It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware all,christians beware,stand strong and keep your faith,in the word of god

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The whole Christian world almost is under a great deceptions. We are watching the following being done now.

Mt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
Joh 5:34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

BROTHER and SISTER SAINTS, Prove All Things,CHECK FACTS,AND DO GODS WILL.KEEP THE FAITH.
edit on 4/9/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hate to say it, but I believe that Christians are the ones doing the following. The fact that most of them are so dismissive proves this for me. I believe it is a religion of sheep being led to the slaughter.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Those verses are simply saying "You must believe what I tell you, and if someone else tells you otherwise, it merely means they are proving what I told you!" isn't that convenient.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

The whole Christian world almost is under a great deceptions. We are watching the following being done now.

Who are these prophets that are showing "great signs and wonders", and which Christians are deceived by them?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

I couldn't agree with you more.... Christians follow a text that has been re-written untold amounts of times. now not to say i don't believe in christ bc i do. i just think that his true message's have been twisted to keep of fearful of god instead of knowing our own true connection with the source of unconditional love. and i am not denouncing your belief just asking you to try and open your heart and mind, maybe if you listen god will talk to you. i never understood why ppl would think you only get one chance to prove yourself worthy and if you fail you get an eternity of torment.......

on a side note did christ not say we were all capable of achieving what he had....... just food for thought when all of these christ start appearing bc i think it's going to happen and then ask yourself...... am i not capable of the same

peace and love

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

i really don't believe you " hate " to say your statement, although i do believe you hope Christ doesn't exist.

As much as im sure you people who argue against Christianity, the Word of God and Our Lord... this message is no doubt directed to all our brothers and sisters in Christ.

thank you OP for your contribution
you are helping many by the strength we see in your action for our Christian family and spectators who may find their heart here.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ToatsMaGoats

Mmmhm unconditional love is not what christians preach.
They preach of a vengeful god a jealous god andd then say don't do what i do do as i say.
Yep religion was a good idea back when the tribes warred with each other but we are past that.
Still the bible is rewritten and reformed to be more modern.
In the next issue i hear christ had sunglasses.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by steven704

The reason I said "hate to say it" is because I wish I could put my unconditional faith in christianity. I tried before, and It made me a terrible person. I felt like a liar just by looking somebody in the eye. I felt like I was a lie. I've found a better path for me. One that has nothing to do with good and evil. Blind faith is just not an option for me. I don't care to whom this thread is directed. This is an open forum and I will post where I wish.
edit on 9-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: Hail Satan

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatitanimulli
reply to post by steven704

This is an open forum and I will post where I wish.
edit on 9-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: Hail Satan

And rightly so.

edit on 9-4-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: Hail Lucifer

I for one believe that each individual should pursue his own religious/philosophical/spiritual ideology so as not become another person's sheep and become independent. In other words YOU find your god yourself, and not take another person's word for it. I will leave it at that so as not to hijack the thread.
edit on 9-4-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

It is true that the great deception will even hit the Believers in Christ.

It is especially true that many of those bash the word of God.

They are filled with the word of man, which to them is pure truth, unable to believe that God would or could have man write down the thoughts of God and keep them for hundreds of years without error.

Yet they can believe anything that a public school indoctrinated person tells them as gospel.
Or what ever the media spews forth.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Because most of what is taught in schools is reproducable through individual scientific investigation whereas the bible is not (as it purports to be unchanged for the past thousands of years)

Eg, if in physics I am told that "two objects of different mass at the same height, will fall at the same rate and reach the ground at the same time provided they have the same air-resistance or are in a vacuum" and I do not believe that, I can try it for myself and will find that it is true. Whereas with a verse from the bible proclaiming God said so-and-so, I cannot investigate that myself for personal experience and have to "take a leap of faith".
edit on 10-4-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

What about the belief in God is blind faith?

We had to be created DNA is a language it had to be written by an Intelligent Being.

This universe is finely tuned for life to much one way on any one of the parameters would make life impossible.

Faith is not blind, if it is you blindly get into an airplane, your car, elevator, eat food at restaurant.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

What about the belief in God is blind faith?

We had to be created DNA is a language it had to be written by an Intelligent Being.

This universe is finely tuned for life to much one way on any one of the parameters would make life impossible.

Faith is not blind, if it is you blindly get into an airplane, your car, elevator, eat food at restaurant.

