It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Icelanders tell the bankers to SHOVE IT yet again!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hell yeah Icelanders! You're the only country with balls in this world!

Icelanders reject debt repayment plan

Economic and political chaos feared as voters turn down a plan to repay debts to UK and Netherlands from a bank crash.

¸Voters in Iceland have rejected--for the second time-- a plan to repay debts to Britain and the Netherlands from a bank crash, partial referendum results showed.

Johanna Sigurdardottir, Iceland's prime minister, said economic and political chaos could follow, after near-complete results were quoted on Sunday by RUV public radio.

"The worst option was chosen. The vote has split the nation in two," the premier told state television, saying it was fairly clear the "no" side had won.

Icelanders say citizens should not bail out irresponsible bankers who were blamed for the collapse of the Icesave bank and the loss of hundreds of millions of dollars.

With around 85,000 votes in the referendum counted, official figures showed 58 per cent had voted against the plan compared with 42 per cent in favour, the television said.

Hell yeah. Tell the bankers and the bankers puppets, especially the UK to shove their scam up their butts.

Iceland, the TRUE land of the free and the brave.

+28 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Iceland; The next place to experience how bad mother earth hates countries that doesn't act according to the NWO-plan.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Iceland, land of volcano's and swindlers.

Iceland has no balls. They would have balls if they managed to repay their debts and settle the score.
Icelandic bankers are the true con men.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Do you not feel sorry for the general public who saved with the Icelandic bank and lost their entire life savings?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
fair play to ye people in iceland!!

i just wish the people here in ireland would not be so asleep and have done the same!!
wish we had a referendom for our say in it and not our government deciding "whats best for us"

fair play to iceland people ye have my backing anyway!!

go f**k yourself NWO and global elite!! ye havent defeated everyone!!

+55 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

This has nothing to do with the Icelanders repaying THEIR debt. Three PRIVATE banks in Iceland failed in 2008. Britain and the Netherlands compensated their citizens that lost money in these bank failures. These two countries want the Icelandic people to repay them for the money they spent when the PRIVATE banks failed. The peopole are rightfully saying no, these were private banks and we have no legal obligation to pay you anything.
Go Icelanders

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
the problem with ordinary people is all they think and worry about is money! everything revolves around money
the problem with the elite is they have too much money and want more power and controll.

elite want more power and controll, people want money, so the elite say to people we will give you money while behind the scenes they will have more power and controll.

YOU are being sold to the elite when accepting a bailout!!

they are there for a reason, they have gottin to the power status not by genuine good buisness men. they are smart and have it all planned out. do you think they are there for your best interest?? dont forget they created this mess so they could "help us out" or buy our freedom and control, making them look like the good guys who will save the day.

sorry but they have you all worked out their plan is fitting into place better than a jiksaw puzzle!! people are so brainwashed these days they dont know any different!

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
As always, the most telling aspect of this affair is what is not being said.

Notice that there is no mention of going after the executives of these failed banks. How much money do these people have in cash and assets that could be liquidated and used to pay off these demands? No one will go after those who actually profitted; nobody, and I mean nobody in power wants to have a legal precedent where any bank (or bank executive) has to actually be responsible for it's business practices.

The elite are trying to double down in Iceland. First they got this money through the actual collapse of the banks, now they want to be paid again, with interest, to cover what thier books say was 'lost'.

There should be a legal disclaimer like in the movies to go with this type of story...

No bankers were harmed during this event. All damages were absorbed by the victims or by innocent bystanders as verified by the IMF and WTO.

ETA...

Notice as well the subtle change in the story here?

It's no longer about the banks, it is all the fault of the Icelandic people.
edit on 10-4-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

nobody wins.....
unless the banks win!!!

at least here in american, probably around the globe really, some of these banks have done, and are still doing some pretty illegal crap and alot of questionable crap....
where are the prosecutions??? na...give them a bailout!!!
and when you have w hat seems like half the population wanting to ignore a large portion of the gov't's debt (ie...social security), well, one begins to wonder....
why should the little guy worry about paying their small pittance of debt, when the bankers million dollar bonuses have been saved on his back, when half the gov't is claiming that the fund they've been paying into half their lives is broke (it isn't, it's just that the gov't borrowed the fund's money and replaced it with real gov't bonds that are payable on demand!!), when the whole fiasco has driven the dollar into the abyss and the cost of everything is rising!!
our gov't here in amercian has stopped working for the workers in this country a long time ago, why should we be the ones paying for their bull any more!!!
why worry about our bills, they aren't worrying about all the bills they are running up, and theirs makes our look like chicken feed!

