It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consciousness is a Quantum Entity

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Reality is.
Then someone comes along and tries to explain it. Waves and vibration is no more than an explanation of the picture that is seen.
Every 'thing' ('things' being mirages, illusions) comes from source and is seen by source.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What are we looking for? All of us, any of us, the scientists, the religions, me, you, what are we looking for?
Is it hidden? What is everyone looking for?
Do we even know? Does anyone know?

Searching, searching to find what?
The ultimate truth?
But why? Why?
edit on 25-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

Originally posted by sirnex
If it can't be proven then how can it be proven? How can one prove to themselves they are conscious and not under the illusion of consciousness?

The illusion of consciousness is a contradiction in itself.

You must be conscious to experience illusion...

Consciousness just means aware, that's it, that's all. Some people are under the belief that an advanced AI programed to act aware wouldn't really be aware. If this being the case, and acting as if one is self aware as an advanced AI, then it leads to the plausibility that the human brain in all it's complexity acts as a self aware entity without being separate from that organ, just as the actions of an advanced AI would not be separate from it's programming.

On that note, I have no evidence that you are indeed a conscious entity that is more than the programming of your brain.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
On that note, I have no evidence that you are indeed a conscious entity that is more than the programming of your brain.

Exactly. I could be a biological robot that just responds to stimulation but does not think or feel.

Scientifically consciousness does not even exist.

However, I know I think and feel, so I know I am conscious even if I can't prove it to you.

Awareness and reacting to stimuli is not the same thing.

---

Consciousness itself is the non-robot part.

Consciousness is freewill.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Jezus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Yes, I'm aware of that and I do meditate from time to time myself. Yet even this report dispels the many claims that mediation expands your consciousness. Meditation is a great tool to relieve stress, what it does not do is expand awareness or induce some cosmic metaphysical enlightenment, nor does it cause one to ascend into higher planes of vibratory ethereal existence or any other book and dvd claims.

The report in question involved subjects who had never before meditated, they sat for less than 30 minutes a day, and the test lasted for a mere 8 weeks. In addition, the meditation method was a simple mindfulness exercise which is helpful for relaxation. This type of meditation, even if practiced for 100 years, will not lead to any "metaphysical enlightenment", because that is not its goal or purpose.

There are literally hundreds of methods of meditation, and they all have their particular function and purpose. The type of meditation practiced by mystics has quite a different aim to the kinds of meditation used for relaxation therapy. Mystic meditation is a lifetime commitment and involves a disciplined lifestyle, and 2 hours a day spent in practice is a bare minimum required to make any substantial inner progress.

The report I cited did not dispel "the many claims that mediation expands your consciousness" because that claim was not made by that style of meditation, and neither was this the purpose of the research.

The problem here is that the metaphysical approach, practiced for thousands of years now has literally achieved no new insights other than empty claims. The physical approach has taught us many new things and has progressed our understanding greatly.

Metaphysics does not concern itself with the physical world, so it isn't surprising that mystics don't offer new breakthroughs in scientific discoveries and innovations. All the same, there is no way to assess to what degree mystical insights may inspire scientific research, especially the theoretical kind. For example, it is well known that Einstein spent many hours in lengthy discussions with Carl Jung about archetypes and other metaphysical concepts. The perspectives gained from these subject matters may have helped Einstein step outside the box, as it were, to arrive at his revolutionary theories. We can only guess, but it is a possibility, so it cannot be dismissed.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
What are we looking for? All of us, any of us, the scientists, the religions, me, you, what are we looking for?
Is it hidden? What is everyone looking for?
Do we even know? Does anyone know?

Searching, searching to find what?
The ultimate truth?
But why? Why?
edit on 25-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

You need to read a series of books that will give you all the answers you are looking for.
It is the outcome of a scientist and some friends who wanted to know more about our existence.

He held 4 university degrees, He was a mechanical engineer, physics teacher, professor of physics at the university of Louisville as well as a commercial aircraft captain for a major airline. After 20 years of experiments in channelling/contact, under very special circumstances, he and two very close friends made contact with RA.
RA is a mid 6th density societal complex, over the course of the books they answer anything you would possibly want to know on these subjects and much much more.

Keep an open mind and you will find by the middle of the first book that this was not made up. It is a very difficult read and you may need to go over some things a few times so you can fathom the depth of the answers given.

Once I had finished, I bought other books from the same people and am now reading the series again, I can foresee myself reading them many times more as it is so deep it really is hard to take it all in.

You should at least read them, there are five books covering 106 sessions, I bought the books but you can read them online HERE

They were published in 1981 and everything that scientist have only recently discovered are all covered in great detail, as well as much more. I have cross referenced the material with scientific material available to us today and it is astounding how accurate the data is.
edit on 25-4-2011 by CouncilOfNine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Watch this sirtex: Dr Jill Bolte Taylor
has a stroke & describes her observations during the event, it's fascinating, I promise, you'll like it!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CouncilOfNine

Thank you i will take a look.

We are seeking the ultimate truth.
The truth shall set you free.
Freedom from lies and confusion.
Lies and confusion bring dis-ease.
We all seek to find ease.

Believing will bind you and trap you.
Believing or asking others will not set you free.
Books and scientists do not know the ultimate truth.
It can not be found by looking to another.
The truth does not need finding.
It is here now always.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join