It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Israel still stand as a nation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Just interested in some opinions here.

I just want to know from the general public why you think Israel still stands as a nation when so obviously she is surrounded by all sides of enemies both in the middle east and the west.

Yes I know many will argue that Israel is a rich country with the aid of the Western nations, however that doesn't mean there can never be any uprising like what has recently happened in Egypt. Revolutions have occured throughout history, take the French for example where Marie Antoinette had the aid of Austria and other nations and so France was toppled. Why can't Israel be?

And as for the West, well we are seeing that the UN is often fence sitting between Israel and other nations so without future Western support possibly, what will be the key that keeps Israel standing?

Do you think it is quite possible that God's hand is on Israel because for me nothing short of a miracle is seeing this country still standing.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
stand still!!?
hahahahahaahahaaaaaaaaa

you are having a laugh innit.....in 40 years it went from a couple of gypsys to what you see today....i mean even emirates and dubai who found oil 40 ys ago, havnt progressed as much as isreal....when i say progress i jest of course

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
To OP

God ???
There is no GOD?
And if there was, he / she would have abandoned Israel years ago.
America is the only reason Israel stands at all

Sorry pharoah i meant to send to OP
edit on 10-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Yes I know what you mean Pharoah. I meant as in standing, as in Israel's surrounding neighbours are often bombarding her but never taking over so cause Israel to cease as a nation and become Palestinian.

Just very curious that there is always so much hate aimed at Israel and yet the country exists and will continue to exist when revolution is no new thing.

For me, it feels like there is a strong power behind this, God. Not America or any other western state because in all honesty they would probably be glad to see Israel's enemies take Israel so they can stop the funding already.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Ok, so lets so America pulls out and Israel is still standing. What is keeping her there? Because honestly right now America/UN is a bit like this 'not-sure hand gesture' when it comes to Israel.

So if they pull out altogether, and yet she still exists as a nation, to me that is pretty miraculous.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
because people are religous fanatics. they contribute because they are told to contribute.
and the xionists control not just palestyne, but the western world as well.

also they are following the protokols of xion to the T. the protokols have been around for thousands of years in one form or another. and everything in that book is happening now.

the occupation of palestyne is just one of the concepts they think they deserve.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by australian2011
reply to post by thePharaoh

Just very curious that there is always so much hate aimed at Israel and yet the country exists and will continue to exist when revolution is no new thing.

For me, it feels like there is a strong power behind this, God. Not America or any other western state because in all honesty they would probably be glad to see Israel's enemies take Israel so they can stop the funding already.

ok i get you...what i`ll say to that is...dont fall for the hype...isreal need billions a year to maintain what you see, once the rothchilds etc stop funding it, then it will disappear...the world economy as we know it, is built around isreal, oil prices, gold prices.

also its their secret services that cause most of the tension in the region...they pay mercenaries to sabotage, created terorr etc...

look at this.....turkeys airforce....egypts ground force...irans artillery....this is where to watch and you will see how they survive....watch from now how isreal destroys these elements

humans on the whole are peacful...they prey on this fact....if you cut the funding and corruption that they also prey on, then they will have a problem.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by australian2011

I can't say for certain about the U.N. but America will likely never stop supporting Israel. The political backlash from such a thing would doom whatever sitting president did that.....Assuming that in some parallel universe America found a way to stop supporting Israel, then yes....yes it would most certainly be a miracle....but that has not happened, and likely will never happen, so speculating on a possible miracle in an alternate universe is worth nothing more than a good Sci Fi script. I don't understand why you believe its a miracle they are still standing now. Do you have any Idea of the military backlash that America and her Allies would send to another country that declared war on Israel?! Its not a miracle at all...its just common sense that they are still standing. Also as for an uprising as in Egypt or Libya....well those were movements that started from within, not without. Israeli's are for the most part fairly happy with their country so why on Earth would a similar thing happen there?! Sure some very vocal Israeli's are very much against their countries treatment of their Arab neighbors (and rightly so.....Israel is every bit as brutal, if not more so than any of the 'Muslim' nations in the Middle East)....but these opponents are alas....in the minority. Some of the Israeli Soldiers have spoken out about their own atrocities against the Palestinians as in this clip youtu.be... Or actually just do yourself a favor and type Israeli Atrocities into Youtube.....You'll find countless videos.

By the way this has nothing to do with Race, Religion, or God.......Its about Hate, Bigotry, Intolerance and Ignorance on all sides. I wonder...will you actually look into this, or are you too frightened of truth.....the only miracle my friend is that Anyone would willingly choose ignorance over truth in a country like America where we have easy access to the truth.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Thank you for the comments so far.

I think personally that many humans are destructive, it isn't fair to just label the Israeli soldiers as destructive when really both sides of the war are killing. However what I meant about the revolution is that Israel is a very small country indeed. I am talking about a revolt from the other countries surrounding Israel, that it doesn't seem to be possible for some reason and that reason cannot be Western help alone.

