It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Wants To Know?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
There has been a couple of things that I have been noticing when it comes to threads asking certain questions, and I feel that we need to evaluate those who decide to ask questions that a telemarketer would ask, and a person looking to learn.

When someones asks you what gun you have/use, I think there should be a revision of how long they have been here, if someone asks where are you located, yes this sounds paranoid, but are you serious... who asks these questions?

We as a community have kept our tin foil hat wearing to a minimum, we have been careful, and vigilant. I do not that it is wise to start letting our guards down now. Whatever you are not comfortable telling the guy that parks your car, well then a membership here is not the place to start spreading you business.

Those of us that were newbies earned our ranks, I dont care about stars and flags, but if this is not discussed, this may in fact end our discussions as a whole.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

You make a good point.

I don't see this site going away anytime soon. Because it works both ways.

And I have not heard that much about the targeting of individuals recently, but that could still be very much on the agenda. I assume these are your concerns.

It is good advice to site members to take whatever security precautions they might deem adequate. A lot of different types of people, from what I can tell, work this site.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox

You make a good point.

I don't see this site going away anytime soon. Because it works both ways.

And I have not heard that much about the targeting of individuals recently, but that could still be very much on the agenda. I assume these are your concerns.

It is good advice to site members to take whatever security precautions they might deem adequate. A lot of different types of people, from what I can tell, work this site.

This site going away is NOT an option. Being aware of those that frequent it, is a whole different story. If we want to remain in the ranks that we are, we CANNOT be part of the regular group. That is the purpose of many. whether said or not.

Precaution in #1.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

NoRegretsEver you're right, it does read like paranoia. Someone that seriously seeks your identity won't be asking you conversational or topical questions in a public forum. If they lack access to handy information databases because they are not qualified by post or position in life, $35 will peel back a few layers of password protected information to reveal a name.

With hacking skills or two more credit card charges at most a person interested in knowing completely way too much about you will have everything they want. Privacy on the Internet is limited to those who take several steps toward maintaining anonymity, very few are unbreachable.

top topics

join