It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mummified Frogs found in all different kinds of rocks over the course of the past 500 years ..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i just got this idea from Nefomore and i thought to my self hey its an very interesting topic and ill domy best to cover everything about little froggys in rocks and how they came about getting their along with my own commentary ....

www.solomonia.com...

This mummified corpse of a frog was found in a hollow flint 'geode' which was cracked open in 1899 by workmen in a quarry in England. There have been many reports of frogs found inside rocks;some still living in a kind of stupor, but which revived once exposed to air but which revived once exposed to the air.

paranormal.about.com...

Toad in a stone. In 1761, Ambroise Pare, physician to Henry III of France, related the following account to the Annual Register: "Being at my seat near the village of Meudon, and overlooking a quarryman whom I had sent to break some very large and hard stones, in the middle of one we found a huge toad, full of life and without any visible aperture by which it could get there. The laborer told me it was not the first time he had met with a toad and the like creatures within huge blocks of stone."

www.daviddarling.info...

Not long ago, a sapphire miner was cracking open rocks at a site just outside Adelaide, South Australia, when, suddenly, extraordinarily, out of the middle of one of the rocks hopped a frog. After a few minutes, the frog died.

www.unmuseum.org...

It is one of the strangest phenomena reported. Something that can't happen, but stories saying it does turn up again and again anyway. Stories of animals found alive locked deep within stone or wood, with no observable way they could have entered. This is the mystery of entombed animals:

www.forteantimes.com...

On 8 May 1733, when the master builder Johan Gråberg went to inspect the quarry of Wamlingebo (now Vamlingbo) in Sweden, two of the quarrymen came running up from the excavation in a most excited state. While cutting large blocks of sandstone more than 10ft (3m) below the surface, one of them had discovered a large frog sitting in the middle of a sizeable boulder he had just cut in two with his hammer and wedge. Gråberg followed the workmen down into the quarry, where he too was startled by the sight of the frog sitting inside the boulder. Part of the stone nearest the frog was so porous that the violence of the blow had fragmented it, destroying the impression of the animal’s body. Since the frog was in a lethargic state, Gråberg could not provoke it to move, even when he lifted it out on a spade. When he touched its head with a stick, it closed its eyes. Its mouth was covered with a yellow membrane. The master builder’s examination of this mysterious stone-frog was cut short by his impatience: for some reason, the Swede wantonly beat it to death with his heavy shovel. The quarrymen put the flattened body of the supernatural animal on a polished slab of stone and laid it in state in their cabin.

as to why things like this happen or how it happened its anyones guess, its still very new to me and its very interesting to say the least. i hope you of ats enjoy the links that i have provided and also i hope that together we can learn something new in our quest to find out how this happened .
edit on 9/4/11 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
wow what a find op thanks

star and flag for you.will be watching this thread

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Frogs/toads can do some pretty amazing things, so this doesn't really surprise me. Some can be frozen solid and revived months later. Check out this video, truly incredible.

edit on 4/9/2011 by goochball because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Crazy!!! Great find, Never heard anything like that!

Really makes you wonder how they get in there in the first place, and secondly do they actually eat the rock, so they can grow into the hole? really strange for sure!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Very cool find indeed! I hope someone else can chime in with more information on this! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Great Thread, I have seen these strange reports throughout the years and have always been fascinated by them.

Thanks for putting all the reports and information together.

Incredible to think something can live through that.

I'm sure many a lab would love to replicate this in humans.
It would take spaceflight to new levels.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i was actually looking into this a couple weeks ago ... very strange indeed. i heard they usually die in a few minutes but if exposed to water they could carry out normal lives

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
its extreamly interesting to say the least and ill do my best to add whatever i can find on this topic ,,, to be honest this is a first for me too...

wow is all i can say.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Here is the Wiki link regarding this phenomena.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.aquiziam.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I heard they dig into dirt to hibernate. Dirt and sediment gets piled over the frog with time. If there is an abnormally long winter, the frog stays in its frozen state and is literally trapped in the cavity. The rock is porous and lets in minimal oxygen while crystals form in the cavity which the frog can use as food. Its like being buried alive with enough food and oxygen to still live without any way to kill yourself. No one, be it human or frog deserves that kind of destiny.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Frogs are awesome little guys we grew a garden last summer for the first time and there was frogs living in it and the yard I have no idea how they got there because I have never seen a frogs before and in the summer we are outside allot. I have a six foot privacy fence it only has about a half inch between the boards and the concrete so I don't know how they got in but they loved the garden.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

Birds. Yes, at times birds. The eggs of frogs and fish sometimes hitch a ride on the legs of birds. Think about being a kid and dad digs a pond and years latter "fish" I had to figured that one out. But most likely 2+ frogs made some little swimmers in your pond.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I read about this phenomonon ( I think thas how its spelled) in a weekly magazine called the unexplained when I was 13, I find it strange that science has not investigated this

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

S & F for you here! This is the oddest thing and really makes me reconsider that panspermia theory where bacteria might have been trapped in rocks and traveled to our planet that way, heck it might have been whole frogs!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Amazing stuff here. Nature continues to survive in ways that we can only dream about.

$&F

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Makes me remember the buggs bunny toon...

Hello my baby... hello my honey...

new topics

top topics

join