It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New FBI ‘vault’ discusses Utah UFOs, other secrets...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I know the vault is being discussed elsewhere but this is the first that I have seen where it is actual FBI pesonnel and not crackpots' letters sent to the FBI.

www.sltrib.com...

BY LEE DAVIDSON
The Salt Lake Tribune

First published Apr 08 2011 05:00PM
Updated Apr 9, 2011 12:12AM
On April 4, 1949, FBI agents in Utah sent a cable marked “urgent” to FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover. It said an Army guard at the Ogden Supply Depot, a Logan policeman and a Utah Highway Patrol officer in Mantua each saw from miles apart a UFO — which they said exploded over Utah.

Under the title “Flying Discs,” the cable said they “saw a silver colored object high up approaching the mountains at Sardine Canyon” that “appeared to explode in a rash of fire. Several residents at Trenton … [reported] seeing what appeared to be two aerial explosions followed by falling object.”

Disclosure is imminent...
edit on 9-4-2011 by i am just saying because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

Thanks for posting. I found this paragraph interesting.

One document shows that the Logan UFO incident occurred two weeks after the FBI told bureaus that a “reliable and confidential source” reported that “flying discs are believed to be man-made missiles rather than natural phenomenon. It has also been determined that for approximately the past four years the USSR [Soviet Union] has been engaged in experimentation on an unknown type of flying disc.”

I'd love to know more about the Soviet flying disc program. Everything I've ever read on UFOs has always suggested that the Soviets were ruled out as being the source (maybe I've just being reading biased accounts?). Perhaps the Soviets also captured Nazi scientists at the end of the war and they continued their work in the Soviet Union? Maybe this could explain the 'Ghost Rockets' in Scandinavia just after the War?

ETA: This quote from the wikipedia page on Ghost Rockets suggests I was right about Soviets being ruled out as the source but maybe the 'Swedish, British and U.S military investigators had their own reasons for wanting to draw attention away from the USSR?

The early Russian origins theory was rejected by Swedish, British, and U.S. military investigators because no recognizable rocket fragments were ever found, and according to some sightings the objects usually left no exhaust trail, some moved too slowly and usually flew horizontally, they sometimes traveled and maneuvered in formation, and they were usually silent.

Source : en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10/4/2011 by MarrsAttax because: Reason given in body of post

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
I know the vault is being discussed elsewhere but this is the first that I have seen where it is actual FBI pesonnel and not crackpots' letters sent to the FBI.

Did you actually read the memo for yourself?
How do you know the MSM report is accurate?
Did you find out who the original source for the story was?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Ok, I've checked it out myself.
This would be the one, the Utah story is about ... page 54 of 129.
Link to FBI vault
Link to the pdf file.

As usual, the media hyped up the story and told half truths. They told the 'sighting' part of the memo, but neglected to say the explanation.
Secondly, once again this is just second hand reports the FBI are getting from outside, not investigated, but merely forwarded on to head office. Not original. Not reports by FBI agents.

The sightings are aerial explosions/flash of fire, followed by falling object.
The FBI checked with OSI, Hill Field Utah who replied that it was probably the result of some B29 training work in that area on that day.
Now you might not believe that story, but the FBI seemed to believe it.
But dutifully forwarded the story on to head office.

top topics

join