It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we are here and where will we go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to my way of thinking.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but after 20 minutes of thinking i settled here.

Many of us have always wondered why we are here and what is the purpose of humanity on Earth. Almost all of us are firmly convinced that we were created by God or a god, depending on what religion you are.

Only a few people are convinced that we were actually created by a race of superior beings comming from space or even other dimensions and this can be found in the ancient astronaut theories.

The video above shows perfectly how early humans could have mistaken these beings as being gods.

Now comes the question, why are we here, and what is our purpose?

Before i begin explaining i want to mention that this is my theory and is nothing proven.

So, my theory is that our puspose is to aquire knowledge and to improve our thechnology and even our spirits so that we become beings similar to the ones that created us, so that one day we can create whole civilizations that will consider us gods because we are millions of years ahead of them. One day maybe we can create whole star systems and travel the stars or dimensions or both to keep peace between others.

Just imagine how humanity will look like when technology has nowere to go anymore, we know and have everything, and our spirituality surpasses the one of today's God.

So what do you think?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
You forgot to mention that many, if not most, of the worlds population do not think that we are here becasue we were created by a god, nore that we have any purpose here.

Most of the people in America believe things to be exactly as you described. But that is diferent from most of the people in the world.

I don't believe we were created, nor that we have any great purpose. The possible outcomes for the human species which you list are interesting, even exciting outcomes, but these do not count as a purpose. It is not our purpose as a race to develop in these ways, even though these may be possible outcomes.

Please keep thinking though (And posting your thoughts) - I have enjoyed reading your post, it has made me think, which is after all why I come here. :O)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Why do people think god and aliens are two different things? religious people know that god does not exist on the clouds anymore so he must be in space and therefore an alien of some sort.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Well, thats the purpose of humanity, and the purpose of every human being is to help as much as they can for this large goal, people should think more, try to understand what surrounds them and to try to use their imagination to their full potential.

@Viking no god is up there in the coulds but he is invisible because he has super duper stealth!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

You could be right here. I know that most of the planet holds some sort of spiritual and religious belief. Major Religions of the World Ranked by Number of Adherents
www.adherents.com...

During the 1800s comparative religion scholars increasingly recognized Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism as the most significant "world religions." Even today, these are considered the "Big Five" and are the religions most likely to be covered in world religion books.

People who specify atheism as their religious preference actually make up less than one-half of one percent of the population

I remember reading somewhere we are supposed to be like Gods but in other parts of religious texts man is admonished for attempting to be Godlike so it is a mixed message. It isn't a part of my religion but my firm belief true or not that all souls keep going around and around living again and again until they come out clean.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

First of all ... scary ass avatar you have ...

Well about religious texts condeming people for trying to become godlike because religions are engineered this way, at least the big three are engineered, although this may sound crazy, they were made to keep people from thinking to much because as David Rockefeler said "I don't want a nation of thinkers, i want a nation of workers.".

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

He's only my big bark, my dogs are both Bichon Frise.
I guess the same with the big 3 because if you have a bitter root nothing good is going to come from that tree. Muslim Christian Jew all corrupted but what about lesser tribes, pagan and Hindus? Easy to see that lies and truths are told alternately in the Bible, no doubt all books meant to enslave and control a population without failing and without them having a chance.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The generalization about religious and spiritual belief that I see circulating on ATS threads is depressing. When people take the topic of belief and try to dumb it down into simplistic categories they ultimately sacrifice the meaning, potency, and pull of faith. Yes, the Big Five (Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam) are considered the most prominent faiths on the planet. That, however, fails to recognize the mass movements within each religious ideology. For example:

Judaism was a response-religion to the Pagan and Polytheistic beliefs of Mesopotamia, Egypt, and other Middle Eastern tribal bands. Much of the religious dogma that YHVH delivers to the Jews is in response to the creeds, and laws which were handed down to the priest-craft of the pagans and polytheists. Where pagan societies did not frown upon incest, homosexuality, and the like (see Babylonian mythology for examples), Judaism forbids all of it (see Deuteronomy). Other places, Judaism completely lifts mythology. See the Ziusudra flood myth from Babylon, compared with Noah. See the 42 Assessor Gods of Egypt, or the Law Code of Hammurabi for early versions of the 10 Commandments.

Christianity was then born as a response-religion to Judaism. Jesus Christ was supposed to be the Messiah of the Jewish people, come to lead the Chosen People back to paradise. Judaism responded in two ways: Jews for Jesus, a movement accepting Jesus' divine nature; and standard Judaism, which saw Jesus as another Prophet of the Lord, but not the Messiah. As well, the wide gamut of Christian beliefs: Protestant, Lutheran, Anglican, Evangelical, Quaker, Gnostic, Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Baptist, Anabaptist, the Amish, on and on. Each sect has a different set of beliefs, values, etc.

Even a cursory glance at Hinduism history will show the evolution of Vedic religions from primitive man, to modern day Hindu practices. The overhauling of religious mythology, chief deities, rituals, scriptures, and festivals is enough to fill an entire volume. Each new movement was in response to changing ideologies and belief structures. Mixed, of course, with Buddhism, and other missionary religious practices. So, even Hinduism is not a small-scale religious movement.

