It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan warns of massive earthquake and volcanic explosion after the April 7 earthquake

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Hmm, well maybe we are finally getting some serious warning action from the JMA:

There's absolutely nothing on the JMA page here: www.jma.go.jp... that backs up the story you posted. As they're the alleged source of the information, I find that story more than a little suspect.

The press releases from the 8th (the date referenced in the article) all deal with daily updates and status of equipment, and there's nothing on the volcanic activity page that reflects that kind of dire warning. Also, there are at least twice as many active volcanoes in Japan than the 20 the article refers to. Can't see the JMA making that kind of mistake.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by shikori
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

www.theweatherspace.com...

Although that would seem alarming to some,.
it doesnt mean it will erupt,.
as an example,. the Iceland volcanoes melted much of the coverage on the area before any real
activity,. Just sayin

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Actually, there ARE warnings fora couple volcanoes in Japan.Ogasawara especially.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Anyone listening to Fulford, much as I don't want to?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Nightmare Scenario? A Big Quake Under Tokyo

More than 10,000 people dead, hundreds of thousands injured, nearly one million buildings destroyed, millions forced to evacuate and a fifth of Japan's economy wiped out. That's the scenario forecast if a huge magnitude 7.3 earthquake hits Japan's capital of Tokyo, a disaster experts say has a 70 percent risk of occurring over the next 30 years.

A government report has forecast that a quake of that scale directly under Tokyo would kill up to 11,000 people, injure about 210,000, force 7 million to evacuate and cost the $5 trillion economy around $1 trillion in damages — three times the estimate for damage from the March 11 disaster.

The spectre of disaster in the capital has prompted an advisor to Prime Minister Naoto Kan to propose creating a shadow government in another part of Japan. "We need to think about either dispersing government functions or creating a backup system in western Japan," Hosei University professor Takayoshi Igarashi told Reuters.

source

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by endgame211
Anyone listening to Fulford, much as I don't want to?

No. I used to entertain his musings some time ago- you know, the stuff about the 2000 assassins, ultimatums, etc. He stayed pretty well protected by spewing crap that you really couldn't prove one way or the other. So I left him as a "maybe."

But then he made the foolish mistake of claiming that Japan's quake was caused by nuclear devices placed in the fault.
:shk:

We've got seismology records of nuclear device detonations, and we know what they look like on graphs. This quake had NOTHING to do with nuclear devices. NOTHING. Game over for Fulford.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

All you have to do is look at the ancient underwater cities/civilizations that were almost completely erased by large seismic/magmatic events. We can find at least one such city/civilization off the Japanese coast.

edit on 11-4-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
another major Earthquake 7.1 magnitude, with expected 1m tsunami wave
wouldn't be surprised if some volcanic activity was triggered by one of these earthquakes

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It is interesting to note that in this case the USGS had the 7.1 listed on their site before the JMA. Usually it is the other way around. But what is more important to the JMA? Getting something posted to their site, or warning the public? They are probably SWAMPED with making calls, and taking them.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I'm currently here in Tokyo and just felt a nasty one, didn't last long but it was strong enough to get my heart racing (Again!)

I have this deep feeling Tokyo is going to witness a strong quake soon.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ward81
I'm currently here in Tokyo and just felt a nasty one, didn't last long but it was strong enough to get my heart racing (Again!)

I have this deep feeling Tokyo is going to witness a strong quake soon.

Sending you love and pray you´ll all be protected

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

Much appreciated.. I'm one of the lucky few who can just jump on a plane and fly out but the majority of my friends have a life and family here so it wouldn't be easy for them to just pack up and leave..

Strange times indeed.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
NHK:

All tsunami warnings/advisories have been lifted.

And now they are issuing advanced warning for ANOTHER quake incoming now.

edit on Mon Apr 11th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

I believe this latest warning was due to another smaller aftershock, as I see it in GEE. It is nothing compared to what just happened with the 7.1.

I would disregard for the moment, unless more incoming are alerted.
edit on Mon Apr 11th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This shows a quake happening right now hisz.rsoe.hu... 11km SE from Ishikawa city.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The 7.1 was just reduced to 6.6:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Totally understand. However, I just thought he was talking about HAARP, not nuclear devices. Don't get me wrong, I don't think every disaster is manmade, obviously. This earth turns and acts on its own volition. Just wondering about his recent articles.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ward81

Yeah, not that easy for you when having friends there, and you having compassion for them

Strange times indeed, seem lik everything´s a changing...
Hoping for something good to happen
We need it!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Heh, so I have a question- how does a 6.6 occurring under land, not sea, create a 1 meter tsunami, which NHK reported already arrived?

Only thing I can think of is that it could be mislocated, and the quake could have occurred just off the coast. Open to ideas on this one.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
True American:

If and when the big one hits Tokyo, what are the chances of tsunamis in Tokyo Bay?
Some people say that because it`s a bay, even if there were a tsunami it wouldn`t be a major one and that the parts of Chiba on the open sea coast line would be the hardest hit... What is your opinion on this?

What is the scenario you envisage in the event of a major quake near the TOkyo area? Just quake, not volcanoes, right now!!

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join