The countries surrounding Israel could easily wipe it off the map, and yet they seem not too. Is it because they themselves know that as soon as they fire the nuke to end all Israel they know they will be signalling the return of Jesus? Because the bible states that as soon as Israel is under the attack to end it all, is when Jesus will return to the earth for the second coming.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
With its support from America in weapons and funding and technology, with its well educated society, with its kicking butt against the countries that tried to invade, with its nuclear weapons that serve as a deterrent, with its having been created and supported by the UN, at least early on, is it any wonder? Sorry, but the Arab and other Middle Eastern countries that have tried to invade plain old lost. Call it luck, strategy, technological advantages, what have you, Israel came out on top. So who wants to invade now? Who wants to risk being nuked? Apart from small scale (relatively) warfare such as missiles from Hamas and Hizbollah, resulting in periodically invading and punishing people in Gaza, West Bank, and Lebanon, who wants a war with them and to risk those nukes? They are still standing and still there because they won militarily, not by being good friends with their neighbors. Messy though it may be, their parlimentary politics is democratic while all their neighbors are basically dictatorships. Mubarak (formerly), the House of Saud, Assad, the Jordanian Royals..... dictators rarely want to upset the apple cart that keeps them in power, and having an outside enemy distracts from their own problems in their own countries. Consider alllllll the billions of dollars sent to the PLO over the years, or Gaza, or West Bank or Hamas.... what has it done for the people? How much was lost to corruption? How much was spent on weapons? How LITTLE has been spent on improving the lives of ordinary Palestinian citizens? Billions of dollars over the years. Israel has few friends but they basically have their # together while their enemies are mostly inept and more concerned with staying in power, That's why they are still there. God taking a hand? Who knows.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

There won't be any uprising because this will happen to those who tries to stand up:

twenty-two days of bombardment by land, sea and air which left over 1,300 Palestinians dead and over 5,000 injured..

en.wikipedia.org...

a total of 80,000-90,000 Palestinians have been displaced, including up to 50,000 children
en.wikipedia.org...

35,520 Palestinians staying under the UNRWA shelters
en.wikipedia.org...

Aid agencies have reported that Gaza "looks like earthquake zone":[28] widespread destruction of houses, infrastructure, roads, greenhouses, cemeteries, mosques and schools are reported in Jabalia, Tal Al Hawa, Beit Hanoun, and Beit Lahia in the northern Gaza Strip. According to the ICRC, "a number of areas, including parts of Beit Lahia looked like the aftermath of a strong earthquake"
en.wikipedia.org...

14,000 homes, 68 government buildings, and 31 non-governmental organization offices (NGOs) were either totally or partially damaged.
en.wikipedia.org...

170 out of the 407 government and private schools in the Gaza strip found that ten schools were severely damaged, and that 160 government and ten private schools were partially damaged during the Israeli military operation. Eight kindergartens were severely damaged and 60 were partially damaged.
en.wikipedia.org...

2,692 destroyed and severely damaged buildings
en.wikipedia.org...

220 impact craters on roads and bridges
en.wikipedia.org...

714 impact craters on open ground or cultivated land
en.wikipedia.org...

187 greenhouses completely destroyed or severely damaged with an estimated area of 28 hectares
en.wikipedia.org...

Vandalization of Gazan homes by the Israeli defense forces has been reported: plastic bottles of urine and closed bags of excrement were left. There were also houses where excrement was smeared on the walls or in dry piles in corners. In many cases, Haaretz reports, smells indicates that soldiers had urinated on piles of clothing or inside a washing machine. In all the houses, the report continues, the toilets were overflowing and clogged, and there was "filth all around".[34] The Associated Press reported that several homes had graffiti in Hebrew scribbled on the walls including "Death to the Arabs", "The eternal people have no fear", "Long live Jewish people" and other markings. On other incidents, an Israeli commander has reported that he has ordered his soldiers not to deface property and reprimanded anyone who did
en.wikipedia.org...

48% of the 122 health facilities assessed were found to be damaged or destroyed. 15 of Gaza's 27 hospitals and 41 primary health care centers has suffered damage. Two centers were destroyed, and 29 ambulances havebeen partially damaged or destroyed
en.wikipedia.org...

250,000 people in central and northern Gaza have no electricity supply during the entire day and night
en.wikipedia.org...

80% of drinking water in Gaza is not currently safe for human consumption.
en.wikipedia.org...

5,708 roof-top tanks were completely destroyed, and 2,985 were damaged. 2,204 solar heaters were destroyed and 1,762 were damaged.
en.wikipedia.org...

This or worse could happen to those who even tries to rise against the Zionist crimes.

This is just a small sample of what the Zionist regime of the occupied Palestine is capable of doing. The helpless and defenseless Palestinians use home made rockets as their desperate attempt to resist.

The world can't force Israel to comply with International laws because of US and its VETO power, so Palestinians are left with two options:
1: Fight with any means necessary.
2: Accept Zionist occupation, injustice, and expansion of illegal settlements.
edit on 10-4-2011 by P3ACE0WAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Israel as a Nation on the map has only been in existence since post WWII.The israeli people however have been around thousands of years and are still standing because they refuse to let their enemies keep them down.That is my opinion.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by australian2011
reply to post by meathed

Ok, so lets so America pulls out and Israel is still standing. What is keeping her there? Because honestly right now America/UN is a bit like this 'not-sure hand gesture' when it comes to Israel.

So if they pull out altogether, and yet she still exists as a nation, to me that is pretty miraculous.

She wont be able to stand on her own , never ever. If ever amemerica lets go of poor little israels hand, she will be attack from all sides within a minute. If israel lasted more than a day,............. well that would be miraculous

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Your premise that Israel survives because of USA's aid is incorrect.

USA spends about 30 billion dollars each year on foreign aid, which is less than 1% of the federal budget.times-news.com...

Israel receives about 3 billion which is only a fraction of Israel's 250 billion annual budget.
Most of that 3 billion MUST be spent by purchasing military equipment exclusively from US industries, thus both parties benefit from that arrangement.
Further more, US on many occasions told Israel to stop developing new sophisticated weapons despite them being years more advanced than any other weapon available. In return, the USA offered Israel to buy American products in a more convenient terms. Such was the case with the Israeli Lavi jet fighter.

Before 1967, Israel only received American LOANS which did not exceed 100 million dollars , and Israel bought its weapons from Europe or mostly developed its own weaponry, and yet it survived wars and other conflicts.

top topics

join