Buddhism... Buddhism began as 13 separate schools. That means Buddhism, coming from the Lord Buddha, had 13 initial deviations resulting in the three common schools remaining today: Theravada, Mahayana, and Vajrayana. The words of the Buddha, the Gurus and Yogis, the Bodhisattva and their students are numerous and full of spiritual views.

My point being... people need to quick looking at religion as a one-trick pony, and realize the diverse and powerful options that it provides people with all across the world. Space Aliens creating humanity is not any more believable than Earthly manifestations of spirit and matter created humanity. Whether you believe the Ancient Astronaut theory, the Creation theory, or are atheistic in belief it pays to not discard the other two views before giving them adequate review.

My opinion, at least.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
We will all end up as bright green glow sticks.............No kidding

Ask Fukushima

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
we are here because god almighty wanted to share life- where are we going??we are not going anywhere. The bible is clear that we [those saved who pass his test] will live right here on the newly recycled earth. Those who deny god and christ through thei works here on eath simply go back to where they came from--oblivion-the gave-asleep forever-just like you did last night when u were sleeping-
We are living out the tree of good and evil-the one adam ate from when he wasnt supposed to-he was supposed to trust his father-but was tricked to eat. However god knew he would fail, and we would be living out the good and evil. for poof. for all times.AN EXAMPLE FOREVER

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Its actually a really interesting disorder.. for context, that dog is a whippet (google it if you are not familiar with the breed standard).

Either way, i think more people should put good time and effort into this type of thinking. It is through sharing how we individually see these things that we can all grow. It is also amazing how different these viewpoints can be. God is one of those that i think gets many knee jerk reactions, but it all depends on the personal definition (context) of the concept. Some things seem so obvious to us, that its hard to understand how another can think so differently, but they are likely working with entirely different contexts to help define the concepts. Most do not look beyond the contexts being presented by others, instead directly confronting them with their own.

i have always thought the purpose of life was to live. Perhaps not as descriptive as some feel necessary, but for this ones perspective, it is a beautiful and profound thing. As we live we grow, even if its nothing but older. Individual effort and choice can determine direction and "tenacity" but the overall path may be similar to the planets in the solar system in a different structure of space-time (or perhaps beyond it). with the driving force, some know it as the spirit, being a collection, a multi-dimensional electro-magnetic phenomena. Personal perspective, however, would be hard to argue is absent of some form of free will, at least as we understand it. The amount of change can be enormous, especially if one puts effort into it. however, if one decides otherwise, the mind is fully capable of programming itself to automatically respond with no conscious input of the overall body.

Where will we go? i think that all depends on where humans decide to move and grow. i feel that as a race, we are at a point where we should really look at where we are going. Technology has changed our culture dramatically, and will continue to do so at an increasing pace. i think it would be significantly better if our cultural story was one that was comprised of conscious choice, and consequently, personal responsibility. i also feel that a total restructure may be beneficial to all of mankind. Something along the lines of eliminating profit-based systems, and/or putting things in the context of a "1 hour work credit." i think that a cultural story of individual/communal support instead of competition would yield significantly greater growth and productivity along with a higher quality of life of all in a very short span of time. Issues that would arise would be things like explosive population growth, but hopefully with proper information dissemination the people of the planet would become educated and respond positively to the situation (ideally, obviously). Education might be better based on teaching children to "learn how to learn." This would, of course, also involve teaching them to think for themselves. Overall focus of individual education may be based on a combination of natural skills initially, with personal choice taking over once it became applicable.

i may or may not fully subscribe to the ideas i put out there, but i think discussion on this topic is a good thing
Apologies for discontinuity, as this was typed out off/on throughout the afternoon!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The primary mission of the corporeal human being is to be the "placenta" that allows the gestation of the full developed human being to achieved. Once the flesh and blood human dies, this gestation is completed, and the human being is then born as the physical manifestation of conscious awareness; a true hybrid of the only forms of unit physical existence - the Event and Information. Such a statement may seem like "voodoo metaphysics" at this stage of humanity's grasp of the true nature of physical reality, but once event physics replaces particle physics, and the variety of manifestations that information can take becomes more of an acceptable premise as a result, this macro-view of human existence will become much more readily embraced by the scientific and primarily logic-driven segments of the modern world.

The concepts of God, spirits, the soul, and the transcendent nature of the human being came into existence as a result of the empirical evidence that will ultimately point to this very fact of reality once our focus on the particle as the indivisible unit of physical existence changes to a focus on the unit of event, and the resulting unit of information that comes into physical existence in response to each unit of event.

It's a long walk from this transition (from particle physics to event physics) to a full realization of what the human being actually is, but without that transition, the journey will never begin. Just keep in mind that "When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail", and likewise, when you're an event that thinks it's matter, then of course, you'll be smashing particles of matter into smaller particles forever in search of a God-particle to explain where you came from. In truth, what you'll be finding is event chains - smaller and smaller event chains. For an event, all events that occur at the same sub-structural unit rate of change will always appear to be particles of matter.

Once the geniuses of the world realize this, discovering the reason for human existence will be a matter of connecting some pretty obvious dots.
edit on 4/12/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

top topics

join