It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over what's happening to ATS, might be time to leave.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

If I see another "OMG" in a thread headline I will scream my house down !! Seriously. I might be getting older, and that may explain some of my lack of patience these days, but ATS has lost what it had when I found it all those years ago. I still see small snippets of the way it was, but other than that it has lost it's Edge.... it's become.. Dare I say it???

Don't worry what you feel is totally normal... It is called getting old!. I remember my dad saying his dad could not stand it when my dad would listen to the Beatles. Getting old means not understanding new things. Because it is different.

I bid you farewell, unless of course you want to start calling people BFF's and saying OMG every other paragraph.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Your thread reminded me of this video:

Alright I added the link ( I stink at embedding )

youtu.be...

In all seriousness, you could just bypass the threads that are not copacetic with you. Instead you have spent your time ranting and raving about threads with "OMG" or "LoL" in the title. All the other old timers around here need to stop the pissing and moaning and either get over the fact that there is a new wave of members or leave.

Quite honestly your post reminds me alot of the current mind set alot of the old timers here in the US walk around with. The "back in my day" bit is old. Your not offering any solutions to fix the problem your only voiceing and old and tired opinion that neither lacks credibility nor substance. I'm sure that if you would re-visit the old post you hold so dear, you would realize your bias has plagued you.

No matter what you choose, it is your choice. If you leave, just remember, a bunch of teeny boppers forced an old salty ats veteran out.

edit on 13-6-2011 by UnknownPhilosopher because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2011 by UnknownPhilosopher because: added link

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I've also noticed, in my short time here, a change in quality of posts and members.
I'm no golden apple, but I like to think I'm at least contributing positively, whether it be in jest at times or more seriously.

Basically, the way I see it, leaving this site, because 'it's not how it used to be', is comparable to people leaving a country hoping the grass is greener some place else. We know the issues here, we know how to deal with them and we know how good things can be.

When the good, those with a wealth of information, those with positive, stimulating direction, choose to leave this site, what remains? Only a larger, ever growing community, left more in the dark than the light the came for.
And those who only came for their own ego's and boasts, don't seem to stick around too long anyway... they come and go. Basically, like attracts like and I truley believe that those seasoned members here who stick it out will see this site swing round.

I'm trying to think of an analogy here (it's what I do
) but failing

It's like people realized long ago that there is a great pervading energy through the universe, then these dudes came along and decided 'hey, THIS is how you're supposed to use this energy!!' and more dudes decided there were other ways, more ways to use this energy.... eventually, after fighting amongst eachother they realized, 'hey, this is the same energy! S#!% balls, we're all here, together! Using the same energy!!'

well, that's my retarded attempt
oh well, you win some...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think stricter moderation of thread titles is in order. I'm not talking about censorship, I'm talking about mods changing titles to reflect the thread topic. I can't stand it when people create sensationalist thread titles for no reason, it's the same tactic that the gutter press use to sell papers.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

its dumb you log on and all you see is that a comets are about to hit the earth.
but i have been on this sit for around 4 years but ive seen the web site go from the more of the paranormal to love jon mcain or jon paul. i dont know if the whole country feels it or just people on this site. i dont live in the US so i dont know because all we get is fox and we ALL KNOW they are Fair & Balanced

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join