It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Forgetting something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I have been assigned to travel to several Emergency Rooms recently, and I can't get over what I have been observing. But first let me give you an idea of their locations. These hospitals are from South Bend, Indiana, to Dayton, Ohio, to Lexington, Kentucky, to Knoxville, Tennessee, to Atlanta, Georgia, and Tallahassee, Florida.
In each location, I have observed dedicated, professional, college educated staff, performing their life saving duties impeccability. However, when it came time for some conversation, like between patients, or during break, these people had difficulty remembering the names of places that they had visited, or titles of movies that they have watched. For me, this is not normal and something that I noticed happening within the last three months. I'm just wondering if any one else has witnessed the same phenomenon.
edit on 10-4-2011 by Violater1 because: I forgot how to spell

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well for me specifically, I have always had trouble remembering names or especially movie names. But if I think about it for a few minutes, I will almost always figure it out just gotta look through the old file cabinet of my brain.

But personally I have not had any memory lapses that I am aware of beyond the typical types of forgetfulness that I have always generally encountered (especially with movie names and actor names).

I have heard a few people on ATS in the last few days mention that they noticed a lot of people around them forgetting basic simple things recently though.

Interesting reports in relation to this possible phenomena. Thanks for letting me know about your observations, I will think about it and talk to some people around town and see what their memory is like and see if there is anything out of the ordinary in my geographic location.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

My Dad called it a family trait, others call it senility.
Good thing though, i know i am my fathers child.

Maybe folks just get so wound up in their professional lives that they push back their personal.
Shame that would be.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

My Dad called it a family trait, others call it senility.
Good thing though, i know i am my fathers child.

Maybe folks just get so wound up in their professional lives that they push back their personal.
Shame that would be.

Perhaps.
But I have been in medicine since 1977. I have also worked with military pilots, submariners, and infantry, and during the last 3 to 4 months, I have never seen so much forgetfulness in my career.
I would like to hear from other members around the country to see if they are experiencing the same thing.
Regards,
Violater1

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Truthfully when i forget i just chock it up to...well who knows, but...
With reporters on television starting to talk gibberish all of a sudden and with people having lapses in their memory as you say, Maybe we are reaching "The Tower of Babel" 2.0 or if this happens every so many years maybe it could be 4.0 or 7.0 who knows?
If it's worth mentioning, it's worth looking into.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Truthfully when i forget i just chock it up to...well who knows, but...
With reporters on television starting to talk gibberish all of a sudden and with people having lapses in their memory as you say, Maybe we are reaching "The Tower of Babel" 2.0 or if this happens every so many years maybe it could be 4.0 or 7.0 who knows?
If it's worth mentioning, it's worth looking into.

I have my own suspicions, and they do not look good.
Btw, nice dog

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
In my family, we call it CRS, or Can't Remember $#!+ syndrome. I have noticed that my husband's CRS has been greatly amplified lately, because he keeps scheduling things during times I specifically ask him not to. I have been getting times and dates wrong for things I'm scheduled to do or places I'm scheduled to be...but I just figure it is because I am extremely busy this time of year.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

My mom was just hospitalized for having horrible memory for the past 2 weeks. They have ran every single test you can imagine, and have found nothing. For instance, she drove to the grocery store about 4 blocks away from my house, only to walk home. I asked her why she walked, she said she couldnt find her keys. But her keys were in her hand, and she has barely been making any sense at all. My personal theory is that it could be HAARP's high frequencies that are causing this. But who knows?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Maybe broken sleep/irregular sleep/shift work is responsible ?

It's claimed these will seriously affect short term memory, etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

This is so weird. I live in norway and i have been experiencing the same thing. Since im under 30 i dont think im senile either.

ITs so weird. Forgetting words, etc. Stuff i know. This is a sign of cancer, but due to family sickhistory i recently checked and i dont have a tumor or anything like it.

This is not normal, i actually feel kind of retarded at times..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I have been very forgetful as of late, and this is something new for me. Not sure why though. However, I am a Registered Nurse and know exactly how stressful the position is. It requires you to process and remember massive amounts of information at once--doctors orders, vital signs, observations of patients and their conditions, is there a trend in the vital signs or observations that may indicate the patient is about to "go bad", medications, dosage calculations, requests by patients and their family members, the list goes on.

Perhaps, if you asked these same questions during a less stressful time they would have no trouble recalling what it is you are asking them. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I would say that it is information overload. We have gone from having a couple dozen acquaintances to thousands of cyper pals. Hollywood is putting out around 4 times the number of movies per year than in the 70's and if you add the indy and foreign movies that's even more to remember. News is also richer. We are getting more info from around the globe. I think all of these are straining the old filing system.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Here is a recent thread on other members that are experiencing the same thing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Talked to some more people at work today, and they agree. It feels like something is different.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
I have been very forgetful as of late, and this is something new for me. Not sure why though. However, I am a Registered Nurse and know exactly how stressful the position is. It requires you to process and remember massive amounts of information at once--doctors orders, vital signs, observations of patients and their conditions, is there a trend in the vital signs or observations that may indicate the patient is about to "go bad", medications, dosage calculations, requests by patients and their family members, the list goes on.

Perhaps, if you asked these same questions during a less stressful time they would have no trouble recalling what it is you are asking them. Just my opinion.

Have you tried asking your co-workers and patients the same questions?

top topics

join