Elenin was approaching from the direction of Virgo, and will *temporarily* be in the same direction as Leo from about April to June, but not before, and not after, and not ever again.

Also, the Orion stars / Egyptian pyramid thing is comple bollox as well. Be happy to discuss that in another thread if you wish to start one (although I suspect without looking that it has come up in ATS before now).

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I just checked the orbital diagrams and they come nowhere near each other. The only point I can find their orbits intersecting is between Mercury and Venus. Honda will pass this point a few days prior to Elenin. And even if that weren't the case Elenin is above the Earth at this point and Honda is below the Earth.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hereitcomesskippy

Yes thank you, I got the alignment date and closest date confused. Everybody keeps commenting on my typo and no one has said anything about the meat of my post. I find that disheartening.

Well I will say, the fact that certain alignments with the earth, sun, and comet Elenin have correlated with the japan and chile quakes, there may be reason for concern during the next alignment, on Sept. 26th.

That being said I find it hard to believe that a comet's gravitational pull is strong enough to trigger quakes on earth. So unless it is HUGE or something else entirely, I think the correlation is only a conscience.

In either case, comet Elenin will be much closer to us in the following months so we should have a much better look at it.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
In 1962, 8 planets were aligned in the summer time in the northern hemisphere, while chased by my brother I jumped through the back screen door glass, you know any sane little kid would not do that, it must have been caused by a gravitational pull from relatively small bodies in space millions of miles away, (or my big brother locked the door that just usually flew open).

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I thought it was interesting how on September 19, 2011, "Comet 45P/Honda"/"Comet Elenin(C/2010 X1)"/Asteroid "2005 YU55" will all be exactly .505 AU from Earth making an "Equidistant".

Equidistant: Same distance apart at every point.

What could this mean?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spydrbyte25
I thought it was interesting how on September 19, 2011, "Comet 45P/Honda"/"Comet Elenin(C/2010 X1)"/Asteroid "2005 YU55" will all be exactly .505 AU from Earth making an "Equidistant".

Equidistant: Same distance apart at every point.

What could this mean?

Well, that's a blatant lie, because Elenin is .523 AU away, YU55 is .513 AU away, and Honda is .492 AU away.

Oops.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hereitcomesskippy

Actually there is another theory relative to alignment of the pyramids.......

www.viewzone.com...

This fall is going to bring us one heck of a show! I am really looking forward to it, and to the meteor showers it may produce for years to come!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join