It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP's War on Women

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Maybe with the health care reform it wont be as necessarry anymore. Why should money be dumped on a facilty that screens only one gender and only for certain things? Better spend it for more inclusive healthcare for both men and women.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

i think the title for this thread is wrong i think it should read the lefts war on women

planned parenthood was created as population control for african americans

pretty fascist to me.

like everything else on this site its always the pot calling the kettle black

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The GOP used to have strong women, that is, women capable of standing up to male dominance over women's lives and women supportive of issues that helped their childrens quality of life. With the continued rightward slide since 1980, these moderate women were told to. in effect, sit down and shut up.
An informative read.

Corporate interests were often at odds with womens interests (pollution, ex), and the party in power needed more women not willing to challenge status quo. Religion could be a filter for political action, if the religion advised women to be submissive to men in all things. The OP noted, "Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion."

Hence, for ex., the Southern Baptist Convention became a source of women to elect Republicans. And this for the Catholic Church

What then explains the current captivity, perhaps more figurative than literal, of the Catholic church in America by the Republican Party? This captivity was again in evidence earlier this month in Baltimore as the bishops met. The more vocal bishops were obviously unhappy with the election results, and some of the more extreme statements, such as prohibiting the vice president elect from a return to the town of his birth unless he changes his ways, sound like Republican ward heelers. How did this happen? Why are these bishops acting like functionaries of the Republican Party?

The answer lies in the difficult question of abortion. Roe v. Wade helped to shatter the Democratic coalition of northeast urban Catholics, southern Democrats, labor unions, the underprivileged, the discriminated against and other liberal-minded individuals. It put the Catholic church, and those who adhered to it, in conflict with a society whose most basic law now held that abortion could not, except in certain limited circumstances, be criminalized.

Republican Party operatives saw in this split a chance to capture the normally Democratic Catholic vote. Since Catholics form 25 percent of the vote in presidential elections, this was not an unimportant goal. In fact, the Catholic vote helped to elect quite a few Republicans in the last part of the 20th century and into the 21st.

source

And the above then helps to explain the importance of Planned Parenthood to GOP budget concerns. PP is seen as the gateway for abortions (as well as womens control over their own bodies), and the GOP would like to drown PP, along with govt, in a bath tub. The GOP needs to appease these extreme right voters, as that is the group that brought in the votes to elect corporate leaning politicians.

The GOPs current crop of "strong women" would rather go after other women, than take on corporate lobbyists and corporate control of govt. They're courted if they say and do the "right things", but suffer abuse (withholding of funds) and shown no respect (told to shut up) if not towing the part line.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

Was that your own list, if so I'm impressed if not do you have a link where that came from. Some really interesting points made about Fascism.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
That may be true now, that the budget deal stopped it in D.C., but that doesn't mean anything. There has been constant pressure for years from the left to make it happen. The health care legislation is a good example.

As far as I know, PP gets it funding directly from Title X (previously linked in this thread as well). According to law, funds drawn from Title X cannot be used in cases where abortion is to be applied by Planned Parenthood (and, judging by the language, any org that receives funds from that source). Unfortunately, I cannot speak to the HCR stuff going on, but will look into that as well. Then again, did I completely miss the point of that post?

What I do know is that the budget deal was being held up (partially or wholly can be argued here) because members of the GOP were telling us that PP was providing a ridiculous amount of abortions. This is just not true.

But back to the topic of this thread though, OP's statement does seem to be a little sweeping in its scope. I mean, the GOP does have female members and they certainly have benefited by the acceptance of woman to all aspects of our society. If the GOP was truly against women, then why are there female members of the GOP to begin with?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Cracks me up! The females always want and have an equil footing with men. But every time something is not going there way they pull the "I'm just a girl" card. Nobody is out to get you girls. You can have all the screenings, medical test and operations you want. But why do I and everyone else have to pay for it? Wage war on women. Fricken Commies! You want to be all empowered and stuff, pay for it yourself!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
LOL OP , i hope your not a female.

I could careless what you do as a woman. Go live . go die . go get raped , go rape some one , join the military , go have kids , go make a million bucks , do what ever you want to do , women continue to make the mistake that that they think men care what you want , men dont care what other men want why would we care what you want. Your no different than a man that sits next to you , your just physically weaker thats about it. NO ONE CARES what YOU DO , if your a man or a woman. Go to Jail , go get a job , go buy a house , no one cares because WE arnt YOU.

