It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Mr. President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Dear Mr. President, I hear you would like to freeze pay rates for soldiers starting next year. Would you also consider cutting your own pay to save more money for our country? While you're at it, lets cut down all congressman's pay too. If the people who risk their lives don't get an increase in pay, why should we continue raising pay for those who take no risks and reap the benefits?

My 15 year old Daughter emailed this to me, I like it. What say you guys?
edit on 10-4-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Good for her for getting involved at a young age

I hope she stays informed, with the truthful, informative news of whats going on in the country and the world.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

what was off topic about this post? and there have been no previous 'warnings' in this thread, either.
edit on 10-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

I like it too! Smart young girl there...umm... She does know you arn't the President though, right?

No, really, did she send it to him too? What made her write that?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
Dear Mr. President, I hear you would like to freeze pay rates for soldiers starting next year. Would you also consider cutting your own pay to save more money for our country? While you're at it, lets cut down all congressman's pay too. If the people who risk their lives don't get an increase in pay, why should we continue raising pay for those who take no risks and reap the benefits?

Where did your daughter 'hear' the President 'would like to freeze pay rates for soldiers?

rant?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

What about teachers? Police? They are having state by state cuts? I agree with you fully. Why doesn't the president, congress, the governors take pay cuts as well? If you want to talk about measures to bring down the debt through sacrifice, why don't they lead by example? I agree with your point in general far beyond. Although it seems like most folks prefer playing partisan games. Said the exact same thing about folks like Walker.

Lead by example, and it appears neither the president or congress nor governors are doing so. Hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
bump

Mod Edit: Please spam with 1-liners. Review this link.
edit on 10-4-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Where did your daughter 'hear' the President 'would like to freeze pay rates for soldiers?

rant?
In the email Dear Mr. President that I said she sent me. I ask her to look at all sides and never take anyones word for it do some research then decide but I can't nor should I try to make up her mined for her. I thought this was good so I put it on ATS and I know as well as I think you know it's only part of a much bigger story.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

What about teachers? Police? They are having state by state cuts? I agree with you fully. Why doesn't the president, congress, the governors take pay cuts as well? If you want to talk about measures to bring down the debt through sacrifice, why don't they lead by example? I agree with your point in general far beyond. Although it seems like most folks prefer playing partisan games. Said the exact same thing about folks like Walker.

Lead by example, and it appears neither the president or congress nor governors are doing so. Hypocrisy.
Very well put I agree with you 100%, thanks

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Government Shutdown Moving In The Battle Of A Trillion Dollars

Time is running out, the U.S. government threatened to halt, if not the policy approved a new budget plan. The budget of 3.8 billion is at stake. Obama and Republicans argued bitterly – why would anyone then?
www.TheAsiaSun.com...

top topics

join