To summarise what you said: "Since we are alive, there must be a god" but on the contrary, if we were not alive here, we wouldn't be here to ponder whether there was a god or not.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

Because most of what is taught in schools is reproducable through individual scientific investigation whereas the bible is not (as it purports to be unchanged for the past thousands of years)

Eg, if in physics I am told that "two objects of different mass at the same height, will fall at the same rate and reach the ground at the same time provided they have the same air-resistance or are in a vacuum" and I do not believe that, I can try it for myself and will find that it is true. Whereas with a verse from the bible proclaiming God said so-and-so, I cannot investigate that myself for personal experience and have to "take a leap of faith".

Sorry but you are wrong most of the Bible is proved and most of the prophecies have come true.

Like the Jews returning to their land and using the language and money after 2400 years.

Evolution has never been reproduced, yet it is in school books.
The big bang has never be reproduced yet it is in school books. Faith based belief.

Also public schools have a political agenda, teach liberalism.

If it feels good do it, as long as it does not hurt anybody without morals.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

The jews returning to their land was done out of political (and ethically wrong) intervention with the bible as a source as to why they should "return to their land". It was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Evolution involving viruses and bacteria has been reproduced as it takes a relatively short amount of time when compared to larger species such as Human beings or even rats.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

You stated
To summarise what you said: "Since we are alive, there must be a god" but on the contrary, if we were not alive here, we wouldn't be here to ponder whether there was a god or not.

Answer

Why are you here?

What happens when you die?

What makes right and wrong? Man?

How did nothing create everything?

How did nothing with no intelligence create things with organization?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

The jews returning to their land was done out of political (and ethically wrong) intervention with the bible as a source as to why they should "return to their land". It was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Evolution involving viruses and bacteria has been reproduced as it takes a relatively short amount of time when compared to larger species such as Human beings or even rats.

Does not matter name one other Nation that came back into existence 2400 years after being destroyed.

Just because England gave it back to them does not make it invalid, nor that America helped them to return does not make it invalid.

So please I am waiting for this nation that prophecy has been written about so long ago to be named by you.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Answer

Why are you here?

To live.

What happens when you die?

My body shuts down and is recycled by the Earth.

What makes right and wrong? Man?

Yes. Man makes right and wrong. You travel to any other "group" and you will find the general consesus of what is right and wrong will differ. Our most primal instincts dictate our most basic "right's and wrong's" but everything else is influenced by our experiences.

How did nothing create everything?

Everything could have been forever

How did nothing with no intelligence create things with organization?

If it was forever, nothing would have been created. Merely "Re-organised". Eg, A man with pieces of wood doesn't "create" a chair, he reorganises the pieces of wood.

----------

Regarding your first two questions, you could argue that our contemplation of our purpose on this planet is merely a primal instinct in order to provide us a drive for self-propagation. Every living thing seems to follow a pattern of self-propagation, even non-living things.

So please I am waiting for this nation that prophecy has been written about so long ago to be named by you.

They named it Israel because in the abrahamaic religions it was called israel in the stories. This argument is not valid. It would be valid if Christianity and Judaism were very obscure and almost "cult-like" religions such so that the name "israel" could not have been used out of influence from religion, but since these religions are so well known, this argument cannot be used.

You could also argue that the purpose of our existence on this planet is so way over our abilities to understand this purpose, that our excuses of religion, God, and the big bang are like a 5 year old average child trying to explain to a 40 year old man how a space shuttle works in detail.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I didn't say that believing in god is blind faith.
Let the dismissiveness begin.(refer to my first post on this thread)
I see that my personal beliefs affect you.
Good. Now you know how Christ felt.

I notice christians get all scientific now protecting their faith. Why is it so important to you what others believe? I just like to share my points of view on certain things. I could care less what you believe really. I do find this a bit amusing though. hmmm scientific christians
Why don't you go ride a dinosaur?

edit on 10-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

As a Christian i don't hate a person for what they believe. the reasoning behind the conversation is so you ' hopefully ' see a glimmer of light. not out of anger.
there was a time when i would try so hard to have another listen. but no matter the question .. the unbeliever always has a broad field of answers to shun the Gospel

i finally realized faith is a gift. you can speak as much as you wish but you cannot force another to truly listen. to ' want ' to understand..

because most of the time the listener is in defense mode. and in order to understand, you would have to ask the Lord for exactly that.

Only through Him. Only through prayer.

you would need a humble heart.. ( Holy Father, Please, i ask you in Jesus name that i may understand your will )

then your awesome journey would begin
take care...
edit on 10-4-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join