The quicker you feminist learn that WE DONT CARE the better. Again we dont care what other men want we dont care what you want either.

(in my opinion
)

(the YOUs in the above post speaks to most general female or male whatever floats your boat.)
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well when you think about it, perhaps the democrats war on women, starts before they have a chance to leave the womb alive.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I am in total agreement! Thank you for you efforts to shed light on this egregious and troubling trend. I share your views a demonstrated in GOP Politics when Less Government is More and was summarily trounced by the usual suspects.

This clip really sheds light on the misogyny of the GOP. Moral majority.......not.

Q: Did I star and flag this thread?
A: Faster than John Boehner getting misty watching Reagan as George "The Gipper" Gipp in "Knute Rockne."

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

yes storm the author of this thread obviously hates the right calls them fascist and then uses the same tactics

spreading fear anger and hatred all tell tell signs of being the same things as he is decrying the right of.

everytime i see threads like this one and others saying how the gop hates women and children i immediately think of abortion at least with abortion its a quick death versus the slow death of entitlements i absolutely hate both either way they are a gonner

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The Democrats didn't want to pay the Military, and Republicans wanted to defund Planned Parenthood.

Solution: Have the Military take over Planned Parenthood, then the liberals could call them "baby killers" and for the first time they would be right.

Got to thank Rush Limbaugh for that one......man is a genius!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Got to thank Rush Limbaugh for that one......man is a genius!

Woah there sparky. Let's not get too carried away here!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Two things:

1. I would not call PP a racist organization, the only girls I've ever known who went there were white. We were in high school, and they didn't want their parents to know they were on birth control.

2. I honestly just found out what crap our healthcare system is, which really had me dumbfounded because I'm am in near constant contact with healthcare providers. In any event, according the WHO we are 37th in terms of quality healthcare, and you know who was ahead of us, all those European commies with government healthcare. Remember hearing of the months and months it took to get a doctors appointment in France, well color me surprised to see France is number one. Huh.

Let the poor ladies get their hoohahs checked, it helps everyone.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Cassius666

i think the title for this thread is wrong i think it should read the lefts war on women

planned parenthood was created as population control for african americans

pretty fascist to me.

like everything else on this site its always the pot calling the kettle black

Can you provide a citation for this please? According to Politifact Georgia (previously posted within this thread as well) that statement is just not true.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

www.citizenreviewonline.org...

www.blackgenocide.org...

www.khouse.org...

www.protectingblacklife.org...

saynsumthn.wordpress.com... panic-women/

please by all means dont believe me or any other links feel free to do you own independent research

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

3% of PPH is designated for abortions.. they admit as much.

I think taking away funding is stupid, it's a good service, but tax payer dollars shouldn't fund abortions. If you want one, pay for it on your own dime.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thank you sir!

One thing that popped out at me re your links: all of them are biased as hell! I will dig into this aspect of Sanger a little further though, however the links provided need to be taken with a grain of salt, IMO.

No comments re the politifact link?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

well man any link dismissing "population control" is biased as hell

it had to come from somewhere just like the left dismisses the kkk was founded by the left.

even if you dont want to believe it planned parenthood is population control.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

well man any link dismissing "population control" is biased as hell

it had to come from somewhere just like the left dismisses the kkk was founded by the left.

even if you dont want to believe it planned parenthood is population control.

Just like the right cripples themselves to pretend Hitler was not a Christian but I am really looking forward to your links or sourced essay on PP forcing abortions on women who want to keep their babies. That sounds stunning.

Side note, war is population control too but I am having trouble finding Christians in Washington holding up funding for that. Maybe that's later like when we are at war, with 100s of thousands dying or something. Obviously right now the important thing is women who in the future may or may not get pregnant because their potential babies matter more, right? Sure.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Maybe with the health care reform it wont be as necessarry anymore. Why should money be dumped on a facilty that screens only one gender and only for certain things? Better spend it for more inclusive healthcare for both men and women.

Free prostate exams for you
or
no cervical screening for women?

Seems fair, mature, and totally the right way to be. Maybe you men should get something going for yourselves like we have for ourselves instead of flatout saying you dont want to fund it until you can get a free exam too.
edit on 10-4-2011 by Sinnthia because: vulgar language

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join