It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let KerryFest begin!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
J.Kerry steps out early in Boston for a ball game...
And thus starts KerryFest 04....

Very soon now the wait will be over and we'll get to hear his platform for America....What is his plan? Can he gain the initiative?)

For now, Democrats everywhere drool at the prospect of being at this years political marti gras.

What does this convention mean to you?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Heh, it means nothing to me. I was already going to vote for Kerry, and nothing's going to change my mind.

I can just hope it lets undecideds and potential Darth Nader voters see what Kerry and the Democratic party has to offer.

Oh....I do look forward to Clinton's speech, that's probably the only time I'll actually watch for any period of time. That and to see how badly the "unbiased" cable news networks are going at Kerry's kneecaps.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Darth Nader....?

yes, I will be voting for him!

Nader 2004 for me

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Lots of rally around the flag fire and brimstone, but have yet to hear more than a Kerry infomertial.
Whats up with that hines/kerry woman? She is scarry...
I loved that thing with her arguing about if she said "anti-american" with that reporter, when they clearly had her on tape...boy she could be a bigger bitch than Hillary was.

Now we know who wears the pants in the Kerry whitehouse plan.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Ok so whats up with the swooping comb-over, plastic ken doll hairdo is that on Edwards head? He also talks out of the side of his mouth. Couldnt he have taken care of that mole thing?

How many days of this kerry infomercial are there?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia

Well, I could put it this way: The Democratic National Convention has scared me into voting Republican.

I was a bit undecided before. Maybe I wouldn't vote at all, since both Bush and Kerry sucked. But after a few days of the DNC, I realize that Bush may still suck, but he sucks much less than Kerry.

I've watched as much of the DNC on TV as I could, picking up what I missed on both Fox News and CNN when I was away at college or at work. This is what I've gotten out of the DNC so far:

-Bill Clinton is still a talented man and a good speaker, but I didn't like his policies when he was President then, and I don't like them now. (No, I didn't care about the affair he had with that intern -- I cared about the supercomputers he gave China.)

-Al Gore seemed angry and bitter in his speech. (Was it because of the 2000 Election? Or because he didn't the nomination again in 2004? I don't know.)

-Mrs. Kerry is a scary woman. She looked like she was drugged up during her speech. Her speech was mostly incoherent rambling, but the parts where she spoke multiple languages (ending the speech in French) told me volumes -- she's an internationalist, not an American. The U.S. is a tool to her, not her home. (There's nothing wrong with being able to speak multiple languages -- I wish I could myself, actually -- but the when & where she decided to let it all out was inappropriate, IMO.)

Most importantly:
-I have yet to hear anything on Sept. 11, 2001, Osama bin Laden, or al Queada. Are the Democrats pretending none of it ever happened?
I've heard plenty about Iraq and Saddam Heussein, though...

-When will Kerry actually tell us what he's going to do specifically to make the U.S. and the world a better place if he's elected President? He must not want to tell us because either (1) his plans are too extreme to get him elected if they became well known; or (2) they're so close to Bush's plans that he'll upset those who are already planning to vote for him if that got out.

-Why is there a media blackout of the Berger case? A man steals top secret documents out of the National Archives, and he doesn't get news coverage, or jailed? He should be in jail right now, getting ready to be put on trial for treason under the US Constitution...

After Mrs. Kerry's speech, I decided that I was voting for Bush.

[edit on 7/29/2004 by ThunderCloud]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Finally, i can stop wondering if i dont like kerry, now i know i dont like him...
at least the weeks of kerry infomertial is over.
a lot of drum beating, but not alot of specifics to convince me of giving him my vote...too much huggy huggy niceness.
bu bye kerryfest

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Kerry will win this election. I am willing to bet my soda money on it.

I am a registered republican, but I have rebelled against the Bush administration. I don't want a repeat of his presidency. Let it fade into the history books as a bloody and violent time in our history. How many people did He cause to die? I would not want his Karma.
Was I protected by bush? No. How many little Iraqi boys did he blow to bits in their own beds? Did you think they were my enemies, Bush? Those women and children killed by our brothers in arms were not threats to our country.

That vicious tyrant Saddam Hussein deserved to die, but He was no threat to the USA. When I kill my neighbor, I am arrested and presecuted. When Bush kills his, it is ok? I am not happy with his choices, and I think they have opened a big fat can o worms.

Arky

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I myself see the war as a necessary evil. By that I mean that if it didn't happen when it did, it would have happened soon. It's ok to not like the war, but don't take that out on our soldiers like Vietnam.

On the KerryFest: didn't watch it. Not voting for Kerry so didn't bother with it. Kerry makes me sick, so didn't feel the need to force myself to be sick. I don't like his politics, don't like his fake sincerity, don't like the fact that he belittles my intelligence.

Not going to get into a big debate with all the Kerry fans out there so don't try to drag me in. As stated on the news, most Democrats see Kerry as a good alternative, not someone that they just love. I don't see him as an alternative at all.

I'm a carded independent, by the way. I don't go the party line, I go by what's best for the country. I don't see Kerry best for the country. Though I don't like Bush that well, I'll likely vote for him, though I wish a good independent would surface.

regs out...

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   

from CazMedia

An end to the manufactured traffic snarl on Route 93 and all the side roads. An end to one week of local businesses having the worst week of the year, except for taxis and limos which made out quite well.

An example of efficient security systems. A look at how conventions have changed since 9/11; with dedicated protest zones and welded-shut manhole covers.

NYC and LA are used to this kind of convention. Beantown did a good job, but it was one of the biggest events to hit here since the Tea Party. Oh yeah, and the All- Star game in 1999.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
NYC and LA are used to this kind of convention. Beantown did a good job, but it was one of the biggest events to hit here since the Tea Party. Oh yeah, and the All- Star game in 1999.

You mean there were no major parties or major ruckus when the Patriots won Super Bowls XXXVI and XXXVIII?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Oh yeah, there were parties. Some turned ugly, too, just because of drunkenness. I was referring to protestors.

new topics

top topics

join