I can see why Iceland is saying no....
the whole world's economy is just one big scam!! geared to funnel the money into a few pockets at the top, and screw the rest!!! I mean, they managed to come up with trillions, for the banks, but well, why in hades name was I hearing all weekend about how the people we just sent into our newest, our third war might not get paid???

there's a set of videos that have been posted on the web awhile now, that shows all the people all over the world gathering at the central banks and just giving them back their funny money...
that is what I would like to see happen, somehow... us somehow getting out of their scam...

oh ya, we can come up with tillions at a whim, to save the banks....
we can come up with about a million a day, to have a war or two....
na, we can't pay the troops?????

sound's logical, doesn't it???
why weren't the british and other europeans depositing their money in their own banks??

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Unfortunately, most goverments didn't show the same fair play, not giving their electors a choice by a national referendum. They have played it hush-hush behind the curtains, shaking hands and making dirty deals with the money changers. Those governments are the biggest scammers; first, in making people believe in this silly game called "voting", then in making the same people doubt their own power to throw those scums back in the latrine they came out from.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

The Dutch and Brits don'r want Icelanders to pay, they want the Icelandic government to pay. The same government that backed up those 'private' banks. The fact that the Netherlands and the UK compensated the savings they were conned out of has nothing to with the icelandic government not paying their debts.
You are aware that the Icelandic government owns Landsbanki?

On a side note, I fully understand why the Icelandic people don't want to pay.
edit on 10-4-2011 by snewpers because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

While i agree with the Icelandic people many people here dont understand its not the banks or the bankers its the governments imposing there idea's onto the banking system. In America the housing bubble was started by politicians making banks take risky loans lol some loans they gave to illegal aliens i shat you not. Basically our government made the mistake.Add in a war funded by another country and the price of our money devalued causing inflation that caused our stock market to crash. The people on the white house/sentate/local government are morons so preoccupied by their own bill making and law making they fail to see where the actual problem is. And i can tell you right now if obama care comes to pass we are screwed totally.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
reply to post by fltcui

The Dutch and Brits don'r want Icelanders to pay, they want the Icelandic government to pay...

Trick question. Where does the Icelandic government get it's money from?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Not so long ago, from the Dutch and British savers

Chicken and egg question. As said before, I understand the Icelandic people, but I also understand the Dutch and Brtits.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

and this is what I believe to be true...
the laws didn't force banks to take out risky loans, the laws prohibited eliminating credit worthy people from getting loans because the house was in a risky area of town.....

and those banks that were compliant (no bank actually had to be), weren't the ones that were pushing the subprime loans....
the rich were richer than they ever were before, thanks to the bush tax cuts.....and well, wanted to get the most bang on their investments, there was a big demand for these cdo's and well, the demand was so big, that the banks could throw whatever crap the had into them, get them rated AAA, and sold, and get their money out of it...
so, well, why should the banks worry if the person owing the money was more than likely not gonna pay it back.....

show me an article that says different that isn't from a site that has a neocon slant to it!

edit on 10-4-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Chicken and egg question. As said before, I understand the Icelandic people, but I also understand the Dutch and Brtits.

You don't understand, private banks that collapsed in Iceland aren't owned by the govt. over there because they didn't bail them out like the fascists did over here.

Good for Iceland for taking a stand against fascist banksters.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
it's only money my friends.

and it won't mean much soon enough...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

It's called a bad investment. What is worse is that the investment was made by bankers for bankers. They just use the depositors money as play money.

The bankers need to start sucking up their losses and admitting their errors rather than taxpayers covering for them.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It is all a house of Cards, and the banks can rot in their own filth.
This global scene is falling apart,, restructure is imminent and it is all about control.

Don't be fooled.
Don't react in FEAR.

Quit feeding the system,,
it is broke.

Soon it will be evident to all this was a play for power by the elite 1%

Store your water, food and get ready for a storm,,, it is here

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Should the US tax payers be responsible for repaying the bailout money that went to the banks?
No. That money should be returned by the banks, to the taxpayer, plus interest.

<<   2  3 >>

join