It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cutting Edge - 'The War You Don't See'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
[FYI] - If the Mods think this belongs in another forum, please move accordingly - and also a heads up, if this forum doesnt have much traffic or feedback i will repost in another forum as this topic needs to be heard and discussed!!!

Good Evening All,

I debated with myself whether to post this in the TV forum or Political forum but decided to place it here as it best relates to propaganda and disinformation.

Covering topics such as:

- Disinformation
- Propaganda
- WW1 through till Afganistan and Iraq
- Wikileaks
- The Bush and Obama Administrations
- The cover up of Civilian Death

Along with many other interesting topics we are now faced with in the 21st century and some of the more subtle tactics used in modern warfare.

As i am writing this thread, the SBS network Australia is airing a fantastic documentary - '' The War You Dont See'' by The Cutting Edge. A weekly program that airs some fantastic documentary stories covering many topics.

The War You Dont See

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4f5f7dda596.jpg[/atsimg]
Pilger takes us behind the scenes of disinformation

Renowned filmmaker and award-winning Australian journalist John Pilger explores the role of media in war in his commanding and timely documentary, The War You Don’t See.

Pilger, himself a war correspondent, traces the history of embedded and independent reporting from the carnage of the First World War to the destruction of Hiroshima, the invasion of Vietnam to modern-day conflict in the Middle East. He exposes how the practice of embedding journalists within the military controls not only what they are allowed to see, but how they are allowed to report it, and that “voluntary embedding” extends right across the media. Full Synopsis

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e3c6c5f7357.jpg[/atsimg]

Pilger said: “At the heart of this documentary are the lives of countless civilian men, women and children who are so often caught in the crossfire. Their lives depend on the truth being reported. Unless journalists are the voice of the people, not the power, they will have blood on their hands.

SBS - The War You Dont See - Airdate: Sun 10 Apr 2011

Introduction

Compilation

The War You Dont See 1/7

-Related Media - Youtube-

Part 3/7
Part 4/7
Part 5/7
Part 6/7
Part 7/7

My apologies as i could not locate part 2/7

Just wanted add something in.... Here is the graphic and disturbing war you did see:

Operation Shock and Awe

I added that in because looking back at it now after all these years actually makes me feel sick. We should never have been there to begin with....

Hope it makes for some interesting viewing for you and opens your eyes to what is really happening behind the view of the camera lense we take for granted.

Very interesting and compelling TV and it was very critical of the US military and it's recent wars, along with it's allies the UK, Australia, Canada and many other nations.

5/5 documentary!

edit on 10-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Yeah this is a great documentary, I think it's in this doc they explain how the pulling down of the statue of Saddam Hussain, was carried out by American pys ops officers. Well worth a watch.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yeah it's fantastic, i cant believe i hadnt heard about it untill now, considering it was ctually made last year.

3/4 through they start to discuss Obama and also Wikileaks.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think you posted in the right forum Havick.
Pilger is a fantastic documentary filmmaker.
I'll be watching the entire video later today.
great stuff.

"If it happened everyday we'd know about it"
PFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTT!!!!!
Not when journalism is controlled from the Pentagon!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Remember, John Pilger:

Just as the hysterical and rabid John Pilger gave us the verb to pilgerise (to distort events and presume malice and the existence of conspiracies)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

I wouldn't call civilian deaths and wars based on lies conspiracy...

That is all fact! Civilian deaths being covered up and at the same time hearing about allied casualties. Going to war on the premise of WMD's when we know now after 8 years there were none whatsoever.....

Is that a conspiracy?

edit on 10-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

That is so true.... the media hang of every word of the goverment and it become more obvious and blatant all the time. We are under the illusion that an election makes them look objective but al the time they will do exactly what they are told and act way too predictably.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
War is the biggest terrorist. It makes me sick and angry the complete disregard for human life and justice our nations leaders have. The corporations, media, government and military are all in on it driven by money and fear.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
OP, here is the ENTIRE movie on YT, in better quality than the links you provided:

Of course that doesn't change the fact the John Pilger is a sensationalist and widely regarded to be a distorter of facts to advance his own agenda. The Iraq War was utterly unnecessary - not to mention a criminal act - but some of the assertions made by Pilger are beyond ludicrous.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks for the full clip, i missed that on youtube and yes your right it is better quality

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I have to get around to watching this at a later date.

Unfortunately what we find here in Australia is that the majority of the population will be watching some mind numbing reality TV, sport or mind candy that distracts with the flashy lights and sounds rather than get a clue about what is foing on in the world.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

100% agree with that!!

The amount of mind numbing crap on TV sickens me, although in saying that i can be hypocritical when it comes to some TV shows but the majority is crap!!

SBS and ABC have some fantastic documentaries!!

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Havick007

Excellent documentary, bumping it so others might notice it

new topics

top topics

join